Page 1 of 2
LastLast

High End Ret DPS

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Sh%C3%AEma
    That's my gear (replace Pvp Trink w/ Mirror of Truth)

Yeah, I flask for fights, I get the right food buff and I know my damn rotation. Yet I see other Rets get dps like 5.5k on single target fights and I have to fight hard to get 4k. And I usually tend to top the charts for my guild even tho Ret is supposed to be at the bottom of the totem pole.

So whats the problem? What am I lacking? Is it bad raid composition? Would love to hear from my fellow Rets about this issue.

Re: High End Ret DPS

What is your "rotation".

Gem for straight str other then the 2 gems you need for your meta.

What glyphs do you use too?

Don't spec for hit; spec for STR.

Also; you have to time your AW well. On fights that are long enough start off with it (might need to salv urself) and then use it again when heroism is popped at low health. If you have the Hammer of Wrath glyph (reduce CD during AW) your DPS can skyrocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Soad0488
    What is your "rotation".

Gem for straight str other then the 2 gems you need for your meta.

What glyphs do you use too?
    Yeah, I know its not a "rotation" per se, since all the spells CDs are different. It's a set up of priority. Judgement > CS > Consecrate > DS ( > Exo > Holy Wrath for UD/Demons ).

Yeah...For sure you need to ditch the +Stam and +Hit Gems... +Str all the way

The problem may not necessarily be YOU.
    If your raid has an overall low raid dps then your going to be getting a lowered uptime on bloodlust and obviously your dps isnt going to be as high as some other players.
    Does your guild do WWS parses? If so then you can compare your raid dps to other guilds and get an accurate idea from there

Quote Originally Posted by psycko78
    Yeah...For sure you need to ditch the +Stam and +Hit Gems... +Str all the way
    Yeah, I read quite a few times around here that 180 hit was a good number, but if thats not necessarily true, then those gems are gone. Need two of the non-pure str gems tho for the meta, but I can keep those in the gear w/ the str slot bonuses, should only be a net-loss of 4 str

Quote Originally Posted by Shima
    Yeah, I read quite a few times around here that 180 hit was a good number, but if thats not necessarily true, then those gems are gone. Need two of the non-pure str gems tho for the meta, but I can keep those in the gear w/ the str slot bonuses, should only be a net-loss of 4 str
    Use Soverign Twilight Opal if you want to get your Meta-gem, its the *+8 str + 12sta* Purple gem

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Sh%C3%AEma
    That's my gear (replace Pvp Trink w/ Mirror of Truth)

Yeah, I flask for fights, I get the right food buff and I know my damn rotation. Yet I see other Rets get dps like 5.5k on single target fights and I have to fight hard to get 4k. And I usually tend to top the charts for my guild even tho Ret is supposed to be at the bottom of the totem pole.

So whats the problem? What am I lacking? Is it bad raid composition? Would love to hear from my fellow Rets about this issue.
    Same problem here.
    With 3540 base AP, 33% Crit, 7% hit and 5,7% expertise i can't do more then 4k DPS to Patchwerk.
    I'm a jewelcrafter so i use 3x +27 STR gems and put +16 STR in every other socket.
    I'm enchanted to the maximum and use Inevitable Defeat.
    I do "not" have Darkmoon Card: Greatness
    I do "not" have the T7 4-piece bonus

Judgement > CS > Consecration > DS > Exorcism
    Judgement > CS > Consecration > DS > Holy Wrath

I even time my 2nd wings @20% for Hammer of Wrath spam (glyphed)

There is no way to put out more DPS on my/this equip level. How come i see people roll almost 6k DPS on patch then?
    Okay, those people roll with around 100 AP more, 2-3% crit more, Betrayer of Humanity, 4-set-bonus and Darkmoon Card Greatness. But there is no way that those things increase DPS from 4000 to 5500+

Help?

To the original poster, get Jewelcrafting.

I have about the same gear as you, only 3700 AP unbuffed

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker
    To the original poster, get Jewelcrafting.

I have about the same gear as you, only 3700 AP unbuffed
    I need to level my warriors mining so I can go JC/BS : (

With your gear you should go up to 5k+ dps ! M8 u got betrayer, 4pT7.5 bonus, dmcard and some of the best pieces u can get ! just go straigth for str with gemming 'n go for ap enchant on hands ! Then always remember FCFS (first come first serve) and with the right raid setup u should do as i said before 5k+ DPS ! I for myself do about 4k dps with 4pT7.5 bonus, Jawbone, no dmcard and way worse epixx in every other slot .... the most dps u can do if your are present alll the time .... if u got a real good tank like i do then u can start to burst out everythin u got from the first second ! If u manage to be 99% present in fights and use every cd u can and get used to cycle your wings synced to heroism then u should go above 5k ... yeah aright forgot the right glyphs are also good to give u the right burst !

