Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Bosses besides arthas inside Icecrown?

I used to think it was cool, but the fact that no NPC ever actually dies (and stays dead) is starting to get annoying in this universe.
    I am pretty sure Archimonde is dead.
    I am sure Van Cleef is dead.
    I am sure Malygos is dead.

Pretty sure I can go on.

NPC's like Kel'Thuzzad have a history of coming back... because that's just in their nature.

If these two people are not implemented as bosses in Icecrown, then they will be guardians of the Lich King himself - Saurfang and Morgrainne. Arthas has both of their souls.

P.S. Bolvar is the new Harvey Dent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishydoom
    Just to make this clear Mal'Ganis is dead. He died in Warcraft 3 at the end of the human campain when Arthas gets Frostmourne so unless Arthas turns him into an undead or something we won't see him.
    Just to make this clear, ONLY A DREADLORD can kill another Dreadlord. They are greater demons, when they "die" in our world, they just end up getting banished back to their own plane of existance. The ONLY way to kill one of them would be to actually confront it in the Twisting Nether (where it has homefield advantage) and kill it in it's home territory, which likely isn't going to be a terribly intelligent thing to do.

15+ Year Old Account

Can't tell you what the bosses will be, lore makes people like you get people like me weird looks when I start to talk about playing wow.

I hope that we will see the big dragon we see in the LK cinematic

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithip
    I hope that we will see the big dragon we see in the LK cinematic
    that'd be sindragosa, and yes, we all want to see her.

Gear check: Van Cleef 2.0 =P

Damn guys, did No horde do wrathgate?
    Are we forget varmithras and grand apothecary putress ?
    What are those guys up to right now and will we see them on the way in? :c

If these two people are not implemented as bosses in Icecrown, then they will be guardians of the Lich King himself - Saurfang and Morgrainne. Arthas has both of their souls.
    eeee 1, saurfang is pretty safe and alive
    saurfang jr. is the one who got pwned by arthas
    Mograine however broke free of lich kings grasp ( if we talk about darion mograine) and is "leader" of deathknights. Darion's brother, renault is in scarlet monastery and father is long dead.

If its bolevar you think about (teh pally from wrath gate cinematic), arthas doesnt have his soul...
    Bolevar was"killed" by Putress plague at wrathgate (tough its not 100% sure cause he could be in fact saved by red dragonflight.)
    1 thing is sure, we will for sure see bolevar somewhere cause when krasus aka korialstrasz is asking alexstrasza "do they know?" , alexstrasza is answering " they can not discover the faith of the young paladin, not yet"

I think we might see:
    Anub'arak (reviving isnt a problem for lich king tbh :P)
    Sindragosa is like 90%... She hunger for blood of any living being cause of malygos who left her dying and didnt help her and she ofc was revived by Arthas. Also, undead instance w/o frost wyrm ?
    Saurfang Jr, Is also possibility as his soul was consumed by frostmourne.
    Kel Thuzad could be an option if arthas would find a source of power similar to sunwell (most likely he wont tough)

the scarlet crusade admiral isn't Mal'Ganis? o.0
    No. Mal'ganis was killed by arthas in northrend after Arthas picked frostmourne. The dreadlord you think about is the one from Stratholme i belive and thats Balnazzar, Mal ganis brother.

Besides dreadlords are servents of burning legion, not lich king. They were sent to azeroth to control Ner'zhul actions, so its rly doubtfull that Arthas would now use them as "guardians" in his very citadel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

I don't get why people think Mal'ganish is gonna be a boss in the Icecrown. The Lich Kind did whisper Arthas for a reason to kill or banish Mal'ganis. If you played(and this is what i remember)WC3:TFT then you might remember that The Burning legion and The scourge were never allies.

Mal'ganis will 100% not be a boss in Icecrown.

King Ymiron.
    Drakuru.
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o12/Vexn/Axe.png

Please read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaemi
    King Ymiron.
    Drakuru.
    Ymirion died in pinnacle, didnt he ?Besides 1 quest in Howling fjord shows that Arthas intention was to use Ymirion in Utgarde Pinnacle and there is nothing that would show any change of location of Ymirion.

drakuru is already dead...slain by Arthas for failing him. In the same event Arthas is sparing you cause as he sais "there might be still hope for you" since you first served drakuru (chain quests in grizzly hills and zul'drak) , while in fact working for Knights of the Ebon Blade and then betreyed this dumb troll.

so, sorry to burst your bubble but none of your suggestions will go through. Arthas doesnt have patience for those who fail him.
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

Quote Originally Posted by kekek
    I don't get why people think Mal'ganish is gonna be a boss in the Icecrown. The Lich Kind did whisper Arthas for a reason to kill or banish Mal'ganis. If you played(and this is what i remember)WC3:TFT then you might remember that The Burning legion and The scourge were never allies.

