Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Could I Solo Heal Naxx 10?

unless you are CoH specced holy it's impossible, if you are your in for one hell of a ride and if KT frost tombs you you either A) Wipe, or B) have a pally or shaman or druid be designated to heal you,

but in all honesty solo healing naxx is for all intensive purposes impossible
    Druids: 50g away from being better at your job than you are.

We cleared Naxx with a single resto druid who is far from geared the way you are because our other healer continued to DC because his router was fucked up. No one else was on so we just stuck with it. Shadowpriest healed the back on 4H and I, as a prot pally tanked Baron blowing CDs to stay alive with a few clutch heals from the resto druid. Made the warrior tank Sapphiron with me offhealing to help the druid and then I tanked KT with all the adds. Shadowpriest + ret pally helped on healing when our druid got blocked. So yes. As long as you have ANYONE to help on certain fights and a smart or geared raid, you're fine.

How would you heal Gothik? Leave one room to get filled? For 4hm you'd need one hybrid (moonkin, sp) to tank one of the horsemen. Sapphiron should be easy for priest, pom, coh, poh if needed. On KT you'll need some luck but it's doable.

Seriously, do people have no imagination?

4horseman isn't hard. Lightwell at the back sorts that out. Zerg down Thane with you healing that group (AoE is a bitch) primarily. The Rivendare tank just needs to survive with a Renew and blowing CD's until you arrive. You can always shift over and pop a shield/GS on him if Thane isn't down quick enough.

Kel isn't too difficult either. When you know a frost tomb is coming, pop a shield/prom on yourself. If you get hit, congrats, you survived. If you didn't, oh well, it's hardly a mana hit. Keep LW up by the tank too which will save you ample mana over the whole fight and also help on healing if you're tombed.

Gothik is the same, use LW to your advantage. I'd suggest your best tank, best two dps and a LW on live side with yourself on deadside along with the rest.

Saph shouldn't be too hard for a priest. If it's too healing intensive, there's nothing wrong with people using frost res gear, it'll pay off massively - remember you're bringing an additional dps instead of a healer as it is, fight won't last long regardless.

Thaddius, again, LW on the right side and yourself on the left where the Aoe is (if my memory is correct). Before the tanks get switched, toss a shield/prom on them so that the shield expires when he lands on the other platform and prom will bounce on the other group.

Mana would be your biggest problem tbh, nothing else.

Well, you can easily soloheal that, but you will need the boomkin to heal on certain fights.. I, as a paladin solohealed this thursday with this setup:

Prot pally
    Prot warrior
    ench shaman (just dinged 80)
    ret paladin (just dinged 80)
    dps DK
    ele shaman
    Boomkin
    surv hunter
    fury warrior
    me (holy pala)

It was really easy, and i had no problems at all healing naxx 10 alone. I had the boomkin helping me on the fights where it is impossible to be single healer

Thaddius: Had him healing one of the adds before thaddius himself, otherwise he was DPSing on thaddius himself
    Gothik: Had him on living side, where he was left at full mana just as i was at the end of fight
    4H: Had him healing the 2 tanks, i was on ranged
    KT: Had him DPSing until i was iceblocked and he healed me

People saying sapphiron is going to be hard, is lying... I was left with 10k mana and divine plea up, it was freaking easy and i had NO problem what so ever healing people.
    So it's not hard, and you should very much be able to do it, patchwerk was no problem either tbh
    Youtube channel: Youtube channel
    Warcraftmovies.com channel: Warcraftmovies channel

Quote Originally Posted by Naminater
    Well, you can easily soloheal that, but you will need the boomkin to heal on certain fights.. I, as a paladin solohealed this thursday with this setup

[...cut...]

It was really easy, and i had no problems at all healing naxx 10 alone. I had the boomkin helping me on the fights where it is impossible to be single healer
    So I'm confused, did you or didn't you solo heal naxx10? If someone offhealed on FOUR fights, that's hardly solo now, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    Well yes, he COULD go resto but he has awesome dps and his raid buffs are really nice. It would suck to have to make him respec but obviously if solo healing doesn't work and we can't find another healer that is what he will have to do.
    He doesn't have to respec.

A Boomkin can make a major difference considering he is wellgeared.

On one of my previous guild's Patch25 attempts, I kept getting 2 shotted by hatefuls because healing wasn't coming through fast enough.(We were doing a run with 1 less healer, and 1 additional dps) They added a Boomkin to healing.. And bam, one shotted him after a streak of wipes.

Considering you guys would outgear Naxx10, the Boomkin doesn't need to respec, his gear will keep his mana and healing up.

Karazhan was solohealable with a full t5/t6 raid group before raid NERF. But due to the Nature of Naxxramas and the fact that youre not weaing tier 9 I have a baad feeling that not going to happen. Since used to be desinged for 40 folk theres just way too many moving, group splitting and such. You wouldnt be able to soloheal KT, Sapphiron, Thaddius, 4 Horsemen and maybe Anub Rekhan.
    Quote from: Moweropois on July 24, 2009, 12:21:29 am
    A better question is how are you going to shoot up the mall with a Gun license?

Were you the guy running around my block holding a piece of paper earlier and yelling "bang"?