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kishin
    Same problem here.
    With 3540 base AP, 33% Crit, 7% hit and 5,7% expertise i can't do more then 4k DPS to Patchwerk.
    I'm a jewelcrafter so i use 3x +27 STR gems and put +16 STR in every other socket.
    I'm enchanted to the maximum and use Inevitable Defeat.
    I do "not" have Darkmoon Card: Greatness
    I do "not" have the T7 4-piece bonus

Judgement > CS > Consecration > DS > Exorcism
    Judgement > CS > Consecration > DS > Holy Wrath

I even time my 2nd wings @20% for Hammer of Wrath spam (glyphed)

There is no way to put out more DPS on my/this equip level. How come i see people roll almost 6k DPS on patch then?
    Okay, those people roll with around 100 AP more, 2-3% crit more, Betrayer of Humanity, 4-set-bonus and Darkmoon Card Greatness. But there is no way that those things increase DPS from 4000 to 5500+

Help?
    it depends on your group setup also. do you have another (or 2) paladins in raid to get kings and might? do you have a DK/enh shaman who uses horn of winter or totems? these are the buffs that provide the greatest increase of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    it depends on your group setup also. do you have another (or 2) paladins in raid to get kings and might? do you have a DK/enh shaman who uses horn of winter or totems? these are the buffs that provide the greatest increase of dps.
    Got both Imp Might and Imp Kings, and a DK for Horn of Winter, but our server is experiencing a shortage of Shammys so we only have 2 or 3 of em (none of them very consistent) and all Resto. So maybe its the lack of a enh shammy there.

And to whoever mentioned the AW glyph, picked it up and tried it out on our Sarth 3D attempts last night. I did see an increase in my single target dps. Thanx for that tip. Been a while since I glyphed and mustve looked that one over way back when.

And things gemmed correctly. Gonna work on JC too; just need to take up mining on an alt

So thanx guys. Dunno how much my dps should go up but hopefully there will be a noticeable increase.

15+ Year Old Account

Got both Imp Might and Imp Kings, and a DK for Horn of Winter, but our server is experiencing a shortage of Shammys so we only have 2 or 3 of em (none of them very consistent) and all Resto. So maybe its the lack of a enh shammy there.

And to whoever mentioned the AW glyph, picked it up and tried it out on our Sarth 3D attempts last night. I did see an increase in my single target dps. Thanx for that tip. Been a while since I glyphed and mustve looked that one over way back when.

And things gemmed correctly. Gonna work on JC too; just need to take up mining on an alt

So thanx guys. Dunno how much my dps should go up but hopefully there will be a noticeable increase.
    afaik horn of winter and totems dont stack. so it doesnt matter. funny thing is if you have a blood specced DK. ask for hysteria and use AW at the same time. think you'll get higher then 4k then

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame
    Don't spec for hit; spec for STR.

Also; you have to time your AW well. On fights that are long enough start off with it (might need to salv urself) and then use it again when heroism is popped at low health. If you have the Hammer of Wrath glyph (reduce CD during AW) your DPS can skyrocket.
    Don't wanna sound like and idiot, but is there no poit what so ever to gem for hit/exp?
    Just go for str? :-\

Deleted

while i am not a pally,i find the 4k u mention a bit low.with standar rotation and with your gear u should put about 5k(as i see u changed ur gems to str,good call,but try to get expertise capped).If u have 1)haste effect(WF/icy talons) and 2)imp Blessings in raid i rly cant find a reason your dps output is somewhat low.Does your server experience latency problems?Is it any chance that no warrior does sunder?Sunder armor by itself is of equal importance to wf,or actualy more important as it applies to all attacks and not only white dmg.Also,someone mentioned hysteria,I believe op wants to put more dps up,not to do a trick to show his epeen on a dmg meter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jynn
    The problem may not necessarily be YOU.
    If your raid has an overall low raid dps then your going to be getting a lowered uptime on bloodlust and obviously your dps isnt going to be as high as some other players.
    Does your guild do WWS parses? If so then you can compare your raid dps to other guilds and get an accurate idea from there
    This is possibly a big part of it, not just from the raid buff side of things. On my DK (mostly 10-man gear), I was able to clock in at 4800 DPS on a 10-man (less buffs) patchwerk kill without heroism. This was due to the fact that we killed him in 2.5 minutes and my AotD was up for ~30% of the fight (adding ~360 to my DPS if my memory serves me), if I had done the exact same thing, but my raid had done less overall DPS and dragged the fight out to 5 minutes, that same cooldown would have only been up ~15% of the fight, for 180 DPS, meaning my DPS would have been listed as 4620.

The same principle applies to AW, Heroism, Trinkets, etc. Any short term cooldown is more effective in shorter fights.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    afaik horn of winter and totems dont stack. so it doesnt matter. funny thing is if you have a blood specced DK. ask for hysteria and use AW at the same time. think you'll get higher then 4k then
    FWIW, Hysteria only applies to physical damage, so you'd do better letting this be cast on a fury warrior, since it won't help your judgment, RV, consecrate, or seal damage.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I have trouble going up in high dps too. On my guilds patchwerk kills I am normally around 7th - 13th spot, which is pretty arousing.
    Link to my armory, and if I am wearing my holy gear, I have 3635 AP, 244 hit, 36,51% crit, 22 expertise. Using Death's Bite, as nothing better have come up for me yet.

Last time in naxx 25 I had around 4530 dps on patchwerk. I see your problem if you are doing under 4k dps with that gear, which is actually quite good.

As many other people probably have told you, you should NEVER gem for hit rating. When you have a hit rating that is > 200, gem for pure strength. Aim for around 30-35% crit unbuffed, which is also quite easily reachable.

Use the rotation where you use the core damage abilities all the time when they are off cooldown. I usually do Divine Storm (have the venture co. libram), then judgement, CS, consecration, divine plea (yes, this early in the fight, it will be ready soon anyway), and then whatever comes off cooldown.