Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The New Tier 1 Prot Talent "Divinity" Discussion

New Talent Divinity: Tier 1 protection talent, increases healing done by and to you by 1/2/3/4/5%.

So, to get it strait, its a 10% to self healing buff? That seems pretty worthwhile for Ret in PvP and a few PvE situations (should include JoL procs, correct?). I'm trying to think of a spec that WOULDN'T want this for PvE or PvP- especially considering the point vacuum currently in Ret + Prot. Thoughts?

On a side note, the PvP Ret soloist build is looking rather interesting- (8/10/53)- that's 22% heavier self FL's and HLs that are easy to get off- might be the ultimate "take 6 folks on solo for leet pvp movies" build? The anti-shockadin?
    Your signature is too big, please read the rules.
    It is not a paladin's quest to tank, to heal, or to dish out the damage.
    Instead, the paladin’s quest is to win, by the light, using any means possible.

Re: The New Tier 1 Prot Talent "Divinity" Discussion

Divinity is nice. If it makes it to live, I'll be putting it in all my builds.

8/10/53- A pvp build that sacrifices Improved Hammer of Justice for Healing Light is giving up too much. Stun is just too good.

Used to think so too- but with imp hammer only being 20 seconds now... Not sure. Will def have to try it out.
    Your signature is too big, please read the rules.
    It is not a paladin's quest to tank, to heal, or to dish out the damage.
    Instead, the paladin’s quest is to win, by the light, using any means possible.

Where is the source of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzand
    Where is the source of this?
    Uhh... the PTR patch notes maybe?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Talents
    Protection
    • New Talent Divinity:Tier 1 protection talent, increases healing done by and to you by 1/2/3/4/5%.

i test drove adding conviction to my prot build on the ptr, but with the divine plea healing reduction, i think maybe this would be a better usage of talent points. if it stops crashing maybe i can respec to it... but yeah, im reading that as a boost to my judge of light with DPlea going. i read that as a 5% boost to it though, so not going to be that huge with the plea taking 10% self to 5%, so ill be even more motivated toward wisdom in raid groups

15+ Year Old Account

this definitely may help when SoM starts kicking our ass in PvE (ret) unless our stamina also increases alot idk.. it may be too soon to tell.

The 5% healing taken, for tankadins, seems mostly pointless; I'm getting overhealed many a time. If the tooltip read 5% more overhealing, I don't think it'd be that far off aside from the massive-tank-damage fights. I'm still planning on toying around with going farther into ret vs the 5% healing taken, but off the top of my head I'm leaning towards farther into ret. We'll see how the new patch lays out, though. That's what the PTR is for, right?
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

I'm trying to understand the reasoning of a +healing talent in the PROT tree.... this is stupid.

Now we just have to figure out if 5% healing is better than 3% crit.

Could always so 2% heal 3% crit... i guess.

5% healing talent with glyph of seal of light is 10% healing.
    Then you're getting rid of mana regen.

3% Crit plus glyph of seal of wisdom.
    More mana regen.

I dont know what to do.

I'm thinking Ill go 2% Heal with 3% crit and Glyph for Wisdom. We'll see.
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

It is useless for big hitting bosses. A 5% heal increase won't matter on a patchwerk-like fight. It will matter when you're taking small or incremental damage over a long period of time, perhaps off-tanking something in the corner, as it'll allow a healer to spam smaller heals over a longer duration. For the big picture, however, it's not going to directly matter to the tank himself, just his healers and their efficiency.

As for ret in pvp - I don't take any of the holy talents so I don't know why I would take this. It's certainly something that would be nice to have, if I had unlimited talent points, but I don't. It's more important to have enough stuns and burst or every healer in the game just walks all over you.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX
    I'm trying to understand the reasoning of a +healing talent in the PROT tree.... this is stupid.
    It's to give holy something on the first tier on the way farther into protection. Without kings, their other option is 15% strength, and I don't think that's top on the healadin's list of stats
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

I think all pallys are going to get this talent. Holy (obv) Prot (obv) Ret (we have extra points now, might as well. Guess it will make up for some SoB self damage)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nesjake
    I think all pallys are going to get this talent. Holy (obv) Prot (obv) Ret (we have extra points now, might as well. Guess it will make up for some SoB self damage)
    lets not jump to conclusions. wait untill more talents pop up in ret tree. then well talk

As Prot I dont really see how this could benefit me. I'm most often being massivly overhealed and this will only increse that.

The possible benefit I can see from this is if your healer dies and you have to take down a boss with only seal/judgement of light, then 5% would make a big difference, but for 5 talentponts Id rather increase my aggrocapacity and mobility so that my healer dies less often :S

Quote Originally Posted by Zarcob
    It is useless for big hitting bosses. A 5% heal increase won't matter on a patchwerk-like fight. It will matter when you're taking small or incremental damage over a long period of time, perhaps off-tanking something in the corner, as it'll allow a healer to spam smaller heals over a longer duration. For the big picture, however, it's not going to directly matter to the tank himself, just his healers and their efficiency.
    Ah.. Well.. that ain't true buddy. Especially on Patchwerk. As a MT there (you are the best MT there, so you do MT it, right?) you get lots and lots of small arround 8k Hits. Very Very fast. Sell hell yes 5% do help you to stay full.

As a OT, you get one big hit (20-25k) and need to be healed full asap. Now of course 5% extra Heal will help you become full.

Except for one fight (Sartha +3 MT the about 20 sek were you get 60k Breath Attack) you can no longer die with 1 hit. It is always time for heal in between. And you WILL get healed as a MT (lots of Hots too), so yes this does directly improve you're survivability as a MT.

If you're a OT.. well forget about the talent, go 0/53/18 and go nuts on TPS. But as a MT you are very very wrong about the value of this talent.

People forget to realize that YES you are getting overhealed a lot NOW. But Ulduar isnt the bush league raid that Naxx is so that 5% extra healing to you can really make a huge difference. I'm just not a huge fan of the talent because it's pretty much a mandatory 5 pts for holy which really kills my movement speed and 3% crit from ret. We'll see what happens when everything is settled and ported to live. Either way, all these changes to prot make me a very happy paladin on the weekends.

MMO says the talent calculator is updated but.... I don't see the new talents... and a lot of the new glyphs are missing.

=(
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

the talent is not on the PTR either. even though it's in the patch notes it's not on the talent tree. i think MMO is just waiting for the talent tree in game to be updated.

Out of interest what happens when a holy paladin heals themselves with this talent?

Would the heal they cast get a 5% boost and then another 5% because they are healing themselves?

If so que hilarity when you beacon the tank stand in fire healing yourself :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lysetta
    Out of interest what happens when a holy paladin heals themselves with this talent?

Would the heal they cast get a 5% boost and then another 5% because they are healing themselves?

If so que hilarity when you beacon the tank stand in fire healing yourself :P
    smart point.