Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Holy Priest build for 3.1?

This post is for discussion on the Holy Priest tree and raid PvE. (just making it clear its not a PvP thread). As far as i can see serendipity and test of faith arent worth as much as going down into mental agi. so this is the build i came up with:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9614

What do you think?

Re: New Holy Priest build for 3.1?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9614

This is what i think..

cant say no to faster flash/greater heal

Mental Agility is useless, better take the 3% extra healing from blessed resilience.
    Surge of Light and Serendipity have a nice synergy, so i would always spec serendipity.

I would go with http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9626
    If you dont like test of Faith, max out blessed resilience and take inner focus
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9626

Empowered Renew without improved renew isnt that good. Use the points of Desperate Prayer and inner focus to max it.

We will be using this build most likely (assuming the current situation will go live):

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...6&version=9614

We are considering picking up Lightwell instead of Test of Faith but we still have to wait to see Ulduar.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Test of faith isn't as good anymore without the crit so I choose to skip it, Desperate Prayer does have it's uses, but I find myself taking too much time to find it (Can't have everything bound close :P)

Healing Prayers will be awsome now with hasted Prayers from Serendipity and the extra range from Holy Reach is something I always wanted, but never found the points for

Sacrificing some healing power for AoE healing utility, sounds good to me

Quote Originally Posted by Swedishcow123

Test of faith isn't as good anymore without the crit so I choose to skip it, Desperate Prayer does have it's uses, but I find myself taking too much time to find it (Can't have everything bound close :P)

Healing Prayers will be awsome now with hasted Prayers from Serendipity and the extra range from Holy Reach is something I always wanted, but never found the points for

Sacrificing some healing power for AoE healing utility, sounds good to me
    Test of Faith didn't necessarily need the crit, but the 12% bonus is There When You Need It(tm), and won't be Overheal, which considering you're emphasizing raid-healing, isn't that bad of an idea.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Test of Faith didn't necessarily need the crit, but the 12% bonus is There When You Need It(tm), and won't be Overheal, which considering you're emphasizing raid-healing, isn't that bad of an idea.
    The crit was nice as it could proc stuff like SoL and Holy Concentration, not for the actual healing it did
    And when people get under 50%, I'll probably use a hasted Gheal on them, which can and will overheal, giving me no mana back anymore

It's a nice talent though, and I'm still considering taking it to boost my circle of healing/flash heal on heavy aoe fights

Is what I'll be going for.

Test of faith just doesn't have enough wang for me to take it.

3 x FH/BH is a 60% reduction on cast time on PoH, Healing Prayers takes the mana cost down 20%, and Holy Reach makes the PoH radius 18 yards, coupled with the glyph to add the HoT afterwards too is a frankly excessive amount of healing.

Assume 15% haste, 2500 spellpower raid-buffed. 2015

3 * 0.85 * 0.4 = 1.02 second PoH cast, healing for [2091 - 2209] * 1.1 (Spiritual Healing) * 1.1 (Divine Providence) + (2500 * 0.806 (this is the last figure I could find for the PoH coefficient per target, please correct if wrong)) = [4545 - 4688] with a [908 - 936] HoT over 6 sec. On each target, so that's 23,440 HPS assuming no overheal on the initial heal alone.

Consider that this is for 1854 mana * 0.8 = 1483 mana, or ~16HpM on the initial heal.

And it procs Inspiration.

And Surge of Light.

Holy priest dominion over AoE healing is returned.

Quote Originally Posted by periad

3 x FH/BH is a 60% reduction on cast time on PoH, Healing Prayers takes the mana cost down 20%, and Holy Reach makes the PoH radius 18 yards, coupled with the glyph to add the HoT afterwards too is a frankly excessive amount of healing.

3 * 0.85 * 0.4 = 1.02 second PoH cast, healing for [2091 - 2209] * 1.1 (Spiritual Healing) * 1.1 (Divine Providence) + (2500 * 0.806 (this is the last figure I could find for the PoH coefficient per target, please correct if wrong)) = [4545 - 4688] with a [908 - 936] HoT over 6 sec. On each target, so that's 23,440 HPS assuming no overheal on the initial heal alone.

Consider that this is for 1854 mana * 0.8 = 1483 mana, or ~16HpM on the initial heal.

And Surge of Light.

Same build as im gonna go for and for pretty much the same reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelian
    Same build as im gonna go for and for pretty much the same reasons
    Even without the HoT, that's extremely high HPS capabilities (even if it is gimped by group confines like circle was in 2.x), so I'd suggest dropping the glyph for:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Priest[*]Glyph of Guardian Spirit *new* -- If you Guardian Spirit lasts its entire duration without being triggered, your Guardian Spirit cooldown is reset to 60 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Priest[*]Glyph of Guardian Spirit *new* -- If you Guardian Spirit lasts its entire duration without being triggered, your Guardian Spirit cooldown is reset to 60 sec.
    Agree, looks very promising.

