Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: How to make money with JC?

Im making anywhere from 500 to 1000gold a day with jewelcrafting, without selling Dragons Eyes. The thing is that is really comes down to wich server you play on, and your amount of luck. I bought all the recipes from each color of gem that are most in demand, and then just buy alot of saronite ore from AH, 10 - 50 stacks a day, depending on luck. On my server saronite goes for 20-25g a stack, and bold scarlet rubies, thick dawnstones go for 80-100g. The rest go for abit lower, 40-50g for purple and orange, and 10-20 for blue and green. So yeah, if you got a decent server, JC is definetly easy making money.

How much saronite should i buy for which price per stack?

On my server Saronite Ore goes for 24-25g, is this price ok?

Im sure someone else has mentioned it but if you don't have a chanter dont bother.
    Wrote a PM.

Well it depends on your server. If the prices usually go for 40g then yes its cheap and you should buy all of it! for me saronite per stack costs around 20g. Sometimes It goes for 16-18g and when it does I buy it all up and prospect the lot.

you might find it useful to d/l Auctioneer if you need help on figuring out what the standard price of stuff goes for from day to day...

Quote Originally Posted by Wynsight
    You need to head over to my server. Scarlet rubies sell for 90-100g and if you're being lazy and just want to buy a runed scarlet ruby straight up, you're looking at 120g each. Dragon's Eyes go for 175-250g easy. I hate old, over-established servers sometimes.
    I'm sure by " most realms lol " he ment his realm.

One other thing to keep an eye out for:

Regardless of the economy of your server, buy every stack of the Uncommon gems that you see that sells for less than 10g on the AH. An uncut gem sells for 25 silver, cut gem for 50 silver, and a perfect cut gem sells for 1g. If you buy a stack of gems from the AH for 10g, and turn them into cut gems, the worse thing that happens is that you'll break even. If you're lucky, you'll get a perfect you an AH for 20g, or you can at least vendor for 1g (still making a marginal profit).

Shadow Cyrstals usually sells for 7.5 - 10g a stack on my server and I'll AFK cut them by the hundreds. I wouldn't use this as your primary source of JC incoming, but it's a nice zero risk/small gain tool to add to your toolbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefpotpie
    the economy is different on every server, I know on my server at least it is impossible to make money from jewelcrafting as the only gem worth more than 10 gold is scarlet ruby, and people dont like to tip more than like 3g on a 5g gem

my advice, do your daily every day, do your transmute every day, and sell your dragons eyes
    This.

On my server, the prices of gems have dropped so badly compared to frozen orbs that I stopped doing my transmutes, but yeah, other than whatever Dragon's Eye cut you actually need for your gear, don't buy other cuts, just sell the Dragon's Eyes. Basically it's a JC-exclusive 200g daily quest.

Hi - great thread..

I've dabbled in JewelCrafting but never too seriously.. over time I've gotten my skill to about 300...

I wondered if anyone could post a link to a guide that would explain the differences in rare and common gems, and what it means to make a pefect gem and what not.

Basicaly I just want to know the basics of the lingo that is used. Any info is appreciated really!

Quote Originally Posted by Laithen
    One other thing to keep an eye out for:

Regardless of the economy of your server, buy every stack of the Uncommon gems that you see that sells for less than 10g on the AH. An uncut gem sells for 25 silver, cut gem for 50 silver, and a perfect cut gem sells for 1g. If you buy a stack of gems from the AH for 10g, and turn them into cut gems, the worse thing that happens is that you'll break even. If you're lucky, you'll get a perfect you an AH for 20g, or you can at least vendor for 1g (still making a marginal profit).

Shadow Cyrstals usually sells for 7.5 - 10g a stack on my server and I'll AFK cut them by the hundreds. I wouldn't use this as your primary source of JC incoming, but it's a nice zero risk/small gain tool to add to your toolbox.
    Shadow Crystals sells for 20-30g here^^ all other uncut green gems for around 40-50g in stacks.
    Now i try to buy stacks of saronite ore for ~25g each, then make the best selling blue gems and save the green gems. then i buy eternal earth (eternal shadow if it's cheap enough) for ~8g and make these rings:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43244
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43245
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42337
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42336

then i disenchant them and sell the lesser cosmics and infinite dust, but this only works if eternals and saronite are cheap.
    20 infinite dust sells for 90g a greater cosmic essence for 20g. what are your prices for eternals and saronite and when do you buy it?

greenmasheen

the profession has become what herbalism and alchemy once where. pick up mining and prospect your own ore and cut the gems if you wish... its just like alchemy in the fact that you add additional value to a product to increase its final cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Holding steady at about 100g on mine as well. It must be nice to get 250 from them. Your realm must not have very many hardcore min/maxxers that are drowning in dragon's eyes.

