Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: I now present... T8 skirt (in-game).

This is unrelated to what has been previously discussed but I was just wondering how on the PTR would I be able to make my character look like he is wearing tier 8? I've tried using MyWarcraftStudio but it keeps on crashing on me while i'm trying to edit things, so I was wondering is there any other way?

quick question. how did you do that? with modelviewer? how? could you post the item list please?
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Quote Originally Posted by Kenark
    oh plz dear wow-god, THIS. and some bad-ass-2h-hammer made of a pale-metall-colored material with the same symbols (blue) on the sides =)
    I've said before that giving a paladin wings with this set would look retarded, but somehow that hood really pulls things together. We all know Pallys want to look like Tyreal from Diablo to some degree. Rock that arch angle style. I think if Blizz was to give this a wing graphic that would be a long the lines of Tyreal styled wings, that would look pretty awesome.

@Ascal: Used MWS to switch the texture files with previous tier rank items, thus I have no item list to post for you.

Quote Originally Posted by stormshadow243
    I've said before that giving a paladin wings with this set would look retarded, but somehow that hood really pulls things together. We all know Pallys want to look like Tyreal from Diablo to some degree. Rock that arch angle style. I think if Blizz was to give this a wing graphic that would be a long the lines of Tyreal styled wings, that would look pretty awesome.
    No if all of armor sets look like tyreal then everyone would be a paladin, but T9 needs to be an exact copy of the new D3 tyreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkskin
    @Ascal: Used MWS to switch the texture files with previous tier rank items, thus I have no item list to post for you.
    Is there any way to keep the MWS from crashing because at the moment whenever I'm about to change the texture files it gets messed up and closes. As well What MPQ should I open to do the replacing

Edit: Also I was wondering in general with the PTR how I would be able to do it because I had used MWS in Pre-BC and right now it's not working in any way. I have been saving the items to data and then renaming them what I want them to replace is there anything else I should do because currently it's not working at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephkka
    I agree with the T2 Skirt looking alot more heavy than this one..

and it wasn't just the scottish who wore "kilts"... most plate legs in any age were plated-chain mail skirts.. something Warhammmer has captured (I.E. Black Guards)

..speaking of which... if Blizz wanted to redeem themselves from Paladin Tier sets... they should model the next one after this:

take away the gun, add some more crosses to the legplates etc.. hehe.. yeah never going to happen
    Interrogator Chaplain FTW!!!

Not sure GW would like that though, they are pretty savage when it comes to copy right :P

Quote Originally Posted by Capoldriahn
    Looks decent for a change. Personally I like the two color versions in the middle of the T8 overview picture here on MMo Champion. That's this one and a dark themed one.

If they removed the thing on the forehead it would look wicked. Hiding the lower part of the face behind some sort of armor. Thank god for the possibility to turn off show helm. :P

Let's sum up the paladin tiers shall we.
    Tier 1: Horrible. Bananas on the shoulders and awful colors.
    Tier 2: Dead on. Great looks and nice colors.
    Tier 2.5: Good looks. Colors is ok too. You can see it borrowed parts of the Tier 2 colortheme.
    Tier 3: Hmm.. It's not the worse. Shoulders could easily been much better. Colors were ok.
    Tier 4: A better one for once. PvE colors was a little too pale. PvP was much better.
    Tier 5: Just awful, mostly due to the really out of place shoulders. Colors were horrible.
    Tier 6: Looks are ok. Again, the shoulders are the weak point. Colors are again too pale.
    Tier 7: Tier 3 reuse, with a colorcombination that just doesn't give it the lift to be better then the original.
    Tier 7.5: Tier 3 reuse, with horrible colors. Just plain wrong.
    Tier 8: Has the Tier 2 designer gotten his job back? Looks great and 3 of the 4 color variations are really good.

So, to put them all in order from best to worst; T2, T8, T2.5, T6, T4, T3, T7, T7.5, T5 and in last place T1.
    You're kidding right? If you hide the helm t6 is an AMAZING set and the shoulders are very well detailed and the best looking of all paladin shoulders.

IMO t6 = t2 > t8 > t4 > all the other ugly shit they've given us.

lol if this goes live :P
    I see my protect pally holding his skirt up while trying to kill his moving enemy.

Lol and with dual spec coming (me going retri PvP), nobody dares to say they lost to melee in a skirt.

Loser: I just got killed in 4 seconds :S
    Guildy: By who mate?
    Loser: ehhhhmmm, a Retri pally with PvE gear on.
    Guildy: lol lost to melee class wearing a Skirt!!!!!
    Loser: No!!, wait it was a DK....
    Guildy: Ahhh they are So OP.
    Loser: Tell me about it, lets go Spam MMO-champion!!!
    Guildy: Thought You'd Never Ask!!!!
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

If you got real problems wearing the skirt then reroll warrior and save yourself the pain...

Quote Originally Posted by Hardtopally
    If you got real problems wearing the skirt then reroll warrior and save yourself the pain...
    Lol found this on a other topic but this He tell my feeling really well
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqO7zEWu0W0
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Real men wear a dress.

As a side note, the wooden plate on the forehead actually looks kind of good on Draenei males.

I for one, will be hiding my helm, though, just like I have for 95% of the game. The option is there for a reason.

Personaly, i would like to see the picture of the blood elf male without the helm, just to get a better idea of what my pally would look like in this armor (as i never show my helm). though if this set had a better helm it would be nice.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Draenus
    well , that head with the skirt combined... honestly i think the 1st conversation a casual player will have will be the following :

" WoW mate that priest has great looks!"
    " what priest ?"
    "that guy over there"
    "he is a paladin..."
    " no way"
    "yes he is a paladin "

"/w <that paladin> : are you a paladin ?"
    "yes"
    "ROFLMAO"
    "why?"
    "get serious looks !! roflrofl"
    "fu , my look rox"