@Periad
    Holy Reach was only needed when CoH functioned as a party only heal. If your CoH cant pick 5-6 people with 15 yards range I doubt it will do it with 18 yards. Same story with your PoH. 30 yards is pretty decent if it will function like it should be (30 yards around targeted group member). If not it's still debatable but I doubt 6 addictional yards will change things aswell (but it's much better increase than it has on CoH, for sure).
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

And Surge of Light.

You stole my build

Even if I think PoH is a bit more limited in its use than you, getting a whole group to 4.5k healing will be the hard part, but I guess 3+ will be enough to make it effecient, just like CoH.

And the PoH radius is actually 36 yards, as it's 30 base

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball
    Agree, looks very promising.

@Periad
    Holy Reach was only needed when CoH functioned as a party only heal. If your CoH cant pick 5-6 people with 15 yards range I doubt it will do it with 18 yards. Same story with your PoH. 30 yards is pretty decent if it will function like it should be (30 yards around targeted group member). If not it's still debatable but I doubt 6 addictional yards will change things aswell (but it's much better increase than it has on CoH, for sure).
    Well, with the build I'm going for, the only thing I can replace it with is 1p in Desperate prayer and 1p in test of faith, which is sub-optimal.

Healing Prayers is just too juicy right now

Quote Originally Posted by Swedishcow123
    Well, with the build I'm going for, the only thing I can replace it with is 1p in Desperate prayer and 1p in test of faith, which is sub-optimal.

Healing Prayers is just too juicy right now
    Noone is going to drop Healing Prayers. We are dropping Holy Reach.

Re: Range checks.

I was actually incorrect in my original post, the radius of PoH is 30 yards, increased to 36 with the talent. Consider this example.

A <> B <> C

The distance between A & B is 35 yards, and B & C is 35 yards, assuming you target person B, you'll hit both A & C with the heal, at a distance of 70! yards from eachother. This will effectively mean you won't even need to stand in your groups to benefit, unlike CoH pre-3.0 where positioning was at least relevant.

I agree though, it's not as important as it was in TBC, without the talent you'll still have a 60 yard diameter. It might be worth playing with those two points in Test of Faith or Blessed Resilience. Will have to wait and see how it pans out I suppose.

I certainly wouldn't ever put a point in Desperate Prayer. The times that you get hit in a raid situation are rarely ever going to last more than one hit, especially in a boss encounter.

Re: GS glyph. Again this is going to need some testing in a raid situation, if you find yourself getting mileage out of the PoH glyph then it may be the better glyph for you. If you find that damage output in Ulduar is excessive and you want a 40% increase on the healing received at X points throughout the fight, the GS glyph becomes uber.

It's all going to come down to personal preference and play style, as always.

edit: goddamit stop posting so fast, I have to take quick breaks to type these posts from work

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball
    Noone is going to drop Healing Prayers. We are dropping Holy Reach.
    Sorry if you don't see my view of the holy tree :P

The 20 first points are usually fillers, you need 20 points there just to get higher, 19 of those points are great, one is a filler.

Now, the rest of the tree gets the rest of your points, but you can't move points from the first part to the second.

As holy reach is in the first part, you can safely put 1 point in there.

Now, healing prayers can be substituted for ANY talent in later part of the tree, where as holy reach can not.

And as healing prayers is the least attractive of the talents I want from the later parts of the holy tree, I usually curse it for forcing me to pick between it and other talents :P

In short, I can change healing prayers for test of faith, but I can't change holy reach for test of faith.

Mmm see what you mean, you'll need to waste a point somewhere. What a gip. 1 in Desperate Prayer then for when nobody's paying attention on trash except for you

1 in Holy Reach seems unavoidable then, the other talents are all just as "meh" though.

Desperate Prayer is a fantastic spell. I wish there was a glyph for it....(like can be cast while stunned/silenced....)

Re: GS glyph. Again this is going to need some testing in a raid situation, if you find yourself getting mileage out of the PoH glyph then it may be the better glyph for you. If you find that damage output in Ulduar is excessive and you want a 40% increase on the healing received at X points throughout the fight, the GS glyph becomes uber.
    It's not just about that, how about using it freely as the "oh shit, tank's gonna die" button, instead of thinking he's going to need it later. If it's not needed, you aren't screwed out of it for 3 minutes, instead only one.

Unless I fall in love with maxed out Renew, I see this as a strong candidate for a PvE holy cookie-cutter spec:

All-round holy raiding build (last glyph probably Guardian Spirit)