2h Frost-I see little differance

Okay on live im currently spec'd 21/50/0.

I normally in the top 3 dps in my guilds 25 mans..but for numbers sake, here goes.

On a target dummy I averaged 2700-2900 sustained DPS.

PTR: 20/51/0

rotation: BT-IT-OB-OB-BS-FS dump

Practically the same spec..but heres the kicker: Other than throwing in a PS in every now and then...practically the same (hell i even avoided using PS and my DPS was still the bloody same)

Test dummy DPS: 3k-3100 sustained DPS

rotation:BT-IT-PS-OB-FS dump
    IT-OB-OB-FS dump
    (NOTE:I think the pest. glyph is bugged on the PTR...used pest three or four times to see my diseases NOT refresh)
    And heres a link to my armory for those who might have questions.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Elune&n=Keoda

So far I really cant say theres any sort of DPS drop..if anything i see buffs considering the fact I am seeing bigger FS crits.

Opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Re: 2h Frost-I see little differance

My initial opinion is to ask what the rest of your rotation is...I assume BT=Blood Tap and in each rotation you listed you have a floating rune left over.

My second thing to note is that given your rotations your dps shouldn't have gone anywhere but up.

All strikes should hit relatively the same...Obliterate hits the same...IT hits the same...and FS dmg was increased through BotN...so yea Frost single target dps should be fine.

Most of the problem comes from HB and its affect on tanking...and on AE dps.

For rotation thats basically it...pretty simple really
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

That's disheartening. Although I can be near the top of charts as 2H Frost on live, whenever I'm not MTing and in DPS spec, I always get destroyed by 2H Unholy builds. All 2H Frost is getting is a nerfed Howling Blast for weaker trash damage (I topped charts via trash mainly) and a better Frost Strike. Whereas the crazy high damage Unholy builds are getting...buffed. Wtf?

I also love how the only 2H aspect of Frost DPS is Frost Strike. Ideally you will want to be spamming IT with Death Rune Mastery. I have only obtained a Sigil of Awareness recently and have not been PvE DPS specced with it, but I'm not sure if this is better than Unholy Presence + 6xIT rotations with Sigil of Frozen Conscience, judging from previous WWS results a while ago.

On a side note, why do you still have Death Rune Mastery if you are spamming Obliterate? The reason 2H Frost DPS builds got DRM was for a second rotation with 6xIT spam; the Death Runes are useless otherwise. Why not get Virulence instead for the spell hit cap?

Deleted

You can do the same rotation as before if you simply pick up the new pest glyph and drop BS for Pest whenver needed.

Your first rotation would be:

(BT + UBA at start and every minute)

PS > IT > OB > BS > Pest

And will continue from there:

OB > OB > IT > Pest

However, it's almost certain more dps will come from an unholy-style rotation as the glyph slots are important for frost, blood strike doesn't do bad damage with subversion, botn and GoG, and plague strike will be buffed.

(BT + UBA at start and every minute)

PS > IT > BS* > BS* > OB (*FS on KM procs and dumping until runes are ready)
    OB > OB > OB (FS at end only to ensure all OBs land before diseases end)

Subspeccing unholy (3/50-51/17-18 or variant) probably isn't a bad idea. Diseases lasting 21 seconds is quite nice. Permaghoul and necrosis seem pretty solid for frost too but I haven't done any maths on whether or not they're worth losing stuff like 2h spec, bladed armor and dark conviction for.

12 str gems?

Cheapskate.

Well the 12 str is because honestly..well..im broke most the time..just now starting to get some tradeskills up.

27 str gems ftw

Anyways..i did more rounds of tests...tried blood 51/0/20, unholy 17/0/54 then back my original spec.

IMO...Unholy and Blood trumps Frost (my spec at least) in aoe dmg.

But single target? Frost over blood by a narrow margin and then unholy.
    Or I'd shit my pants.