Improved Barkskin... make it like Icebound Fortitude!

So, I play get raped a decent amount of resto druid pvp and was excited to see a buff to barkskin.

I was thinking about it and I think they should change the new Imp. Barkskin to work like Icebound fortitude (http://www.wowhead.com/?search=icebo...tude#abilities) as far as the stun mechanic goes.

This would still be a pvp-only improvement in the Resto tree. I like the positioning of Imp. Barkskin (so that far down resto's are the only ones getting it) and it would help to make resto druids much more resilient.

I don't really think it's the dispel mechanic that is destroying druids, it's the large amounts of stuns combined with the silences that happen. If resto druids could pop barkskin during say... a rogue stunlock to get rid of 1 of the stuns it would make them able to survive it a lot easier. Since it's on a 1 min cooldown, I think that's not out of the question. The dispel mechanic will definitely help against DKs (since ashamedly they can sometimes solo me), but I think it's the stuns that hurt the most.

I do NOT think that all druids should get this mechanic (i.e. via glyphs or full change) but only the Imp. Barkskin (as I believe it would be too powerful otherwise).

Thoughts?

Re: Improved Barkskin... make it like Icebound Fortitude!

The defense aspect of it would make it too strong for bears. But the no-stun aspect would be fun, although I can guarantee it would be marked as OP. A healer you can't interrupt? Come on now...

Because their life isn't already going up through stuns and silences anyway.......

Hollaback... did you even notice where Imp barkskin is at at all? its nearly at the very Bottom of the restro tree... how in the World would that be to Op for "Bears" rofl... back to the subject i bleave that the original poster has something their would be nice to be able to remove at least one stun once a min and not get wtfpwned by a rogue dk with stun lock then silence lock

Quote Originally Posted by Shamoke
    Because their life isn't already going up through stuns and silences anyway.......
    Obviously you're not a druid...

Lemme tell you how druids work in pvp now.

Most 2 dps groups (whether you are talking 2v2 or 3v3 with 2 dps focusing on you). 1 will be a stunlocker and 1 will be a silencer/dispeller/stealer. You get stunned, generally stunned again and during that 6-12 seconds you have all your HoTs removed (hopefully you had some on you). You are also healing through an MS effect (wound poison/Aimed Shot, etc..) and finally you'll probably get silenced.

All I'm advocating is to reduce the ability to get stunned again. Heck, if you even think about it... a lot of the stuns share DR, which means you're stopping something that is half duration already.

The difference between Priests/Pallies/Shamans and the current druid is that they all have instant heals that require nothing. Druids have 1 3min cd instant and 1 15 sec. cd instant that requires a HoT on yourself (enter DKs/Mages/Priests/Shamans removing it). I.e. 1 instant heal every 3 minutes. Sure you'll get some swiftmends off, but the common problem occurs when you are stun-locked.

I'd prefer to keep getting silenced and dispelled (as I think those are "fair") over getting endlessly stunlocked by rogues/dks/ret pallies/warriors/hunters/mages - they all have at least 1, sometimes 2 stuns.

Imp. Barkskin = ONLY RESTO for the 2nd time (leaving the current position on the tree alone). I agree it would be OP for Oomkin/Feral druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollaback
    The defense aspect of it would make it too strong for bears. But the no-stun aspect would be fun, although I can guarantee it would be marked as OP. A healer you can't interrupt? Come on now...

Holy Pally?? Wut?

Yeah, I brain farted on the bears comment, lol.

Holy Pally?? Wut?
    We all know they're not OP in pvp....