Blizzard says goodbye to druid tanks?

Taken from WoW-Europe forum (droods)

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....46534863&sid=1

Whats up with Blizzard and the continuous nerf attack versus the druids?

In TBC they found out the druids was way to good tanks so they nerfed the armor to hell and as a compensation for this they gave us more HP so we still could be usefull as tanks. Even tho after WOTLK came i saw a huge drop in feral tanks overall, and with Blizzard new nerfs i doubt this trend will change?:

- Heart of the Wild: Stamina bonus changed to 2/4/6/8/10%. (was 20%)
    - Survival of the Fittest (Tier 6) now increases your armor contribution from cloth and leather items in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form by 11/22/33%. (Previously 22/44/66%)

And as an compensation for these nerfs they have came up with the "great" ability called Savage Defense:

- Savage Defense – this is a new passive ability. When a druid in Dire Bear form deals a melee critical strike, the druid gains a damage shield equal to 25% of their attack power. The next hit completely removes the shield regardless of how much damage was done.

WOOOHA! This is such a useless new ability.... and when i read this note from Blizzard (see below) i kinda wonder what the heck they have been thinking when it comes to tanking gear for druids.

Savage Defense
    It isn't intended as a buff or nerf per se. As many players have surmised, we want to make gearing as a bear tank more interesting, yet we don't have a lot of room to expand on stamina, dodge or armor. In this case the specific numbers are not as important as the general idea, though we also think the specific numbers are a really good place to start.

DOH!
    Before ya come with such comments as "we want to make gearing as a bear tank more interesting", then you guys maybe should consider making some specific druid tank gear as well ? *gosh*. Or should we still fight with cats and rogues to get our TANK gear still ?

Anyways thumbs up for boosting cats.... but dont forget the bears We need more love!
    So what do u guys think about this ?

Re: Blizzard says goodbye to druid tanks?

If they made feral tanking gear, that would be the most inconsequent thing to do. After all they are homogenizing the gear, if they made feral tank gear then all the ret pally gear and shit would come again. They just wanted to make all the rogue stats more useful for bears.

15+ Year Old Account

I think he guy is an idiot.
    It takes some basic math to figure out that SD is well compensating for the armor nerf on anything short of Patchwerk. As for the health nerf, we are still the highest hp tanks, even after it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

15+ Year Old Account

well dont wurrie its not the end for us we cna still tank herorics we just suc in raids :P

anyway u do know anythnig in uldaur is will hit much harder thne patchwerk :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

The justification was "Druids had too much HP and Armor in Ulduar Gear. All 4 tanks should have similar HP Pools, so there isn't a mana sponge tank class"

And Savage Defense is a good trick. Rng based but still nice.

Btw, justification from GC continued with "If these nerfs are too much, we'll compensate Ferals in other ways."

Armor, and HP isn't the way they want how Feral tanks should work.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by skalizar
    Taken from WoW-Europe forum (droods)

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....46534863&sid=1

So what do u guys think about this ?
    You read it on the internet so it must be true...............................

15+ Year Old Account

Hodir is actually most easily solved by a druid. Currently Polar gear is our highest stamina set, and what a surprise, it's also the Frost res gear. A BiS druid with 3/3 Polar will have a fair amount of mitigation/avoidance on the normal blows, and will be perfectly fine when it turns into a Frsot Res fight, because you can already cap that by your gear backed by Frost Aura.

And no Elunedra. Not everything in Ulduar will hit harder than Patchwerk. Patchwerk is not just hard hitting per-se, it's also the only boss using a melee attack that powerful (Hateful Strike) without requiring an NPC offtank, like Mr Instructor. Actually it's the only mob hitting that hard in the whole game, if you evaluate HS frequency against Sartharion's breaths, which are nowhere close to 1.2sec.
    Boss fight are balanced around different things. Patchwerk is balanced around its melee damage output. Not every boss is like that.

15+ Year Old Account

Oh we may aswell have hit the armor cap in Ulduar, it wouldn't be that strange at all. Due to my usual healers combination, I have something like a 99% uptime of Inspiration / Ancestral Healing, thus my raid buffed armor can effectively be considered 44k. Given that the armor cap is at 50k, it was a very reasonable assumption to say we'd reach armor cap by Ulduar gear.

It takes 6k armor post buffs. If you take a 50k total value, 25% from Inspiration is 12.5k, which means a pre-Inspiration, radbuffed Bear armor of 38.7k. If we assume the average armor now is around 34.5k at BiS level, we need an extra 8k after Bearform multiplier. With the current SotF, Bear final multiplier is 8.75 (form + SotF + TH + meta), making it an extra 900 armor to obtain. Not that impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    Oh we may aswell have hit the armor cap in Ulduar, it wouldn't be that strange at all. Due to my usual healers combination, I have something like a 99% uptime of Inspiration / Ancestral Healing, thus my raid buffed armor can effectively be considered 44k. Given that the armor cap is at 50k, it was a very reasonable assumption to say we'd reach armor cap by Ulduar gear.

It takes 6k armor post buffs. If you take a 50k total value, 25% from Inspiration is 12.5k, which means a pre-Inspiration, radbuffed Bear armor of 38.7k. If we assume the average armor now is around 34.5k at BiS level, we need an extra 8k after Bearform multiplier. With the current SotF, Bear final multiplier is 8.75 (form + SotF + TH + meta), making it an extra 900 armor to obtain. Not that impossible.
    Rather, wouldn't you have to look at the 50k as a 125% value, and divide it by 1.25 to get 10k as the bonus armor and 40k as raidbuffed armor to be at the cap?

15+ Year Old Account

This patch is going to be in testing for months, so if the feral changes are too much or they aren't the right ones then they'll adjust and/or revert some of them. I'm willing to bet this isn't the last of the changes to our tanking stats or abilities.
    Mímir, 100 Night Elf Hunter, Stormrage

Sartharion called, OP. He asked you to shut the fuck up.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

I'm not seeing what everyone's whining about... I'm on the PTR and I haven't had any problems tanking. I did actually tank Hodir as the Phys tank on Thursday and I was gonna do IC yesterday if I could've made it into the instance w/o the server crashing every ~5 sec. Anyway, I had little to no problems tanking Hodir 25 or Hodir 10 as the Phys tank. Saw a few spike damages but nothing major. So yea... why the whine?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by furyform
    Rather, wouldn't you have to look at the 50k as a 125% value, and divide it by 1.25 to get 10k as the bonus armor and 40k as raidbuffed armor to be at the cap?
    Ehm yes of course you're right. That's the downside of doing mental calculation at 2am :P

Quote Originally Posted by Antenorra
    I'm not seeing what everyone's whining about... I'm on the PTR and I haven't had any problems tanking. I did actually tank Hodir as the Phys tank on Thursday and I was gonna do IC yesterday if I could've made it into the instance w/o the server crashing every ~5 sec. Anyway, I had little to no problems tanking Hodir 25 or Hodir 10 as the Phys tank. Saw a few spike damages but nothing major. So yea... why the whine?
    i absolutely agree...most of the QQ,EMO and whiners dont even raid @ptr
    i didnt have any problems...i just switched 2 dps items for my old tank ones (trinket and head ench)
    and im pretty fine