Notably the good servers are the ones that have such competitive prices. Coincidentally, that's where you find good guilds, and therefore, most min-maxers.
    Nezoia like myself comes from ravencrest-EU, ranked #1 PvE server (progress-wise) in the world, as well as #2 PvP wise in the most competitive EU battlegroup - cyclone. And on servers such as that one, it's not the amount of buyers, but the competition between sellers that drives the prices down. And sellers can drive prices down because they get their profit from the volume of sales - rather then the margin.

It's more profitable to sell 10 gems at 10g markup then 1 gem at 50 markup daily

On the other hand, dead servers with little populace have little competition, and as a result, prices there tend to be grossly inflated for items that don't have several actively competing sellers.

market economics working as intended

If you have a profession you become 1 of thousands with exactly the same skills. in other words you have nothing unique to offer the market. This makes your skill one for your convenience only.

The money makers in this game do so by playing the AH - which for my mind is the most boring, time consuming pos ever, or by Gathering/farming in large amounts. My advice has always been either have a gathering skill or on alt.

And I am someone who has a tailor/enchanter main, an Alch/LW alt, another alt (still 71) inscrip and JC - all above 440 (mostly maxxed). But I make my real gold gathering on my herb/mine guy. The toon who I levelled specifically to gather and make gold.

Now I don't make so much gold - but don't actually need any either. I make rings to DE for ench mats, I have flasks and glyphs (I need to discover 2 more to be totally self sufficient) and I have a pet JC to cut runed rubys (I DE his greens in return) and can do all the others I need.

So you want to know where I make the most money: fishing & cooking. Love those fish feasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzu
    I'm sure by " most realms lol " he ment his realm.
    He's got almost 4k posts. Think he's also got time to check the AH on most realms? Professional troll YAY.
    Why not you paid your $15 right?

15+ Year Old Account

dragon eyes were selling for 260g last week, now down to 215g since morons are trying to sell theirs faster and faster...
    i hate those guy...
    and since everyone buy the gems uncut you should have a miner to prospect ore, you should make more money that way.

Ok, so I'm trying to make money out of JC now.

I was just selling the Dragons Eye - but the price on my server crashed to below 100g per gem (think it's gone back up again slightly to around 125g), so instead I started saving my tokens and looked at buying the recipes instead.

Is it worth buying the epic rings/neck recipes? Anyone had much luck making money from selling those? Or should I just stick with the gem cut recipes? I'll probably buy the runed scarlet ruby recipe next anyway because that'll be useful to have for my character.

Hello, I"m new to the forums, have been readign for a while but didn't bother to register to post, and I"ve a question.

I've invested about 1000gold in Saronite ore, 'cause frmo what I've read, prospecting can make you a lot of money, and as I've leveled JC with my PvE character I was wondering if I could earn some money back.

I always buy Saronite ore for 20g/stack

Runed Scarlet Rubies, whcih I can craft, sell for about 65 gold
    Autumn's glow sells for 15 gold
    Forest emerald for 6 gold
    Twilight opal for about 25 gold
    Monarch topaz for 20 gold
    Sky sapphires for 15 gold

Is it worth prospecting ? all the green gems sell for 35g a stack, and I can also disenchant the rings if I buy eternal earth for 10g/one
    Btw, keep up this great thread

Greets

living

Quote Originally Posted by Living
    Hello, I"m new to the forums, have been readign for a while but didn't bother to register to post, and I"ve a question.

I've invested about 1000gold in Saronite ore, 'cause frmo what I've read, prospecting can make you a lot of money, and as I've leveled JC with my PvE character I was wondering if I could earn some money back.

I always buy Saronite ore for 20g/stack

Runed Scarlet Rubies, whcih I can craft, sell for about 65 gold
    Autumn's glow sells for 15 gold
    Forest emerald for 6 gold
    Twilight opal for about 25 gold
    Monarch topaz for 20 gold
    Sky sapphires for 15 gold

Is it worth prospecting ? all the green gems sell for 35g a stack, and I can also disenchant the rings if I buy eternal earth for 10g/one
    Btw, keep up this great thread

Greets

living
    Off the top of my head your numbers suggest your ore to be worth 26g prospected. So if you're buying it for 20g you can still profit 6g per stack in a perfect world. If your prices listed are for uncut gems, beside the ruby you specifically mentioned, I'd look at pricing out cut gems. I'm certain you can easily double your investment by having the most profitable cuts for each gem. On my server the Bold Scarlet Ruby is worth more than the Runed and sells faster. If you take the time to find those cuts for the other gems, you make more money.

