Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Fury of the Five Flights

In think what he's refering to with the spellpower reference is not so much the healing and the scaling many of our abilities take from both SP and AP meaning the trinket helps our abilities in both the scalings... maybe thats how i read it anyway.
    If hyperbole were food the internet would never go hungry...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    Judgement scales with spellpower

and AP-SP conversion isn't that important since all AP gives SP, so more AP is always more SP and the other way around.

PS: Your name sucks
    SoB doesnt scale with SP, but strength/ap and weapon dmg. thats why holy paladins dont use it. thats the only seal i use in PvE

you're pathetic to comment about such a thing. what's your point?

I am NOT talking about healing. I do not know where you got that from. Some of our abilities DO Scale with SP. and was just bringing up a point of why no one ever tosses that in as a consideration. The conversion is small, yes, however it is something people never seem to consider, because it is something that SHOULD be considered and factored in. Every little bit counts.

Am i saying that a ret paladin should go for straight SP? NO, not at all, just that when theory crafting KNOW YOUR STUFF, and go ahead and consider all sides of everything. You would be surprised how things might change.

Hi guys,

Interesting discussion. I have this trinket on my retri, for 2 weeks now more or less. Substitute it for the Loatheb one.

Without being to much "like pro" with a lot of math, I can say that the trinket is awesome. It doesnt take long to stack full, each new strike refreshes the 20 charges, what means that during a 3 minute fight you'll have 100% the 320 AP .
    So if anyone is still wondering if this is a good trinket for a Retri, I would say, without any doubt, but hey, each one is free to judge for himself.

Byes

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Soad0488
    I am NOT talking about healing. I do not know where you got that from. Some of our abilities DO Scale with SP. and was just bringing up a point of why no one ever tosses that in as a consideration. The conversion is small, yes, however it is something people never seem to consider, because it is something that SHOULD be considered and factored in. Every little bit counts.

Am i saying that a ret paladin should go for straight SP? NO, not at all, just that when theory crafting KNOW YOUR STUFF, and go ahead and consider all sides of everything. You would be surprised how things might change.
    there is no point in taking SP in consideration because it scales of AP. the more AP, the more SP you get. that's it! sure, its nice to have when you need that emergency flash heal, but that's where it stops for me.

some talents that scale with sp is: healing overall, SoC, SoR, SoV and Sacred Shield, which is bugged.

and im not sure about SoV. it might scale with AP also since that is what prot paladins use.

Fury of the Five flights is a nice trinket to have when you know that you can keep the stack up the entire time
    i would carry a separate trinket on me for some fights where it will fall off.

and in reguard to the ap -> sp talent you ignore sp because our talents are factored into equivalency points and the damage is accounted for. SoB scales with SP on judgements just not the actual proc.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    there is no point in taking SP in consideration because it scales of AP. the more AP, the more SP you get. that's it! sure, its nice to have when you need that emergency flash heal, but that's where it stops for me.

some talents that scale with sp is: healing overall, SoC, SoR, SoV and Sacred Shield, which is bugged.

and im not sure about SoV. it might scale with AP also since that is what prot paladins use.
    It increases dmg, so it is worth taking into consideration.

* Judgement of Blood:
    36% weapon damage + 16% AP + 25% spell power
    * Judgement of Light:
    16% AP + 25% spell power (damage)
    10% AP + 10% spell power (healing proc)
    * Judgement of Wisdom:
    2% of base mana (mana proc)
    * Consecration:
    4% AP + 4% spell power per tick
    (Final rank has 113 base damage per tick)
    * Exorcism:
    15% AP + 15% spell power
    (Final rank has 1028 base damage)
    * Hammer of Wrath:
    15% AP + 15% spell power
    (Final rank has 1139 base damage)
    * Holy Wrath:
    7% AP + 7% spell power
    (Final rank has 1050 base damage)

Running with FotFF / DMC:G. Probably using Loatheb's Shadow for short fights but overall, that trinket rocks.

I beg to differ with you sir

Seal of Blood Instant cast14% of base ManaAll melee attacks deal additional Holy damage equal to 27% of normal weapon damage, but the Paladin loses health equal to 10% of the total damage inflicted.