Mal'ganis will 100% not be a boss in Icecrown.
    The bulk of folks mentioning Mal'Ganis have said something to the effect of "we'd meet him in there while he was trying to go after the LK as well".

It seems a lot of people here haven't been up to date with their lore.

In a quest chain in Icecrown, it is revealed that the Scarlet Crusade Grand Admire Barean Westwind is actually Mal'Ganis in disguise, and that Arthas never killed him when he came to Northrend.

Just clearing it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

eeee 1, saurfang is pretty safe and alive
    saurfang jr. is the one who got pwned by arthas
    Mograine however broke free of lich kings grasp ( if we talk about darion mograine) and is "leader" of deathknights. Darion's brother, renault is in scarlet monastery and father is long dead.
    Saurfang Jr. I am sorry for not being ANAL and typing JR. I would expect people to know that Saurfang senior NEVER had his soul drained.

I am sure Darion has a father. I believe at the end of the Death Knight quest chain Arthas took the soul Alexandros...

The Lich King yells: Touching...
    The Lich King Says: Pathetic...
    The Lich King Says: He's mine now...

In a quest chain in Icecrown, it is revealed that the Scarlet Crusade Grand Admire Barean Westwind is actually Mal'Ganis in disguise, and that Arthas never killed him when he came to Northrend.
    Which leaves a big question.

Why would Mal'Ganis be a boss within Arthas' Icecrown? Why would a person who Arthas swore to follow to the ends of Azeroth to find and slay... be a person within Arthas' trust circle to be helping guard him in Icecrown? Does Ner'zhul have that much control over Arthas?
    This is just an assumption and an opinion.

Bolevar was"killed" by Putress plague at wrathgate (tough its not 100% sure cause he could be in fact saved by red dragonflight.)
    He wasn't killed. We will see him again. I am not saying he will be a boss...

Quote Originally Posted by Pally_Power
    It seems a lot of people here haven't been up to date with their lore.

Just clearing it up.
    hmm think i had to have missed this q chain. Tough its fucked up pretyt much then... Dreadlords have no actual power of resurection, they arent even undead, they are demons. Doubt that Sargeras is actually some necromancy dude who would bther ressurecting some pest who in fact failed him...

If malganis wasnt even killed, then who was the dreadlord who died in fight with arthas ? there would be uber lack of dreadlords as there were only few of them

I do not think Anub'Arak will return, at his death he says pretty much that you freed him.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Lingonvecka
    ""Now," Ner'zhul's voice echoed within his mind, "we are one!"

In that moment, Ner'zhul and Arthas' spirits fused into a single mighty being, just as the Lich King had always planned. And thus one of the most powerful entities on Azeroth was born. "

So if we were to meet ner'zhul he must get out of arthas body.... an then the lich king is pew pew ezmode
    But then in the book arthas bitched ner'zhuls spirit and kinda took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishydoom
    Just to make this clear Mal'Ganis is dead. He died in Warcraft 3 at the end of the human campain when Arthas gets Frostmourne so unless Arthas turns him into an undead or something we won't see him.
    so I take it you didn't do the chain where you find out Mal'ganis is the Scarlet Admiral?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

You play a game where time travel is possible...

anything can happen at any time anywhere.

Oh you killed "X"?
    Well the infinite dragonflight (those sneaky ninjas) brought "X" back through time to fight you in the present.
    Or to not create "time ripples" they changed time so that someone else fake killed him. Then removed him from the time line until present day, where he is now a boss.

Controlling time means you can change the story however you like as many times you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyo
    No. Mal'ganis was killed by arthas in northrend after Arthas picked frostmourne. The dreadlord you think about is the one from Stratholme i belive and thats Balnazzar, Mal ganis brother.
    try out this quest and you might udnerstand my sarcasm http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=12852

:P