With my green gems, I personally make the "sun rock ring" or equivalents using crystallized earth. My economy looks similar to yours, and it's still profitable to cut the gem with crystallized earth and disenchant it. Alternatively, I make the blue ruby necklace and disenchant that into a dream shard which sells for around 19g on my server. 10g Eternal Earth + prospecting leftovers is still a small profit on most days.

There's usually a decent amount of uncut, uncommon gems on my server's AH (under 50s per unit from constant undercutting)...so I usually buy the stacks and cut most of them into whatever prefix has the least amount of AH supply then toss them back on the AH. Also I tend to save up many of the perfect cuts for later (drop in supply, price changes, etc.) if they're competitive with rare gem cuts. Otherwise, I just buy an underpriced stack, cut them (hopefully into perfects), and vendor for a small profit if I'm killing time for something.
    Kozma - Staghelm (US)

15+ Year Old Account

I usually farm the Saronite myself, if im in the mood that is. or there's just a heavy amount of people in the good farming areas (Sholazar Basin). Considering you get Crystallized goodies to turn into eternals and expand your profit. The ores also have a chance to hold a green and/or blue gem if you're just that lucky. Something more to expand your profit. + It's fairly easy to farm in sholazar basin...my gatherer map is cover in green from all the spots you can find them.

When you start cutting the gems, be sure to scan the AH at the time you will be cutting getting the biggest and best profit there is, and hope to not get undercutted.

I'm fortunate enough to have Alch/Jc/Insc/Ench/Tailor/Herb all maxed out.
    I found the best way to make some easy cash was to do lots of different things.

Prospect the Saronite
    Cut the good blue quality gems and sell them
    Sell the cheap blue gems in bulk
    Make the low level jewellery and de it
    Sell the some of the Ench mats
    Make some Enchanting scrolls and post them
    Do some of each and not lots of one otherwise you flood the market and get undercut

I also make lots of flasks with the elixir master and post them about 6pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Telant
    I'm fortunate enough to have Alch/Jc/Insc/Ench/Tailor/Herb all maxed out.
    I found the best way to make some easy cash was to do lots of different things.

Prospect the Saronite
    Cut the good blue quality gems and sell them
    Sell the cheap blue gems in bulk
    Make the low level jewellery and de it
    Sell the some of the Ench mats
    Make some Enchanting scrolls and post them
    Do some of each and not lots of one otherwise you flood the market and get undercut

I also make lots of flasks with the elixir master and post them about 6pm.
    Good point Telant!

I agree. If you want to make money quickly, which we all do, then it's good to be able to sell in multiple areas. I do almost all of the same as the above except the alchemy since I don't have that.

For example, I can make enchanting mats from disenchanting the cheap jewelcrafting recipes, crystal citrine necklace and blood sun necklace, and either sell the mats or make them into enchantment scrolls. On my server, I've been able to sell Enchant Gloves - Crusher for 100g more than the mats are worth which is rare for any premade scroll around here. But they only sell 2 - 3 times a week or so. Nice return, but not always a guaranteed return. If the supply of enchanting materials drops low one or 2 days a week, then I'll target that instead.

Gems for the most part don't change. The most popular ones are set in stone. However there are a few areas where you can spread the gems around, like bold, bright, runed, and uncut scarlet rubies. I can make almost the same amount of money on all those gems depending on the day, so that's easily one or two of EACH gem sold a day instead of cutting all bolds and selling 2 or 3 a day and having 5 or 6 others inactive.

One other thing I like to do is only post as many gems as I think will sell in 12 hours. We all know we are going to get undercut eventually, so I like to post maybe only 2-3 gems/scrolls/stacks undercutting the best price and let it ride. Not only do you possibly save AH fees but in 24 hours or 48 hours, things change drastically from oversupply to undersupply so it's not much use wasting your time and money posting something that you don't think will sell. Especially if you have lots of competition. About the only thing I post for more than 12 hours are the slow selling things, like my Enchant Gloves - Crusher. Usually no one sells them anyway so I don't have to worry about that market changing.