Unleashing this Seal's energy will judge an enemy instantly causing [.36* MW + .25* SP + .16* AP] Holy damage at the cost of health equal to 33% of the damage caused.

Seal of blood does use SP. Str is our best stat if we take 5/5 divine strengt since it will give us the most ap wich automatically also gives sp.

But then again what can you expect from a person who names his Paladin "I won't tank".

Epic fail

* Judgement of Blood:
    36% weapon damage + 16% AP + 25% spell power
    * Judgement of Light:
    10% AP + 10% spell power (healing proc)
    * Judgement of Wisdom:
    2% of base mana (mana proc)
    * Consecration:
    4% AP + 4% spell power per tick
    (Final rank has 113 base damage per tick)
    * Exorcism:
    15% AP + 15% spell power
    (Final rank has 1028 base damage)
    * Hammer of Wrath:
    15% AP + 15% spell power
    (Final rank has 1139 base damage)
    * Holy Wrath:
    7% AP + 7% spell power
    (Final rank has 1050 base damage)
    this man deserves a cookie

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ambriosa

*math*
    it still is no use considering SP since you need AP to get it.

it comes down to this: do you want a stable AP or not. if you DO want a stable number, use FotFF instead of MoT. and then you have to consider if you can keep it up or not.

it all comes down to AP..

it still is no use considering SP since you need AP to get it.

it comes down to this: do you want a stable AP or not. if you DO want a stable number, use FotFF instead of MoT. and then you have to consider if you can keep it up or not.

it all comes down to AP..
    LOL you got yourself into a mess and now you are going for a quick fix with a smart-ass answer. Let me remind you that you said ap to sp conversion doesn't count since we won't be healing in raids.... WTF???? Ap to sp conversion contributes to our damage.

And now you try to be a smart-ass to say it all comes down to AP.. well of course everybody in this thread is saying so. But what people said is that you should also take sp into account since x amount of ap = y amount of sp which contributes to z amount of damage.

S

15+ Year Old Account

i can admit that im wrong about the maths.

there is no point thinking about SP because its connected to you AP, ok?

now, how do you think on affecting your SP? ill give you a moment....

right! getting more AP! that's why you have to think about SP at all.

there is no point in taking SP in consideration because it scales of AP. the more AP, the more SP you get. that's it!
    this is what ive been saying the whole time..

you consider me a smartass while you are being a retarded internet hero calling names and looking like tough little man while im trying to go into a normal discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephkka
    Another interesting tidbit, is Judgement CANNOT proc anything that says "damaging spell". I bought the +84 crit/ change to increase Spellpower on harmful spellcast trinket for my holy set, figuring it would proc often enough when I judge for SotP and Judgement of Light, but consecration is the only Paladin ability that will proc it, and not every tick... just the first tick.
    Judgement is considered a ranged attack, therefore it cannot be dodged/parried/blocked. Additionally, it won't proc abilities that are based on spellcast like your trinket.

iktankniet I am REALLY beginning to think that you are dumb as a rock.

AP GIVES YOU SP. THE TRINKET IN QUESTION GIVES AP SO IN TURN IT GIVES YOU SP. That should be considered because we DO GAIN BENEFIT from SP. EVERY LITTLE BIT COUNTS. You honestly make no sense.

"there is no point in taking SP in consideration because it scales of AP. the more AP, the more SP you get. that's it! "

The trinket offers 350 AP and 35 SP. Both stats SHOULD be considered because FACE IT SP will increase our DPS.

You are a HORRIBLE theorycrafter and seem super FOTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker
    Why can't anyone ask a simple question nowadays without being redirected to Elitist Jerks forum? Sigh.
    Judging be the range of useless replies, I'd suggest anybody with any serious WoW questions goes elsewhere for help.

These forums are just a prettier version of the Official forums, if we're honest.

there is no point thinking about SP because its connected to you AP, ok?

now, how do you think on affecting your SP? ill give you a moment....

right! getting more AP! that's why you have to think about SP at all.
    Well, what happens when you try to compare an AP trinket to something like, say, a Crit trinket? Then you should factor the Spell Power into the value of the AP trinket to determine if it's a better dps increase than the Crit trinket.