Thread: WF

WF

Are they going to pimp WF back to how it was in 3.0.1 or are they still going to make it more and more useless?

Re: WF

my guess is they're going to try and make it more and more useless, since they're adding in a talent to increase frostband weapon damage by 20% if it's on your MAIN HAND weapon. i personally don't like where they're pushing enhance shamans, give me back the old days of huge windfury crits on a 2-handed weapon

Maybe blizz should make WF an instant attack. Same 2 extra attacks but a use instead.

divided

Flametongue is not "dominating" over WF. It is a minor upgrade when you have almost full best in slot or full best in slot. And it is being fixed in 3.1.

Wasn't it just a week or two ago that we saw a blue post saying that Blizz intends to make enhance more viable in pvp, or give us more tools for pvp?

The frostbrand/frostshock talent is a pvp talent; pure and simple. Windfury is too random to be desirable in pvp, especially if resilience gets back to what it used to be.

Blizz has even stated that they don't want enhance using caster gear, and they also stated that the devs have always envisioned windfury as our choice imbue. You can bet they'll continually make changes to reinforce windfury, at least on the main hand.

The new talent can be when you have wf on main hand the wf power attack is increased by 25%

i remember reading a blue post recently, where they said they wanted us to use slow/slow.... i'll search it. think it was on the bluepost tracker on mmo champ. i also think it stated, that they wanted us to use wf/ft....

they alos said, that they'd change things so that we use the things we are supposed to use. that confirms my decision not to spend my precious dkp on caster or fast weapons *happy*

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

with the current nerf for FT i dont see any reason people using it over WF in OH too, im on my testings and id say wf/wf for the win

hmmm that's interesting, thanks for the info! i'm curious if they keep it like that until llive

probably boost the spell power bonus of ft weapon? so it is superior because of buffing elemental dmg a bit, rather than outdamaging wf procc itself? would be quite nice i think, because it would also buff our defensive instant heals a bit, which is a cool thing and makes me feel really hybrid (although it is most useful in 5man's or probably pvp.)

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

FT doesnt look to be scaling, tried with 500+ spellpower MH and still hits the stupid 170-180ish pfft

Quote Originally Posted by tears
    FT doesnt look to be scaling, tried with 500+ spellpower MH and still hits the stupid 170-180ish pfft

Your complaining about this? Enhancement is a Melee DPS, it's not supposed to be a Casting specc based on spellpower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming_rain

Your complaining about this? Enhancement is a Melee DPS, it's not supposed to be a Casting specc based on spellpower.
    actualy, its a hybrid spec that does melee and spell damage in close quarters. if FT isn't scaling with SP at all, its a bad bad thing for us as a class, cuz wf/wf simply won't perform anywhere near wf/ft without some pretty big changes.

however, if they get FT to scale the way they have stated they want it to, favoring slow offhand weapons, then it should be easier for us to walk that line of 50%/50% melee/spell damage.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming_rain

Your complaining about this?
    yeah, FT damage in my raiding is roughly up to 15-16% of my damage, dunno why i shouldnt complain if they nerf something thats giving us good dps boost. besides the biggest part why im complaining is that its not even mediocre way working as they let us know so its either a) bugged badly or b) nerfed to the bottom - complaining in both cases is ok

tears im sorry man but everytime i see your name the song, "theres a tear in my beer and im cryin for u dear" pops into my head and I want to claw out my own eye balls.

Windfury hasnt hit rock bottom yet but it certainally isnt where it should be atm.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

:>