PVE Raid Spec for Ret Pally (Patch 3.1)

How's this spec for PVE and Raids?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...1&version=9626

I'm open for comments and suggestions...

Thanks

Re: PVE Raid Spec for Ret Pally (Patch 3.1)

Your spec fails. The only viable PvE spec for paladin in patch 3.1 is Holy or Prot, not retlol.
    Stormreaver.EU

Those who doubt or understimate Ret pallys can get a face full of hammer and doomed to fail...
    Ret Pallys are great DPS and with good raid utilities.

Are you against ret coz:
    A) You've tried the PTR and they are nerfed?
    B) Your guild won't let you DPS
    C) You got owned in the face by alot of Ret LOL

@light, A

but ret pallies have like 11 extra points atm and i'm sure there will be some new talents added in

Your spec is the best one for raid dps atm, but as the bals said, they must add talents.

I would take Pursuit of Justice and rather just leave 1 point in Imp Devo Aura. It's almost guaranteed that you have a prot/holy pala with imp devo anyways, and PoJ is really useful.

Toughness and Improved Devo Aura for raid? Stoicism? Guardian's Favor? What the hell? A ret should give ret aura.. Pursuit of Justice is golden. The trees aren't finished, and even if they were, I say points in vindications are still a small help - even if a very little one, "offense" talents designed for PvP are better than "defense" PvP talents for PvE...

EDIT: Nevermind. I never, ever saw the change to Sanctified Retribution. And it makes me screams, as in -what the hell-, way to make Ret Aura useless again.

Quote Originally Posted by SFJake
    Toughness and Improved Devo Aura for raid? Stoicism? Guardian's Favor? What the hell? A ret should give ret aura.. Pursuit of Justice is golden. The trees aren't finished, and even if they were, I say points in vindications are still a small help - even if a very little one, "offense" talents designed for PvP are better than "defense" PvP talents for PvE...

EDIT: Nevermind. I never, ever saw the change to Sanctified Retribution. And it makes me screams, as in -what the hell-, way to make Ret Aura useless again.
    Let me have a hit of the crack you're smoking.
    Ret aura, the best aura in game, is still the, well best aura in game.
    More so now spec'd you also get anyone affected by it a healing %, you should pay some attention.

But I do agree pursuit of justice is golden like to pass and some prot pally will have imp devo in the raid anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevet
    Let me have a hit of the crack you're smoking.
    Ret aura, the best aura in game, is still the, well best aura in game.
    More so now spec'd you also get anyone affected by it a healing %, you should pay some attention.
    What are you talking about?

Where do Ret Aura get that? DEVOTION Aura can get a boost to healing done by anyone affected - not Ret aura.

Just point me where I'm wrong, I'm glad if I am - but as of now, Ret Aura's only usefulness is the 3% damage boost when speced, and its now on all auras.

EDIT: Oh god, Improved DEvotion Aura too.

Alright I'll shut up. Those sneaky changes have ruined my day, I think.

yah..im gunna say that your spec has a number of weaknesses. try

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...&version=9626#

on for size. for raid dps and utility its pretty nice. youll notice theres 2 points left over. and no where to really pu them. SoComm is a joke now, i wouldnt even recomend it for pvp anymore. vindication would be nice but again, only works on trash...maybe. tehres nothing in holy to warrant any investment, even if i DID want Unyielding Faith. so stick em where you want, untill more stuff comes out there isnt anything 'good' to stick em in. im kinda expecting another set of talents at tier 1 prot, but untill they come out im not going to worry about them.

According to the official patch notes there is another talent in T1:
    New Talent Divinity:Tier 1 protection talent, increases healing done by and to you by 1/2/3/4/5%
    Playing since Patch 1.11 (Draenor & Icecrown - PvE).

When I click on your links, everyone is set to 0 with 71 points left to spend

Why is this happening?

15+ Year Old Account

So i haven't been on the PTR.. how is ret doing? :-X

It is too early to make specs. Prot is mising its tier 1 talent, and ret might possibly be reciving another talent ( MAYBE). Either way it is too early to make builds, just do w/e you want until they add more stuff with your extra 11 points

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    So i haven't been on the PTR.. how is ret doing? :-X
    getting pwned by locks with destro spec(8k chaos bolt crits)