Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: My comprehensive review of 3.1 changes

Quote Originally Posted by einstein
    losing Hit means null dmg, for it misses and throws rotations off (conflag misses = no backdraft).

Destruction cannot afford the hit loss, the lack of crit on the specs simply makes Ruin mediocre at the very best.

That may not affect pvp much, but the specs are still useless for both pvp and pve, so far is demon or affi or go home.
    Then just gem/enchant for it, I do understand the concern with backdraft and yes that does happen. It is what you are willing to risk...higher dps/damage most of time or missing a conflag occasionally which would reduce your dps. It is all dependant on you risk threshold, which is up to each individual player.

PvP..arena or BG? That makes a difference on your statement of demo or afflic.

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    However you cannot actually say 99% for one, that is only a matter of your opinion. Ok...now you are breaking it down to just arena. Arena is not the only type of pvp. You cannot make generalizations to entire pvp activity by only showing it only in arena...the inference does not make the jump when using statistical analysis.

So again FG/ember is a pvp spec as can any spec be.

Edit: Also you need to put a disclaimer that your links only include 2000+ arena teams, thus again you cannot say it is the only pvp spec, in addition other specs are used including fg/ember in 2000+arena teams so how is fg/ember not used in arena also.

Now if you said, the vast majority of locks used 54/17/0 in arena teams 2000+ rating you would be entirely correct. However you cannot make the assumptions that all use that spec, as I am sure that is not the case, nor even 99% of locks (no data to back that up).
    Just because 3 out of a couple thousand people use FG/emberstorm makes it a pvp spec? Those people were probably raiding when they were armoried anyway. You think those 54/0/17 locks are pvp'ing with that spec too? Hell there's more 54/0/17 locks than 0/41/30 on these teams.

Of course there's a rating cut off. In this case it's 2000+. If it included 0-1500 players I would hardly call them pvp'ers anyway. Just people getting their 10 games in for welfare epics.

I don't care if the other 18% people were FG/emberstorm (given its really less than 1%), no other class has 82% of its playerbase forced into one spec. That should tell you if any class has one feasable pvp spec, it's warlocks.

Then just gem/enchant for it, I do understand the concern with backdraft and yes that does happen. It is what you are willing to risk...higher dps/damage most of time or missing a conflag occasionally which would reduce your dps. It is all dependant on you risk threshold, which is up to each individual player.

PvP..arena or BG? That makes a difference on your statement of demo or afflic.
    Higher dps as in a bit over mediocre?, see, luck would count as the 6k dps DK's can pull, destruction simply cannot pull big numbers for pve. the dmg of it works all around Ruin, low crit or no crit= crap dmg, even at 100% crit rate Ruin still doesnt pull wonderful numbers, for I have tested on private servers as on previous versions to 3.1.

Arena is impossible for any destru lock on a competitive battlegroup, as for BG's, getting zerged down by melee and not be able to do a thing is plain class balance fail, still fixing that is besides the point of destruction for pve, losing hit means making up for it by losing haste or crit, why is this guy so scared to give destruction more crit? is my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    Just because 3 out of a couple thousand people use FG/emberstorm makes it a pvp spec? Those people were probably raiding when they were armoried anyway. You think those 54/0/17 locks are pvp'ing with that spec too? Hell there's more 54/0/17 locks than 0/41/30 on these teams.

Of course there's a rating cut off. In this case it's 2000+. If it included 0-1500 players I would hardly call them pvp'ers anyway. Just people getting their 10 games in for welfare epics.

I don't care if the other 18% people were FG/emberstorm (given its really less than 1%), no other class has 82% of its playerbase forced into one spec. That should tell you if any class has one feasable pvp spec, it's warlocks.
    Lets start using arena instead of saying just pvp as this can/does misleads readers.

FG/Ember is being used in arena, thus an arena spec, albiet not commonly used one. FG/Ember is being used in BG's also.
    Both are pvp.

To say "If it included 0-1500 players I would hardly call them pvp'ers anyway. Just people getting their 10 games in for welfare epics." is nuts. First maybe the lock is not bad but his team mates are? Alot of people will do arena with friends just to do it. Any battle between players does constitute player vs. player as that is the definition. Now if you were to say hard core arena player that would be better.

Since there are other specs being used in arena we as locks are stuck with one spec for arena either, as shown by your own references.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein
    Higher dps as in a bit over mediocre?, see, luck would count as the 6k dps DK's can pull, destruction simply cannot pull big numbers for pve. the dmg of it works all around Ruin, low crit or no crit= crap dmg, even at 100% crit rate Ruin still doesnt pull wonderful numbers, for I have tested on private servers as on previous versions to 3.1.

Arena is impossible for any destru lock on a competitive battlegroup, as for BG's, getting zerged down by melee and not be able to do a thing is plain class balance fail, still fixing that is besides the point of destruction for pve, losing hit means making up for it by losing haste or crit, why is this guy so scared to give destruction more crit? is my question.
    I think you meant to say hit, as that was in reference. I am for giving us locks more hit/crit however that is not up to any of us. I give alternatives which can be feasible. Yes I do agree dps on dest is a little lack luster on 3.1 never said it was not. Have you tried doing a full dest build just leaving out 3% 2% or 1% hit just to compare your numbers.

Hit really has not changed in mechanics from bc to now. Rotations are different now yes however consitently those locks who hit capped did less dps than those who were short about 3% hit, it is playing the odds.

Lets start using arena instead of saying just pvp as this can/does misleads readers.

FG/Ember is being used in arena, thus an arena spec, albiet not commonly used one. FG/Ember is being used in BG's also.
    Both are pvp.

To say "If it included 0-1500 players I would hardly call them pvp'ers anyway. Just people getting their 10 games in for welfare epics." is nuts. First maybe the lock is not bad but his team mates are? Alot of people will do arena with friends just to do it. Any battle between players does constitute player vs. player as that is the definition. Now if you were to say hard core arena player that would be better.

Since there are other specs being used in arena we as locks are stuck with one spec for arena either, as shown by your own references.
    If your definition of "pvp spec" is any insignificantly small number of people using it in pvp then any spec might as well be considering a pvp spec. At that point there's no point in have distuigished terms like pvp specs and pve specs. Apparently every spec is a pvp spec and a pve spec.

mages are going to 5% crit so its even :/

as far as hit .. 14% is our mark now. still better to take it on gear (which is easy) those 3 points are worth getting in afflic unless your deep destro and then it becomes the option (ignore 2/2 coa)