Thread: Ulduar preview!

Re: Ulduar preview!

cool, wonder if this was just a teaser or if there will be one with speach and lore like the bt vid etc

looks nice ^^

cant wait to get in on ptr..

Deleted

Looks Awesome! That tram part seems to be fun I guess it's something like that quest in Storm Peaks when dwarfs jump on your airplane, but this time your raid is on the tram and have to protect someone driving it? If that's the case, it's probably Brann.

Quote Originally Posted by Zep
    Looks Awesome! That tram part seems to be fun I guess it's something like that quest in Storm Peaks when dwarfs jump on your airplane, but this time your raid is on the tram and have to protect someone driving it? If that's the case, it's probably Brann.
    Probably just regulated whenever you need it. Would be unfair to go from one wing to another at will when having to constantly protect something. Plus I'd want some kinda loot for my troubles and it doesn't appear to be a boss encounter.

It maybe just me, but it looks like Brann in front of a console-thing in front of the big statues 30 seconds in, like from the HoS encounter. A repeat of that would be interesting in a raid setting.

Most probably the tram is to take you further in after the first few bosses, in order to keep corpse runs short. I'm expecting a BT-style of layout, so a few linear bosses first, then a few bosses in different wings, then linear again at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX
    Plus I'd want some kinda loot for my troubles and it doesn't appear to be a boss encounter.
    O.o

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

This room strangely cries out to me as a recoloured Kil'Jaedan room from Sunwell.

Top this off with the fact that YoggSaron is coloured icy blue with Tentacles.

Me thinks we're looking at a Cthun style boss in a Kil'Jaedan style room.

Something along the lines of... Frozen pool within the centre of Ulduar...

Thoughts...

You forgot Yogg-Saron's brain....
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...aron_brain.jpg
    And yes there is a part on one of the sounds of Ulduar on the front page of the site that is called base\Sound\Ambience\WMOAmbience\UlduarRaid_Yogg_Saron_BrainRoom.wav
    Science flies you to the moon -
    Religion flies you into buildings

I seriously can't wait until this goes live, the amount of detail that they have put in looks amazing, can't wait to fight yoggy aswell.
    I just hope that it will be challenging and unique compared to naxx, it certainly looks like it.
    Can't wait

Artwork-wise this is already definetely the most colorful, involved, and original dungeon they've made...come on it even has a tram! They've done a really neat job with the lighting and special effects and the gear models I've seen definetely look Ulduar-ish, and it looks like its going to be really big but not crappy big like lame old BRD and those ones that were just lame as far as artwork goes.

Seriously though, I hope the encounters are at least on par with what Zul A'man was (my favorite instance atm). You needed cc, some strats unlike Naxx, and then if you add hard modes it should keep the hardcore people from too much bitching. Even a timer for one section of it would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tefty
    This room strangely cries out to me as a recoloured Kil'Jaedan room from Sunwell.

Top this off with the fact that YoggSaron is coloured icy blue with Tentacles.

Me thinks we're looking at a Cthun style boss in a Kil'Jaedan style room.

Something along the lines of... Frozen pool within the centre of Ulduar...

Thoughts...

Also a reason why this prob will be the room you fight yoggsaron in, is the chains that are around the room are broken, showing that something did break free from its prison. Also to note that those chains have the same transparent look as the model for yoggsaron's brain.

divided

I am looking forward to Ulduar so much. I am so bored of the current content, Ulduar is looking like it will be really good.