Flametongue Damage on the PTR - Bug or Nerf?

So I've been testing a little with my Enhancement-Shaman on the PTR and after a while noticed that FT did less damage than on live servers - by quite a substantial amount.

Weapon of choice: Angry Dread
    Totems, Buffs, etc: None
    Testing Subject: Level 70 Target Dummy
    Flametongue Damage PTR: 197 non crit
    Flametongue Damage Live: 334 non crit

After monitoring closely my procs and resulting changes in spell power, I can assert with a high degree of confidence that for some reason spell power gained from AP (via Mental Quickness) doesn't affect FT-damage in any way in the current PTR-build.
    To confirm this, I dropped my FT-Totem which resulted in a damage increase of exactly 20 (144/7 = 20.5, bingo!).

Skimming through the PTR- and Shaman-forums a bit, I couldn't find any official word re: this topic, but going with Occam's razor here it *probably* is a bug, especially when you consider the fact that the devs just tinkered with FT to prevent fast weapons from scaling better than slow weapons (a very welcome change by the way).
    Also, it wouldn't make any sense that Mental Quickness affects every source of spell damage except FT, and besides, it would very likely force us back to WF/WF, which according to a recent blue post, is exactly what the developers don't want.

divided

Re: Flametongue Damage on the PTR - Bug or Nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire247
    ...to prevent fast weapons from scaling better than slow weapons (a very welcome change by the way).
    Why do people hate using fast weapon's so much? >.> I like my Webbed Death.

I have absolutely nothing against fast weapons, but long-term (with a new tier of gear coming our way and with it even more AP and SP) they would have become the only viable choice under the current method of scaling. Actually, I really hope fast weapons will remain on equal footing with slow weapons, I just don't want one option dramatically outpacing the other, effectively limiting our options re: gear.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

posted about that like 2 days ago, the damage cut is because of the normalisation of FT but i indeed hope it is a bug than intended. otherway it'll be a joke and im going back to wf/wf if it stays on its current status

Quote Originally Posted by divided
    Because I didn't roll a rogue, I don't like my shaman using lame daggers and being a caster as enhancment, blizzard gave the slow off-hands for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Deleted

Sounds like it's time for you to reroll then.

Also, how does using a fast offhand make you a rogue?
    coz rogues have always done that.

apparently 2 classes arent allowed same weapons
    (exept warriors, dks, paladins...)

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming_rain
    Because I didn't roll a rogue, I don't like my shaman using lame daggers and being a caster as enhancment, blizzard gave the slow off-hands for a reason.
    Just reroll. This is Wotlk.. We use slow/fast now, deal with it.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

lol not anymore.
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

Quote Originally Posted by Shaamwow
    lol not anymore.
    Its been proven that despite the changes to beta FT and fast weapons, end game wise with mostly BiS gear, fast weapons with flametongue are overtaking windfury. As crazy as this sounds. If they increase the % chance for windfury to proc to 30%. I think it would solve that issue.

Personally I think faster weapons are a blast to use. Hitting extremely fast makes melee more intense/fun imho, prolly why I hated arms so much on my warr :P.

My only concern/gripe though, is that fast weapons break ***STUPID*** fast. :-\ When I leveled my shammy to 70 I actually got 2 Blades of Unquenched Thirst because I thought it would be fun to hit so fast....and it was....but it got fuckin annoying having to go repair your weapons when the rest of your gear was still at ~70% durability.

Unless they've changed something since then (haven't used a fast off-hand since) it seems like weapons all lose durability based on number of hits....irregardless of how long it takes them to land that many hits. I don't feel like having to fix my off-hand every 30 mins while questing/grinding or having to be that annoying bastard that asks for a repair bot 5 times during a 4-hour raid because my stupid off-hand breaks 3 times as fast as my main-hand ???

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Gargz
    Its been proven that despite the changes to beta FT and fast weapons, end game wise with mostly BiS gear, fast weapons with flametongue are overtaking windfury. As crazy as this sounds. If they increase the % chance for windfury to proc to 30%. I think it would solve that issue.
    His point is, that with the current PTR FT, FT/FT is worthless.

WF/FT is the only viable option, but Slow/Fast or Slow/Slow should be about even unless they change FT even more.

Quote Originally Posted by zelosjr
    His point is, that with the current PTR FT, FT/FT is worthless.

WF/FT is the only viable option, but Slow/Fast or Slow/Slow should be about even unless they change FT even more.

I know what his point was. What I stated was as the current game stands. Not PTR.

After a rogue rolled on the Angry Dead yesterday (god I was SO DAMN PISSED) I grabbed Split Greathammer off of Patchwerk
    And know with all these changes ... I know it was a good decision ;D

Gotta love my shaman even more!

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

im still having better raid dps with slow/slow, dunno whats the fuzz, play the gear with you get the best results with and stop spreadsheedin <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nithian
    Unless they've changed something since then (haven't used a fast off-hand since) it seems like weapons all lose durability based on number of hits....irregardless of how long it takes them to land that many hits. I don't feel like having to fix my off-hand every 30 mins while questing/grinding or having to be that annoying bastard that asks for a repair bot 5 times during a 4-hour raid because my stupid off-hand breaks 3 times as fast as my main-hand ???
    Thats the reason why fast weapons have more durability
    1.6 speed about 105 to 110
    2.6 - 70 to 75

Deleted

To answer the original question...

FT is bugged on the PTR it is not getting the spellpower from Mental quickness.