leveling a resto druid

currently 45 can anyone help me with a good leveling spec?

Re: leveling a resto druid

Mate. Unless you are wanting to level very slowly I would suggest leveling in Feral or even Balance untill you get to level 60.

at that point you have enough talent points to get a good feel for top level Tree healing and there will be enouhg players (60% DK) for you to heal instances for practice.

TBH I personally would go to 70 before going Resto. I level 50% of my XP in Instances after 70 and the other 50% in Feral.

A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Mage, Druid, DK & Shaman,

I leveled 1-70 as resto, then 70-80 as resto, now I'm a kitty (shame on me)

I don't recomend it to you, just level as feral/boomkin and switch at 70-72

okey thx..
    was just playing with my mind if it was any good but ill wait then thx any ways

Problem is that if you level as Cat or Moonkin it is very likely that you stay there when you hit 80.

I preferred leveling as a Balance/Resto Mix until 80 and the respecc to Full-Resto.
    With this you get used to the Resto-Mechanics an don't stumble into "omfg its so boring i'm not doing any damage anymore AND i can't heal because i never learned it".

edit: and - imho - it's also a question of style. You want to be a tree? Then BE a tree. :-)

I'd suggest to decide what you want to do endgame.

If you'll eventually become a resto druid at 80, then level boomkin. By the time you hit the level cap, you'll at least have some spell power.

Feral would be faster to level, but unless you enjoy collecting an offset for the 80 ding, it's gonna set you back once you decide to make the switch.

go ahead and level your resto.
    I did the same thing. when u are not in a hurry and when you just want to enjoy levelling your resto, you should really do so.

levelling as a resto has one disadvantage and that is: it just takes some time killing the mobs.

but it has lots of advantages:
    you wont ever die questing.
    you can easily join instances as healer (healer are rare on that level)
    you learn how to heal/protect yourself. which is very usefull for later pve and pvp.

i levelled my druid fro lvl 1-70 as resto and fro 70-80 as feral (cos then i was kinda in a hurry)
    and gaining a lot of heal-experience throughout those levels, i became one of the best druid healrs on our server.

resto is the shit!

got any good spec for that? :

I leveled 10-70 as Resto then 70-80 as Balance. I'm now Resto main spec and (dual-spec pending) Feral off spec. You can get a decent understanding of playing as Resto if you level as Resto, but unless you're leveling in instances (and saving up a lot of rested exp) it's not worth doing. If you plan to do most of your leveling while questing, don't play Resto.

One thing you can try is leveling as Balance and healing instances as Balance. You won't have any fast reacting buttons (Swiftmend or Nature's Swiftness) and will not have as much bonus healing from talents, but the lack of Resto talents shouldn't stop you from being a decent healer.

You were asking for a talent spec to use. Do you want one that's good specifically for healing or one that's good for leveling/healing? Fyi, there is no talent spec you can get down the Resto tree that would be good for leveling.

one for leveling/healing

this isnt my main so its no hurry for leveling just fun.

Deleted

Did the same thing, 10-70 as Restoration and 71-80 as Balance. Many friends told me to quit resto and level as feral/balance because it's faster. Ok, I agree, but if you enjoy something and you want to be good at it, then do it your way. 70-71 seemed a bit to hard as Resto and I was in a hurry so I tried the Moonkin thingy.

it really aint that hard getting to 80 as full resto. i did it in about a month and a half. just find yerself a good tank who is online about the same times you are and either 1 grind instances or 2 grind quests and crap... it was soo easy! i got from 71-80 in a week by grinding shit and doing some quests while he was offline.

*he as in my tank