Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 3.1 and promised soulshard overhaul??

Yeah, im not exactly sure what people are complaining about.

- Some Lock abilities need shards.
    - this often required them to gather LOTS of shards before raids.
    - There was only 1 way to gather shards (kill something that gives exp / honor with drain soul)

They have now fixed THE TWO biggest consumers of shards, raid summoning and making Healthstones, so that you can summon an entire raid AND supply Healthstones for what, 2 shards?

No more needing 20 shards to help summon the raid and another 20 or so to supply healthstones each boss attempt like it was back in the Pre BC days.

Now, they have fixed the single remaining major problem, by allowing you a chance to generate a soulshard per tick of Drain Soul. So (assuming i remember locks right) drain soul is 5 ticks of damage? (1 tick per 3 seconds) so that is potentially 5 soulshards per cast.
    According to this post (shamelessly stolen from another soulshard thread)
    [blizzquote author=GhostCrawler] Drain Soul will produce enough shards that you should never be without them. Even if you are learning a boss through repeated wiping, you should be able to get the new shards you need each attempt.

In fact, it produces so many shards that we figured you'd end up having to delete them constantly, which would be annoying.
    The 32 limit will fill up your largest bag (which only holds shards anyway) without spilling over into the rest of your inventory. We figured very few locks carried around a lot more shards than that, and like I said, they are easy enough to replace now for those of you who do manage to go through them quickly. [/blizzquote]
    Drain soul has a very high proc rate atm on the ticks.

Other then allowing shards to stack (which i don't see them doing, since that would remove the entire point of Soulshard Bags), i cant really think of anything else they could do to change shard mechanics, other then to completely overhaul the entire system into something radically different.

Course, the proposed change to hunter ammo makes quivers / pouches redundant, so who knows, maybe they will remove the need for soulshard bags by making them appear as a buff with charges or something.

I for one look forward to the change on my warlock, I'll be able to stock up just by VWing a mob and drainsouling it for a minute, instead of having to kill dozens of things. Won't even have to kill the mob too if I didn't want to!
    To purr, or not to purr...

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Yeah, im not exactly sure what people are complaining about.

- Some Lock abilities need shards.
    - this often required them to gather LOTS of shards before raids.
    - There was only 1 way to gather shards (kill something that gives exp / honor with drain soul)

They have now fixed THE TWO biggest consumers of shards, raid summoning and making Healthstones, so that you can summon an entire raid AND supply Healthstones for what, 2 shards?
    Ok Affli locks can get some decent damage from drain soul below 25% but usually held up for 1 or 2 ticks. Now the others need shards for pets too and do you really think that locks will get the time to just sit there and drain soul on a boss to fill up on shards while staying above tanks in damage? How very usefull that would be.
    And someone said about trash, pff there is no bigger one these days. I usually try to stay away from these kinda threads but geez..

im happy i just want a bonus on shard bags . no point getting on otherwise. ive survived on my 24 slot for so long now and as we dont need as many... just give us a bonus on the bag godsdamnit!

`leave shards alone!!`
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

Quote Originally Posted by Kitharia
    I for one look forward to the change on my warlock, I'll be able to stock up just by VWing a mob and drainsouling it for a minute, instead of having to kill dozens of things. Won't even have to kill the mob too if I didn't want to!
    Intresting idea, you could downrank on drainsoul to lvl1, and literally fill up your bag in minutes on a single mob :P

Patience.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Guys... we are getting -->BUFFED<-- not NERFED. We have only seen the top of the iceberg yet ptr isent done yet. and wtf? stop whining! so what we have one bag slot less then other classes but atleast we wont need to spend our gold to buy soulshards and now its easy like hell to get 32 shards and we wont EVER run low on soulshards, unless we dont pay attention to your soulshards (but if you dont your like the worst warlock ever), and drain souls dps isent that bad if your affliction so what your dps is lowered abit for 15 sec or so but how many soulshards do you need each boss fight? 3? one for summon one for pet one for healthstones.
    just stop whining and wait.. please..