Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Disc gone from absorbtion to flat out healing?

Its just the counterpart to Paladins Blessing of Sanctuary.
    They could Buff the whole Raid before with 3% damage reduction, and were the only one that could to that.
    And since Blizzard is spreading Buffs around (Replenishment, Scorch etc.) they did the same with Blessing of Sanctuary.

So it will affect the whole raid, once you cast a PW:S, theyll get the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Raige
    yes, and he's saying he feels the discipline priest deserves it more
    We were promised a 21 point Power Word: Barrier, group wide bubble. I don't care if it looks like a Death Knight's Anti-Magic Zone or not (although that was my idea for a 61 point months ago under the name "prayer of shielding") or if it looks like a pony riding around stopping the damage from hitting us. This 4 sec cooldown on shield's ability (Soul Warding), while nice on paper, isn't all that awesome as Weakened Soul is still in the way for primary targets, and it's expensive without the rapture gains.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

tested renewed hope, the entire raid go 3% dmg reduction, had a mamber that was out of range and still got it. all raid members and raid pets got it. enemy targets didn't recieve any buff.

overall - unique, huge utility. i believe BoSanc damage reduction has been removed, leaving the discipline priest the only one with this sort of buff, huge amount of mitigation to the entire raid in the cost of casting a cheap spell you already cast.

i don't want to sound depressing, but i have a feeling this will see a change.

to kelesti: sheild cost even less now, log on ptr and see. i had no mana problems as discipline, infact mana was almost not a issue on several uldar tries, and on some nax testing (compareing with same gear combat log from live and from ptr). i can't say the same about holy, heal per mana is extremely expensive - especially if you don't crit. you are forgeting soul warding doesn't only reduce the CD to make sheild instant, it also reduces the mana cost (this also regarding to other post about concerning mana problems for discipline. i had none as discipline).

i think holy is abit screwed it seems like DP isn't granting the additional 10% increase healing - anyone else noticed this?

Quote Originally Posted by nikkita
    overall - unique, huge utility. i believe BoSanc damage reduction has been removed, leaving the discipline priest the only one with this sort of buff, huge amount of mitigation to the entire raid in the cost of casting a cheap spell you already cast.
    Before you make assumptions of BoSanc being removed, why not take a look on the paladin talent calc?
    It is at the same spot, with at least the damage reduction being the same since WotLK release.

15+ Year Old Account

Guess its nice that whole raid gets the buff, but I'm still going to say its about time as well. Not going to be all nice about how discipline or priests in general are being setup as punching bags here and there. Yes, we have gotten some nice things, but overall it looks like one step forward and two back in most cases to me.

In regards to the whole pw:b and pw:s being instant - I would prefer barrier since it means I can shield 5 instantly and not worry about having to use wcd on shielding each individually.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobutada
    You'll still have PW:S, PS, and Divine Aegis for absorption techniques and idk maybe something else I might forget, I don't have a high level priest.
    DA now stacks. You can get up to a 10k stack of DA on a level 80 target, as well as a PWS, so easily can hit 16-17k absorption to premitigate incoming damage. Now when penance hits back to back (or triple) crits, you reap much more benefit. Our evidenced healing on recount/wws may go down a bit because of this, but it only shows that we're doing our job that much more effectively (tank will have less damage taken as well).

As to other thoughts on PW:Barrier and other things blizzard has indicated, remember that when they introduce a major group of changes they are unlikely to present us with them all at once. No doubt they have several additional pieces to implement, but want to see how some of the core changes affect things and are received on the broader use of the PTR before fine tuning and delivering the balance of the changes. Better this than to give us everything up front and then radically change many of the changes, leaving us feeling we're getting major nerfs (despite the fact the changes had only been in beta).

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Yes DA it stacks but only absorb 10k damage on a lvl 80.

Quote Originally Posted by v-ice
    Yes DA it stacks but only absorb 10k damage on a lvl 80.
    Only 10k? The speed at which the damage will get eaten makes this number more than fine. It curves abuse and absurdity and let's the mitigation flow evenly over time. It's good enough that 3x crit on penance will yield 1 giant shield and by time you get more shield up on the target, some(more likely most/all) of the old DA will be gone ready to have more stacked on.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/