Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ataradan
    Looks cool =)
    Btw the flame leviathan fight isn't linked from your ulduar page >.>
    Server had gone down . Was spending the last few minutes making sure we're good.

    Apparently the information the first contact gave me was wrong: it *was* too much load. Temporary hardware on the box for today though, and we're good to go no matter what the internet brings.

    Posting more bosses now!

  2. #22

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    Yogg-Saron sounds awesome. It's already completely different from C'Thun. Factor in what we already know with the tentacles and brain room and it's already a potential classic.
    Banned.

  3. #23

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    Some of the abilities seem wrong.

    Everything Stormbolt or Storm related is probably an ability of Thorim. You remember the huge storm giant with the big ass hammer (which crashed in an area called "Thunderfall", it doesn't get more obvious)?
    Most fire and "smithing" related abilities are probably abilities of the Fire giant we saw (like Activate Construct, Devouring Flame and Grab). Same with frost abilities and Hodir.
    Asteroid and Cosmic Smash might be abilities of Algalon, the living star constellation.

    Yogg Saron also seems to come with Aura of Despair considering Saronite Vapors. There are also "Summon a Guardian of Yogg Saron from the ether" and "Spew bile at the enemy" spells.

  4. #24

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Malachy
    Some of the abilities seem wrong.

    Everything Stormbolt or Storm related is probably an ability of Thorim. You remember the huge storm giant with the big ass hammer (which crashed in an area called "Thunderfall", it doesn't get more obvious)?
    Most fire and "smithing" related abilities are probably abilities of the Fire giant we saw (like Activate Construct, Devouring Flame and Grab). Same with frost abilities and Hodir.
    Asteroid and Cosmic Smash might be abilities of Algalon, the living star constellation.

    Yogg Saron also seems to come with Aura of Despair considering Saronite Vapors. There are also "Summon a Guardian of Yogg Saron from the ether" and "Spew bile at the enemy" spells.
    Awesome.

    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...11009411&sid=1 BTW, this is also good for reference on some other encounters. Not as pretty, though.
    Banned.

  5. #25
    High Overlord Chopard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pepinoland
    Posts
    180

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    Can't wait to start raiding Ulduar...

  6. #26

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    <a href="http://www.stratfu.com/blog/2009/02/...hodir/">Thorim and Hodir</a>


    @Malachy: it's possible, ya. These appear to be boss abilities, we may have guessed wrong, not sure. Either way, I still found it really interesting information even if it's not totally right boss by boss.

  7. #27

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    The Iron Council and Mimir

    The Iron Council looks quite cool.

  8. #28

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    You should add Falling Rubble (http://thottbot.com/test/s63821) to the list of Hodir spells, he's confirmed to use it in the Ulduar trailer.
    Banned.

  9. #29

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX
    You should add Falling Rubble (http://thottbot.com/test/s63821) to the list of Hodir spells, he's confirmed to use it in the Ulduar trailer.
    Will do thank you . Heads down in test server spells at the moment, hard to see the forest for the trees!

  10. #30

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyth
    Will do thank you . Heads down in test server spells at the moment, hard to see the forest for the trees!
    Well I can also see it being the graphic for Blizzard, but it looks very distinctly like a big stalagmite. Safe to put it there for now.
    Banned.

  11. #31

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    <a href="http://www.stratfu.com/blog/2009/02/...Yogg-Saron</a>

    Annotated with gleeful commentary by me.

  12. #32

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    Mia and Tres <3 Vyk....pop on SC sometime soon...miss you buddy

  13. #33

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Miasthma
    Mia and Tres <3 Vyk....pop on SC sometime soon...miss you buddy
    I'll pass the message on to him tonight.

  14. #34

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Miasthma
    Mia and Tres <3 Vyk....pop on SC sometime soon...miss you buddy
    SC as in Starcraft?
    Banned.

  15. #35

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX
    SC as in Starcraft?
    SC as in Skullcrusher

  16. #36

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    FINAL PAGE:

    <a href="http://www.stratfu.com/blog/2009/02/...ities/">Random fun abilities!</a>

    No idea which boss most of these are from. Probably the cream of the crop is:

    Paralytic Field: You are paralyzed. Watch your step! You hear the sharp clang of metal and cries of agony from the arena beyond, where your companions are fighting a pitched battle. What do you suppose they would say if they could see you now?

  17. #37

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    Quote Originally Posted by Miasthma
    Mia and Tres <3 Vyk....pop on SC sometime soon...miss you buddy
    He says "lol wait what?" and "oh cool" and "I was just about to log in there for a bit" .

  18. #38

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    http://thottbot.com/test/s59206 More Yoggy goodness.

    This looks like a fight for the ages.
    Banned.

  19. #39

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    One more fun update:

    A fellow on EJ (Sapp, who plays as <a href="http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Accountant</a>, a paladin in <a href="http://cakevspie.com/forums/portal.php">NI</a> on Detheroc) used the MPQ's to make three very short videos. Kologarn's death, a door with four sigils opening (very cool!) and the clockwork giant boss....dancing.

    Truly a sight to behold.

    http://www.stratfu.com/blog/2009/02/...1-ulduar-mpqs/

  20. #40

    Re: Ulduar boss sneak peeks datamined (server online again)

    Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX
    Resist fight isn't happening.
    resist fight always happen.
    It's just a game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •