Thinking on making a druid

Ok for the past few days I have been greatly considering making a druid mostly to pvp with... so I come where with some questions about druids because I have never had one past lvl 33 & that was back with innervate was a resto talant.....

1. What is the best spec to lvl?
    2. are druids any fun in pvp?
    3. what spec should I go for in pvp?
    4. Overall is the druid class worth the time & effort to lvl from 1 to 80?
    I am Sofa King
    Wee tod did!

Re: Thinking on making a druid

1 feral

2 Yes

3 Moonkin - Good burst damage, cc, a little healing.
    Feral - High burst, survivability, but healing is quite gimped and you have to shift to cc,
    but its not too terrible.
    Resto - you can pump out a lot of heals, and cc. But if you get caught you'll drop fast
    The great thing about druids is the variety of play style with just a respec and gear swap.

4 I have a blast on my druid, in PVE and PVP and i hear the same from a lot of people

Feral is the best spec of any class to level with. No downtime due to using energy to kill and mana to heal up after, and built in increased movespeed, plus the ability to solo group quest in bear form.

Feral is incredibly fun in battlegrounds. Resto is pretty good in arena, I havent done it at 80, but at 70 resto pvp was kinda of annoying, 35 mintute mana battles against other resto's and a dps.

Boomkin is pretty godly in pvp right now too.

Druids are very fast to level, and out of my lvl 75ish to 80 druid, warlock, rogue, and DK, its my favourite. I say its worth it. Theyre also the best herbers in the game due to flight form if you need a farm toon.

well, honestly I had a 70 Feral druid back in BC and it was the shit!

PvP was always fun.
    to anwser your questions,

1. I leveled Feral, which was easy beezy. But My brother recently leveled one as Moonkin and He says you pretty much almost 2 shot mobs with starfall. but idk personally.

2. Druid of course are fun in PvP! pretty much any spec nowadays can tear shit apart.

3. For PvP spec, depends on what you like doing. turning into trees and healing, summoning trees, or blowing up clothies with your claws

4. Overall is it worth it? well it depends on your situation. for me i would love to have my old druid back (he got banned) cuz atm im a shadow Priest and we don't do shit in PvP and a druid would be wonderful fun. but these days i just dont have enough time to level and raid at the same time with IRL stuff going on.

Anyways that just my opinions. Yours may be different. :P

Wow... the first time on mmo-champion forums that people have not started complaining about my questions... this I like...

As for the druid... I am very impatient... how fast would you expect a druid to lvl from 1-80?
    I am Sofa King
    Wee tod did!

As fast or faster then however fast you leveled any other toon. It all comes down to your own leveling ability, how efficient you are. But it has the potential to be the fastest leveler.

I dont know how long it takes nowdays with all the leveling speedups, but I do know a buddy of mine just went from 1 to 66 on a ret pally in the last 3 weeks. I expect its faster then that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyoo
    1-60 certainly feral. From 60-70 you start to get a few Balance pieces making it viable, and 70-80 I think there's not much difference between them (for reference I did 1-70 as feral and 70-80 as balance).

I'd say yes They really are the masters of variety IMO, with 3 very different specs giving 4 different approachs (forms).

I'd say feral is the best of them in arenas atm.

Only you can really decide that, but I think yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Hey, feral is THE only option to lvl, atleast from 1-60++ after that u can decide your self, I would still recomend feral for lvling, no downtime and I soloed aprox every grp quest from 70-80 (without the wanted ones in dragonbligth). I started my druid in January some day, been off and on playing on it, cuz of raids on my main.. But then I decided to roll my druid, dinged 1-80 i 5d 2h, this is with RaF from 1-60

Imbah

Quote Originally Posted by Lyoo
    Ok for the past few days I have been greatly considering making a druid mostly to pvp with... so I come where with some questions about druids because I have never had one past lvl 33 & that was back with innervate was a resto talant.....

1) If you have the leather spell dmg shoulders, you could technically level as balance, but feral is the prefer choice

2) I actually have more fun knocking ppl off flying mount than pvping

3) Balance have a really steep learning curve in pvp imho, feral or resto is something i prefer when pvping.....

4) Yes and no, learning the class is fun though...... being ask to heal lowbie runs, not so much....
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"