Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Where are all the Elemental Shamans?

Quote Originally Posted by Slipper
    This ^ is bollocks.

I am an elemental shaman.

/pose

Quick take a picture.

And as you asked - I know 3. 2 Rerolled, the other is usually resto.
    This is not bullocks.... Elemental shamans are taken for their buffs, because enhance simply does more dps. I agree every raid should've 1 enh + 1 ele shammy, but ppl just wanna do DEE-PEE-SS so they go enhance since it does better and forget about raid buffs... Stupid, but that's how it goes.

Oh and when your alliance shaman clas is simply rare as fuck.

most shamans go resto - easy gameplay + easy raid/party invite
    then shamans go enhance - again easy gameplay (melee is always easy)
    then elemental - some find it hard to grind/quest as elemental (the whole concept of standing still to cast is foreign), some neglect some important stats (+hit etc) and hate their dps or hate running out of mana.

It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    some find it hard to grind/quest as elemental (the whole concept of standing still to cast is foreign), some neglect some important stats (+hit etc) and hate their dps or hate running out of mana.

Personally iv never run out of mana when questing or soloing water shield pretty mutch gives me inf mana heh and water shield is avalible from lvl 20 now

and most mobs die before they reach me 9-10k lava bursts ftw

I think the number of elemental shamans is directly proportional to the number of dev posts made.

Developers don't think about shamans much these days, so nobody else does either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolar

Personally iv never run out of mana when questing or soloing water shield pretty mutch gives me inf mana heh and water shield is avalible from lvl 20 now

and most mobs die before they reach me 9-10k lava bursts ftw
    the thing is lava burst isn't available untill level 75 (main source of dps in quest/solo)..

but enhancement gets wolves, lavalash and all that fun stuff before that... so by the time they are 75, the might have sold their elemental quest rewards or have good enhance gear and dont want to switch.

and "most" shamans were resto before wotlk, and finding a group gets 100% easier once you have a healer, and they got fun stuff like ultra-dispell and riptide and ancestral w/e.. etcetcetc....

i see more and more shamans (including myself) dabbling into elemental now that we're well geared in our other spec and collecting offspec gear.....

It's just a game.

Does anyone have a similar problem related to this problem... do you find that a lot of the Ele Shams you see are complete jerks?

I'm an officer of the guild I'm in, have been Ele since TBC. Pretty high-end raiding guild. For some reason, every Ele Sham (besides me of course) seems to be a complete douche. It's not a matter of "where are all the ele shams?" To me it's more of a problem where all Ele Shams either a) suck or b) are douches.

Was just wondering if this was a thing only related to my realm or not...

My server, The Venture Co, also seems to have the lack of Ele shamans. We have a few lower geared ones but as far as i have been able to find im one of 2 elemental shamans on the server who actually raids high end content.

I play alliance and the only other shaman i have come across thats any good is horde, its a shame that many of us respecced when most players fell behind. Hopefully we may see more on my server soon since they fixed us. I jumped roughly 1.2k dps or so overnight, if that doesnt inspire people to spec back im not sure what will.

I do feel that enhancement will probably remain the most common spec though. Our top enhancement shaman is the only guildie who can consistently beat me on dps, not sure if its just my raiding experience or if enhancement is like that in general.

Vhan

Personaly im quite a nice guy

and the other Retired ele sham i know is also a nice guy ( he made a Dk)
    and he was the insparation for me to stop playing healer priest(burnout) and make a shaman (2 yrs ago) funnyily enough i taught him a few things about shams like grounding eats Hf ramps 2nd boss curse/you can purge hunters rapid fire.ect

But the other ele sham in guild is a asshole in my opinion who is the same as our boomkin as soon as he got his 25m head he just became a arrogant asshole who only does what he wants to do

Caillin you should come to my server we have quite a few heh even a Multiboxer i had in a pug Voa once as we couldent find 5 dps spots

It's obvious from the elementals that have posted is that elemental is a good spec atm, dps is fine.

However, it doesn't change the FACT that Blizz fucked them over when LK came out and they were way behind the curve for damage. Add that, it wasn't even a secret, we begged and pleaded with Blizz and told them it was low and going to be low. But they didn't.

Thus many elemental shaman either rerolled, respecced, or quit when LK came out. I think Blizz really thought that people were just blowing smoke and just threatening to not play a toon they played for 2 years in BC.

It's simple to me that because of the vast majority of elementals disappeared, made Blizz see the errors of their ways a lot faster and as thus the buffs came about 3 months after LK came out.

There's probably no way to do it, but I wonder if there is a way to show the percentage of raiding elementals in BC, then to compare it to pre-buff-patch in LK and see how it actually broke down.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    However, it doesn't change the FACT that Blizz fucked them over when LK came out and they were way behind the curve for damage. Add that, it wasn't even a secret, we begged and pleaded with Blizz and told them it was low and going to be low. But they didn't.

