Deleted

Discipline's worth in ulduar

After Flash Freeze, Hodir will gain "Frozen Blows" and deal 70% reduced physical damage but each attack deals 40,000 additional frost damage.
    Seems like we'll have to maximize ourselves here, having a shield ready + a 10k divine aegis everytime he hits.

I'm curious what the other bosses will do to test us.

Re: Discipline's worth in ulduar

It's not that hard considering our current Sarth 3D Tanks already hit 50k life...if you let a Frost DK tank this I believe this will be a really easy if he's using his cooldowns properly.

If you were able to heal a Tank through Sarth 3D, this will be pretty easy for you too...

Bear Druids will dominant as the main tank for any FrR fight if they are allowed to gear the way they do now, since most of them wear the FrR gear anyway for the highest HP possible, and obviously a lot of FrR.

"Time is immeasurable, we can only see the perceptible effects of it. Maybe now you'll understand why I have no time."

Quote Originally Posted by savanex
    Bear Druids will dominant as the main tank for any FrR fight if they are allowed to gear the way they do now, since most of them wear the FrR gear anyway for the highest HP possible, and obviously a lot of FrR.
    Yeah, I predict that too...

Quote Originally Posted by savanex
    yeah our bear tank already has a FrR set he uses for 3D, he gets a ridiculous health pool with it.

that's only 33,600 damage to a Protection warrior...

awesome...

my class is so great at progression encounters lawlalwawllawwlalwlawlwalwa not

I think you guys are forgetting that gothic would be a pretty tough fight to solo heal seeing as your trapped on 2 different sides, unless u let the dead side build up and took them all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearlin
    I think you guys are forgetting that gothic would be a pretty tough fight to solo heal seeing as your trapped on 2 different sides, unless u let the dead side build up and took them all at once.
    Huh? Think you are in the wrong thread

"Time is immeasurable, we can only see the perceptible effects of it. Maybe now you'll understand why I have no time."

All classes could easily tank that encounter. Obviously you can mix/max with a deekays magic reduction abilities, but overall letting a warrior, bear or paladin do the job wouldn't be much different.

However, having a Discipline priest in the raid would be beneficial, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by iebe

Seems like we'll have to maximize ourselves here, having a shield ready + a 10k divine aegis everytime he hits.

I'm curious what the other bosses will do to test us.
    if i understood the tactics correct, u use a second tank with frost resistance gear to counter this

mt tanks the boss until everyone has to run, and after that, resitank catches aggro, gets the frostdamage and mt tanks on

Quote Originally Posted by Healium
    yeah our bear tank already has a FrR set he uses for 3D, he gets a ridiculous health pool with it.
    Bears are getting their health nerfed to match warriors, dks and pallies. Sux but its true.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/26/1544...fed-to-10.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    All classes could easily tank that encounter. Obviously you can mix/max with a deekays magic reduction abilities, but overall letting a warrior, bear or paladin do the job wouldn't be much different.

However, having a Discipline priest in the raid would be beneficial, I agree.
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by Pyxi
    Bears are getting their health nerfed to match warriors, dks and pallies. Sux but its true.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/26/1544...fed-to-10.html
    Not exactly... The benefit is going from 20% boost to 10% boost, which combined with other talents will still leave similarly geared bear tanks with a noticeabley (but not obscenely) larger health pool than their counterparts.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Arbito
    qft
    he made a valid point... did u even read?

i totally agree with the amount of dmg that a MT is gonna be soaking having a disc priest who can shield for roughly 10-15k is very valuable (10-15k comes from PW:S and full stack of Divine Aegis)

qft = [q]uoted [f]or [t]ruth

on topic: Seems like a disc priest could be pretty awesome in a fight like this and with the 3% damage reduction to the raid after casting pw:s, i don't see any reason why not to bring a disc to the ulduar raid in general.