Is Vindication bugged?

Ok, I just noticed when my char applies the Vindication debuff to a target, it seems to also be healing them for an equivalent of 20% stam? Anyone else notice this? Mostly because I see the health drops, then immediately come back up again o,O. Just looking for a confirmation or am I missing something?

Sincerely,
    V
    ;D
    In life pain is mandatory; Suffering however, is optional...
    Source: Naruto

Re: Is Vindication bugged?

if they are at full hp/mana when it procs it will look like that but there just at full hp/mana with 20% less stats..

It's because when you deal damage to the mob, you are lowering it's life. Then you have to remove 20% of it's max hp, so it looks like more.
    That sounded confusing.

Maybe this'll explain it abit better.

Mob; 10,000 hp
    Melee swing = 2500 dmg
    Mob hp 7500/10,000hp
    Vindication - 20%
    20% of 10,000 hp = 8000hp

Edit; I don't think that's added up right, actually. I think it's more like this.

After the 20% of 10,000hp = 8000hp
    It's meant to be 20% of 7500hp. (1500hp)

So total is 6000/8000hp, which looks less of a gap compared to 7500/10,000 (2000dmg compared to the normal 2500). When the duration runs out, it'll heal the lost 20% of hp (i believe).

Now the mob has 6000 of 8000 hp total. So the hp bar will slide up as the max life is lowered.

But as this is of attributes, the numbers above is an example, and ofcourse can be wrong (as i never really use this talent, as it doesn't proc on raiding elites).

Vindication works a little bugged, serves it's purpose I guess but.

Say 10,000 health.
    If you hit 2000 and applies Vindi, it ignores what you did because it already accounts for that loss on top of your damage somehow.

Yuck, I know, but technically it's the same as dealing that damage, so vindication seems to be an advantage that increases the lesser your gear is and the better your enemies' (how nice, our very own balance of justice..), but doesn't decrease as you get better.

Now one interesting thing I found about this, Hand of Reckoning always procs vindication, and it's out of the GCD.
    Bam, awesome debuffer and by when you get in melee range your damage goes on top of the debuff instead of being neglected by it's own effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevet
    Now one interesting thing I found about this, Hand of Reckoning always procs vindication, and it's out of the GCD.
    Bam, awesome debuffer and by when you get in melee range your damage goes on top of the debuff instead of being neglected by it's own effect.
    Shhhhh...

That's for the explainations. So at higher level it's good at lower levels it sucks, gotcha.
    In life pain is mandatory; Suffering however, is optional...
    Source: Naruto

Since it only affects maxhealth and not current health, it always raises the current health % of the target.

If you proc Vindication on a target which is around let's say 20% of it's health, it's maxhealth will drop, and thus it will more often than not go above 20%, in which case you can't use HoW anymore.

I'm leveling a paladin at the moment, and I made the mistake of taking this talent.

It is annoying as hell and completely useless! - Completely useless for my level 52 leveling paladin, in PvE, that is.

I keep getting the < Hammer of Wrath > announcement on my screen, only to realize HoW is not activated because I just procced Vindication on the target. It's frustrating as hell!

I don't care if HoR procs it every time and I could just HoR every mob first and then attack them, this talent is utter BS for a leveling paladin, and I for one am going to spend gold to free up those two talent points for something more useful.

It isnt bugged, it is just the math percentages are messing with your head a bit.

here is one way to look at it, using a mob with 10,000 HP as a reference

HP bars always show a "fill mark" or similar to indicate how much % total HP a mob has (like a thermometer "filling" up to 100%) and this is based on its current MAX health vs current TOTAL health.

if your mob starts out with 10,000 HP, it is at 100%

If you proc vindication on it you are lowering its max HP by 20% (or something close)

Example 1
    Say you Proc Vindication on it with out doing damage.
    So now the mob has 8,000 HP, but it is still at 100% total HP.

Vindication did 2,000 "virtual" damage to the mob, but it's Total HP % did not change.

Example 2
    Say the same mob is at 4k HP and not under the effect of Vindication.
    It is at 40% total HP (4,000 / 10,000)
    again, you Proc Vindication on it without doing any damage.
    NOW it is still at 4K HP, BUT its max HP is now 8,000 so its %health actually goes up to 50% (4,000 / 8,000)

Vindication did not reduce it's total CURRENT HP by any amount, because it only affects Max Stats, but the reduction of Max HP causes the % HP to appear to skew to look like the mob healed (since its health% overall appears to increase).

bad troll is bad. this has been talked about so many times, and all by trolls.

Vindication works a little bugged, serves it's purpose I guess but.

Say 10,000 health.
    If you hit 2000 and applies Vindi, it ignores what you did because it already accounts for that loss on top of your damage somehow.

Yuck, I know, but technically it's the same as dealing that damage, so vindication seems to be an advantage that increases the lesser your gear is and the better your enemies' (how nice, our very own balance of justice..), but doesn't decrease as you get better.

Now one interesting thing I found about this, Hand of Reckoning xxxxxx procs vindication, and it's out of the GCD.
    K i just fixed for blizzard eyes

15+ Year Old Account

But well its the way it worked since hum.. let me think since it got added ingame (vanilla or tbc no idea..)
    exactly <3 that spell