So what's the status of Blood at the moment?

Hi there

I've been browsing around different fora and I've found some Blood Specs, but I'm seeing Death Strike a lot. If nothing changes on the PTR, does this mean that Death Strike is going to replace Obliterate?

The builds I'm interested in are:
    Blood 1

or
    Blood 2

The Rotation I am planning to use is:
    OB>IT>PS>HS>HS>RUNE DUMP
    HS>HS>HS>HS>OB>RUNE DUMP
    IT>PS>HS>HS>HS>HS>RUNE DUMP
    HS>HS>OB>IT>PS>RUNE DUMP

Now with the new changes to Plague Strike I may consider use PS over HS, but I'll see about that.
    The real question is? Will Death Strike do more DPS than Obliterate with these builds or something similar.

Re: So what's the status of Blood at the moment?

I think they are trying to make DS a viable DPS option for blood as opposed to having to use OB and mainly trying to make OB frosts primary multi rune ability. From what I've seen/read DS doesn't hit as hard as OB but having it heal and keep diseases up makes up for the damage loss. Well that and it makes up for not having to waste points doing 51/13/7 build. I'm sure that build will still work just fine but being able to do a 51/0/20 build, have a viable multi rune dps ability that doesn't strip diseases, having a buff to PS damage, as well as being able to get necrosis and BCB (seems to me are now setup for blood or UH) more than makes up for the difference. Now that doesn't mean write off OB since it will still hit harder (like for example if you happen to have a multi rune ability ready right before the last ticks of a disease) but I think DS will be the primary ability IMO.

If you are wondering how hard it hits I saw someone post on a another thread and saw it was critting close to 6k.

Aight! Thanks for the reply!
    I use Obliterate at the start of my rotation to activate Death Runes and at the end of my rotation just when diseases are about to fall of!
    But let's see how Death Strike turns out and cba with the selfheal in PvE though.

The self heal won't be all that for raids (except make it easier on the healers for AoE fights) but for solo'ing and PvP I think it will be pretty damn strong.