Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

What is a good mage name?

I'm thinking about making a human male mage. What is a good name for him? I was thinking something like Valaran.

Re: What is a good mage name?

Try Foodspec, mages are nice vending machines in raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this forum are getting worser and worser

I vote Xxxmaagexxx... Or Xxxwrlockxxx just to throw them off! /tinfoil_hat

Actually, I'd get a nice chuckle out of "Foodspec".
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

My mates is called "Icetomeetyou", surprise surprise ice spec, I got a good laugh over it (in reference to mr freeze from batman)

Mine is called Genis.

Deleted

Thenumberonewendingmachin ? =)

Waterboy imo

Well my UD Female Mage name is Frostytute..
    I like it, always get some funny comments about it..

Wonder why..?
    The moral of this story is that you should never leave your house or your computer for more than 5 minutes.
    Exceptions: Making a phone call to order pizza or having an extra long toilet visit.

While the name 'Dildo' is wordfiltered, I found that 'Doubledildo' was not.

I leveled a mage to 61 with such a name before it was reported.

At which point I found out Tripledildo was not blocked either.

I have an alt, BE Chick... Frostitute.

Pewtimestwo

/thread

Deleted

Refrigirator

mages in most stories (not just wow) tend to be older, regal, intelligent people (often to the point it drives them insane)

it's worth considering that if you want a name that really fits your char. mine is belmakor, which is thieved from a book: Balgarath the sorcerer (awesome books, beside the point) the bel meaning beloved and makor being his name.

maybe hijacking something from literature would help you out? i don't know, i like to rp, so a name means alot to me.
    try to come up with something that sounds arrogant and powerful, but then again, thats me looking at my rp.

to be honest, don't take any suggestion anyone here says, because it should matter to you what your name is, perhaps have some significance. Thats mostly why ^^these people troll (mostly) because you shouldn't be asking 12yr old losers to help you out.

in conclusion, pick something relevent to you maybe, and if that fails, then i'll give you two options: use the blizzard name generator till you find something you like, or take the first 3 letters of your momma's maiden name and the first 3 letters of the place you were born.

I thought of a good name and saved it when I thought of it

HeyBlinkin

Wylryn, Dalamar, Morlon, Raistlin, Ulir, Lhomen, Fistandantilus, Justarius, Meldor, Soth.

Most of these are from Dragonlance, but your choice (Valaran) is good too. Whatever you choose.

Sheepnbang

I tend to use different variations on a naming convention when creating characters based on what I feel the character should be like.

I have my Death Knight, who I always knew I was going to use to tank, who is named Resolute, and my priest, who considering the contradiction of an undead priest I named Denial. My mage, I named after reading Dante's Inferno, so I called him Abandon from the inscription above the door. I also have a lower level paladin that I was levelling, but who will be parked at level 41 until I hit 80 on the priest and mage. He is called Refutal, considering paladins connection to justice and the renouncement of dishonesty.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

^^nice, i like your process.

Named mine Infurno, never been fire spec, never will be. :-D
    It's clearly not Inferno the proper spelling but I like the random whisper from people, "heh a frost(/arcane) specced Mage named infurno, nice"

GANDALF!
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster
    I have an alt, BE Chick... Frostitute.
    Thx, I needed that