Thus many elemental shaman either rerolled, respecced, or quit when LK came out. I think Blizz really thought that people were just blowing smoke and just threatening to not play a toon they played for 2 years in BC.
    couldnt have put it better myself^^

tho i rerolled to ele shammy against the trend and it was the best thing ive done....tho most shamans you see ingame are enhancement "lolol i liek my WF and want cool looking weapons" or resto forced to by guilds or if they want to raid/ do heroics
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Could not avoid replying to this thread. (even made an account)

The fact that elemental shamans just dont cut it these days are complete rubbish.
    First off, i want to say that ive been an elemental shaman since lvl 10 and been ever since.
    When lich king released we were way behind yes, witch i belive many rerolled to another spec, class even.
    But after 3.0.8 we do no have any reasons to complain at all!

Elemental shamans are fine these days. Actually they are more than fine. Beeing a hybrid/support class i dont exepct the class to be the top dps. but we are. Putting off over 5kdps on patch is more that we can ask for.
    (yes this is fully geared from naxx/sarth etc, but witch many are)

Yet,.. I have seen some ele shamans doing some "looking for guild/group etc" in general chat where they actually post their mp5 aswell for the other stats. Sometimes when I do inspect some ele i see way to much mp5 on their gear, even some spirit if im lucky.
    That is just lack of basic knowledge of their class. but seeing most raiding ele shaman know what they are doing i have to say.
    We are fine, if not more than fine.

Not to brag, but more to prove that we are doing fine:

Armory: (may have some pvp gear on)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...+Batol&n=Akori
    If I do. trade the gauntlets with bonefractors, chest with t7,5 belt with Girdle of Recuperation and trinkets with Illustration/embrace. (mark of the war prisoner if we lack a 3% hit debuff)

WWS:
    http://wowwebstats.com/b35ya6rljexq3?s=538980-576422

In conclusion.
    If there are few elemental shamans on you're server. well that is just random i guess.
    Do most of them suck. Shame on them
    If not,.. look closer

Akori, i dont believe anyone was complaining about where elemental shamans are currently but more of noticing how there is a lack of us out there even after the patch.

Elementals currently are incredible, we can top dps if a healer dies we can substitute heal for the duration of the fight. Were pretty awsome and versatile. Its probably just a lack of time since patch for people to really consider respeccing back to elemental or people have become attached the their new specs.

I wonder if we shall continue to be the minority or if we will make a come back. Personally i dont mind being the only ele shaman in my guild, i have no competition for gear, but being the only one on my server in high end raiding (3d sarth, etc) I dont really have anyone at all to compare myself to.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    It's obvious from the elementals that have posted is that elemental is a good spec atm, dps is fine.

It's simple to me that because of the vast majority of elementals disappeared, made Blizz see the errors of their ways a lot faster and as thus the buffs came about 3 months after LK came out.

There's probably no way to do it, but I wonder if there is a way to show the percentage of raiding elementals in BC, then to compare it to pre-buff-patch in LK and see how it actually broke down.
    While I don't like to quote negative threads, but this one has a point. Even ME, the dedicated ele shammy to the end, had attempted to respec. Before 3.0.8, I was kinda dissapointed with the state of ele shamans PvE wise and completely respec to enchance. It was nice, but funny thing is, I didn't stay for long. It helped me remember how much I completely HATED spec'ing into enhance and decided to go back to elemental. At that point I didn't care about how low our dps was. I'm a die-hard ele shaman and I don't give a damn how nerfed we are. This spec is too much fun and I just can't see myself playing enhance again. Ever.

On Duskwood, we have some pretty cool elem shams. I'd say that the vast majority of our shams are either enhance or resto, however. Elem has been very under-represented. I think more people are playing elem recently, however.

Just look at all the dev posts recently, the least talked about class is Elemental Shaman.

The devs give us 1 or 2 lines max, where other classes/specs get plenty of changes.

I can handle nerfs, changes and buffs - I cannot handle no mention at all.

I honestly think devs put more time into pets than us!

Elemental is great for lower guilds. I'm just saying when the top 7 DPSers are hitting over 6k on patchwerk, its hard to think elemental is fine. Doing 5mans and VOA pugs, I'm always tops, but there I'm not competing with others in i213 gear.

Deleted

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...sturm&n=Dadimi
    5274 on Patch
    9,2k on Thaddius
    http://wowwebstats.com/mhdewpo6i36ie
    Just wanted to add this, because of the guy who said elemental dps would be bad...

Including me, I know 5 elemental shamans on my server and helped 2 of them because they didn't really know how to play the specc.... (I see a lot of such guys on mmo-c too^^")
    Since I'm taking care of the "raid tracker" on my server, I happen to have a gnome alt... and thanks to that I see quite a lot of elementals with tentacles, too.
    Don't know how it's on other servers, but we have enough elementals... although we have more restos and enhancer >_>
    Btw, I play on Nethersturm-EU

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for all the responses guys. I guess what it comes down to is my realm just goes with what's easy and not what would actually help a raid out. Not only are elementals now considered top shelf dps, but they buff the raid significantly. I am still searching every day but it looks like i'm going to have to go off server to find one willing to raid with us. If anyones interested you can check out our recruitment thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...5547#msg655547. Thanks again!

Deleted

theres 2 active shamans in my guild.
    1 elementall
    1 enhancement.

the elemental is our #1 singletarget dps'er(he's also one of the best geared we got)