Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Glory of the Raider, Ulduar Testing

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    The only "weird" part will be,, what can we buy with valor tokens in 3.1?
    I get the impression we'd be able to buy T7.5 and T8 with valor tokens.
    that was exactly what i meant

if you can get both sets for tokens from 10man it is weird/interesting methinks

CE dbags.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    It'd be logical if T8 is an upgrade over T7.5, but if the ilvl is the same, then the only way this can be done is trough a better set bonus, or better itemization (less stamina, more stats, better stat spreading = more dps).
    Somewhere recently, I believe it was either GC or maybe Bornakk mentioned that they will intentionally itemize gear such that they can improve the gear through both stats and itemization as content progresses; however, the way they have raiding set up, if you are in full t7 25 man, there is no NEED to run t8 10 man content. If I had to guess, the t8 10 man stuff will probably be itemized slightly better and have better set bonuses, but if progression is your goal, there isn't any reason to hop into 10 man unless you have completed the 25 man for the week.

So 25 man raiding guilds won't find a whole lot of real upgrades from 10 man Ulduar, but it isn't intended to be that way necessarily. They will still run it for the minor upgrades/sidegrades and filling out tier set bonuses faster if I had to guess, but they won't necessarily be looking to upgrade t7 25 man stuff to t8 10 man stuff just so they can break into the 25 man Ulduar content.

I kind of hope Ulduaman 10 gives something better then Valor tokens, even if it is still just ilevel 213 stuff like Heroic Naxx etc. Otherwise all the badges I get from heroic Naxx and Ulduar 10 (which are already wasted since there is nothing decent to spend them on once you have the tier items) will be used for starting my PvP set.

Also people do not forget that just because 2 items are ilevel 213, does not mean they are equal. Ulduar gear might not put so many points into tertiary stats and could be focused on the stats the really matter. In this regard, Tier 8 could defininetely be better then Tier 7.5. (Not to mention the set bonus')

Ofcourse people will do Ulduar 10, just for fun and the lore if nothing else. This point has been overlooked a bit. ^ ^

P.S Ghostwalker should apply to teach at a primary school, seems like he has all the experience he needs just by posting on the U.S WoW forums in regards to having to explain things so simplisitcally. Especially regarding the Warlock posts, if he spoke to me individually like that I would consider it patronizing. Oh well, what can you do..

Blacksmith Recipes Updates

I created a topic in EU Forum http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....46564645&sid=1
    about the changes to BS recipes from 1-300, since i haven't seen any info (haven't searched it) in mmo-champion, here it goes.

Thanks to Nikkeli (realmaggerspine) for compiling a few changes he found.
    http://f.imagehost.org/view/0329/blacksmithingchanges

There might be much more changes, but i like most of them till now.

that is some pretty good information ;-)

which ui/raidframes/grid does he use? :-X

Quote Originally Posted by fr0hzn
    and to clarify:

T7 = Ilvl 200
    T7,5 = Ilvl213
    T8 = Ilvl213
    T8,5 = Ilvl226
    That would make no sense because we already aquire Ilvl226 gear from Kel'Thuzad, Sarth 2D, and Malygos. And where T7.5 gear is actually nearly par to Ilvl226 gear. Teir 8 would be more ideal to be equal to Ilvl226 and Teir 8.5 being Ilvl239 where the set bonuses make the gear nearly par to Ilvl252 (which is the Item Level I expect gear to drop from Heroic Hodir and the Iron Counsil).

Quote Originally Posted by Pilto
    That would make no sense because we already aquire Ilvl226 gear from Kel'Thuzad, Sarth 2D, and Malygos. And where T7.5 gear is actually nearly par to Ilvl226 gear. Teir 8 would be more ideal to be equal to Ilvl226 and Teir 8.5 being Ilvl239 where the set bonuses make the gear nearly par to Ilvl252 (which is the Item Level I expect gear to drop from Heroic Hodir and the Iron Counsil).
    Noone knows yet what the ilvl will be, but the issue that you might run into with scaling 10 man gear all the way to 226 is the content is scaled so you go 10 man naxx -> 10 man ulduar and 25 man naxx -> 25 man ulduar. So you will have to scale the first boss battles towards people in ilvl 200 epics but if the end bosses are scaled to a similar difficulty then the entire instance becomes completely trivial after 2-3 weeks because most people completely skipped a tier in gear progression.

Now...that isn't to say that they won't scale the starter fights assuming 200 gear and then you will hit a wall you have to struggle against until you have farmed some gear so the end bosses are geared more towards partial 200 partial 226, but I don't see that happening with their new raid design philosophy. Ultimately noone knows, but soon enough the ilvl gear controversy can be laid to rest.

edit: Also, last bosses have dropped gear of the following tier since Molten Core, so that is not really a point to support the argument that the next tier will start at 226 for 10 man. The question is more, will t8 10 man be better than t7 25 man as far as ilvl is concerned. My personal guess is no...but we should know within the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield
    I kind of hope Ulduaman 10 gives something better then Valor tokens
    Oh noes hold on guys, we are going Uldaman 10/25 !!

When 3.1 goes live, the rewards for “Glory of the Raider” and “Heroic: Glory of the Raider” are being removed. These achievements will still be active, however, players will no longer receive the Plagued Proto-Drake or Black Proto-Drake for completing them. Similar to our decision to remove the Amani War Bear from Zul’Aman, the goal is to ensure that such mounts retain a degree of rarity in the game; and with raids progressing into Ulduar in patch 3.1, we feel obtaining the rewards for “Glory of the Raider” and “Heroic: Glory of the Raider” would be somewhat trivialized. For this reason we will be offering new fast mounts (310 speed) as rewards for completing select achievements associated with 10 and 25-player Ulduar.
    hmm well amani war bear was in the game for like 8-10 months? and they were sold to the highest bidder u cant really say they were rare......

Everybody has a Warbear. They mean nothing anymore. They were cool when only a few people had them on your server, but literally anybody that was in a competent guild in BC has one now.

The drakes are cool now because they are fairly rare. Let them be rare!

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Everybody has a Warbear. They mean nothing anymore. They were cool when only a few people had them on your server, but literally anybody that was in a competent guild in BC has one now.

The drakes are cool now because they are fairly rare. Let them be rare!
    ye but i mean how can they compare them to the bears ^^

I personally am 1 death due to kel shy of "The Immortal" which is my last achievement required for the black proto. I am also 2 achievements shy of my Plagued proto (3-D and 6 min maly... hopefully this week). Either way, even if I were to somehow fail getting these drakes I'm GLAD they're being removed from the achievement as of 3.1. The black proto, though cool to have it first, would lose it's meaning when EVERYBODY on the server had one. It's bad enough that I have to see people in blues with the turning tide (that bastard just won't drop for me ><) I would HATE to have the black proto and then 3 months after ulduar release see everybody and their grandma have it aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Raylea
    ye but i mean how can they compare them to the bears ^^
    Exactly my point, one is a flying mount 310% speed and the other is just another ground mount that no one really cares about anymore.