Quote Originally Posted by NoHealsForYou
    So I'm confused, did you or didn't you solo heal naxx10? If someone offhealed on FOUR fights, that's hardly solo now, is it?
    Agreed. Its not a soloheal when ANYONE is helping. Thats why its thus far impossible to be the only one casting healing spells inside naxxramas. "4 fights I had help" Not a soloheal, not at all.
    Quote from: Moweropois on July 24, 2009, 12:21:29 am
    A better question is how are you going to shoot up the mall with a Gun license?

Were you the guy running around my block holding a piece of paper earlier and yelling "bang"?

I was thinking about it as loladin.

In that setup would have to be ret, because:

Thadius phaze 1 so he can instaflash tank sometimes.
    Harvestr so he can heal on living side ( i was thinking that it wouldnt be nessesary, with beacon lol. But cast beacon on every damned oeple would led to manadrain)
    4H so he would swithch do dualspec on holy and just healed.
    KT he would instaflash me in tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerak
    Agreed. Its not a soloheal when ANYONE is helping. Thats why its thus far impossible to be the only one casting healing spells inside naxxramas. "4 fights I had help" Not a soloheal, not at all.
    Well its not possible to solo it due to mechanics of fights. I mean harvester. On thadius and 4H its technically possible to totally solo heal it but it would require imbah skill and gear. And some fastrun potions.

Anyone questioning the "solo" heal with an off healer is a moron. Pure and simple. Let's not be rediculous and fall to technicalities, but instead realize that solo heal refers to bringing one healing specced toon. An off healer is generally a dps and for all intents and purposes is not a healer. Get over yourselves. It was solohealed.

15+ Year Old Account

No its not - healing is healing nomatter if your not specced for it.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by NoHealsForYou
    You wanna rewrite that? do you think you can soloheal something where you have to be 2 or more places at once? so shush and look at what i am writing, i solohealed everything EXCEPT the bosses where it is impossible for a person to soloheal, red. gothik, 4H
    Youtube channel: Youtube channel
    Warcraftmovies.com channel: Warcraftmovies channel

Quote Originally Posted by Naminater
    You wanna rewrite that? do you think you can soloheal something where you have to be 2 or more places at once? so shush and look at what i am writing, i solohealed everything EXCEPT the bosses where it is impossible for a person to soloheal, red. gothik, 4H
    You wanna read what I said? I read exactly what you said, apparantly you cannot do the same. Let me write it in big, bold capitals for you - LIGHTWELL!!!! (Exclaimation marks also provided for your benefit)

Lightwell, when used correctly, is virtually a second healer. Now, please, before you make an even bigger idiot of yourself, go re-read what I said and then come back with an arguement. I'm happy to discuss technicalities of the healing methods providing you can say something other than, "omfg, its impossible, l2read nub, i cant be in 2places at once!!one11". Discussions are fun, bring something other than your stupidity to discuss please.

Quote Originally Posted by Durth
    Anyone questioning the "solo" heal with an off healer is a moron. Pure and simple. Let's not be rediculous and fall to technicalities, but instead realize that solo heal refers to bringing one healing specced toon. An off healer is generally a dps and for all intents and purposes is not a healer. Get over yourselves. It was solohealed.
    By deffinition, you're a moron for not knowing what the word solo means. Solo suggests the task was successfully performed by yourself, without the aid of anyone else. Offhealers are classed as assistance, therefore forfeiting the solo basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    We've always done 4 horse with 2 healers - I would heal the back while the resto druid ran back and forth in the middle and healed the 2 tanks. Dps would kill Thane within 2 marks then move over to Rivendare. The Rivendare tank hardly takes any damage so it's not too hard to heal him and our balance druid could handle it. Once those 2 were down the boomkin could go back to dpsing.
    Yeah - shouldn't have a problem with 4H with two healers. Hell, our guild just did the "And They Would All Go Down Together" achievement on 10man with only two healers. One of the really, really useful situations with Lightwell =)

Have a healer on the platform healing the people in the back, drop a Lightwell on Rivendare's side and just heal Thane's side. When the switch occurs, drop a Prayer of Mending on the side that will now have Thane (and they still have the Lightwell, too). Shadow Priest paired up with the side that doesn't have a healer and ensure he or she is in that particular group for Vampiric Embrace healing, and should be good!

I won't lie, it got a little hairy toward the end - only had one death, but much longer and it would have gotten quite ugly =)

Quote Originally Posted by Zerak
    right so keep sharpening the knives - plenty more hairs left to split. And always a back to stab if no hairs need spliiting right?

The point of the OP is being the only dedicated geared and specced healer in the raid. Is it do-able - of course. Do you need help - or course. While I haven't tried myself the guys I play with are trying to do acheivements - and practising dropping to one healer. Pretty sure next week they will knock off dedicated few or whatever it is called.

As an FYI an Ele sham is better than a boomkin for your off spec healer just because of form changing. But still - a month or so back I had an s/priest who had to heal a few fights due to some AFK's - and I found that was my most overhealing...

I haven't yet been able to convince my guild to let me take my boomkin as the 2nd healer for 10 mans but as the gear gets better we will see.