Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Val'anyr, Gavel of Ancient Kings (Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra
    well i stil want a legendary feral druid weapon lol
    Don't we all....
    Too bad blizz hates ferals

Quote Originally Posted by nagaluiz
    I spent all day datamining trying to see if I could find it and I think I did:

Doodad_Legendary_Mace_2
    Binds when picked up
    Main Hand Mace
    200 - 241 Damage Speed 1.80
    (122.5 damage per second)
    (989 feral attack power)
    +74 Stamina
    +92 Intellect
    +87 Spirit
    Durability 130 / 130
    Requires Level 80
    Equip: Improves haste rating by 67.
    Equip: Increases spell power by 720.
    Equip: Restores 32 mana per 5 sec.
    Use: Calls forth Anathema. (30 Min Cooldown)
    Can you explain how you "found" this? Seems a little convenient.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nagaluiz
    I spent all day datamining trying to see if I could find it and I think I did:

Doodad_Legendary_Mace_2
    Looks like Doodad had some fun and made his own stats for it, for those of you that dont know Doodad is a regular here on the druid forum. I should also point out, the feral attack power value is wrong for that weapon dps and Anathema is the priest specific weapon from pre BC

Even though his Feral Attack Power is a little off and it has the priest staff "use" ability. The remaining stats don't seem far off. It's actually exactly what I would imagine it having.

Additionally, no feral druid with a brain would use a 1 handed mace for feral attack power because the DPS simply isn't there. AND, caster weapons generally have lower DPS than Melee weapons of the same ilvl.

With what we know about how the mace is acquired so far, it looks like you need the quest to summon and kill the boss and the hammer itself is looted from the boss. I would bet anything that it's going to have only 1 version of stats and will be geared toward healing.

The only thing it has in common with Atiesh is that it takes 40 shards to make it, going any further with that and assuming that it has different "specs" to chose from is silly because it's a 1 handed mace.

On top of all that, even if the mace does have a feral "spec" to pick from, no guild would give it to a feral druid first unless it was amazing for tanking. Sorry kitties, not today.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raidei the Blade
    Additionally, no feral druid with a brain would use a 1 handed mace for feral attack power because the DPS simply isn't there. AND, caster weapons generally have lower DPS than Melee weapons of the same ilvl.
    1 handed weapon wont give us enchoung feral ap no but they can still add the additional stat to it so we get weapon dmg FAP + additono stat +2000 or soemthnig so its all posable

but dont forget if u guys rember the good old artish a healer staff !!! it had feral attack power on it back then

so ill just keep on hoping until i see the actual stats and start crying :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

It is VERY unlikely that this will be a feral weapon. Furthermore, I hope it won't be.
    I'd rather like to see the second legendary being a polearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek

It's safe to assume it was not meant to be a caster or melee weapon.

While I agree that it wont be a feral weapon in anyway, i do believe there is a good chance moonkins will be seeking out this weapon. UNLESS Blizz does a better job making weapons for this raid.

Case in Point, Torch of Holy Fire. By every means, it was designed to be a healing mace. Even the name points that out. But due to a huge pile of spellpower on it, fair amount of haste, and lack of a fist/dagger that has comparable stats, it is the Best weapon for a moonkin/spriest/ele shaman. The only caster weapin that is better is Turning Tide, which as we all know, druids/priests/shamans cannot use

Since this is a legendary weapon, I imagine it will have MASSIVE spell power on it. Unless Blizz actually does something smart, and makes the best caster weapons daggers instead of swords, like it is right now, be ready for moonkins to be fighting for those shards as well

TL;DR Make a dagger(s) the best caster weapon in Ulduar, not a sword, that 3 DPS casters cannot use.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Kulltiras

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sharandris
    It is VERY unlikely that this will be a feral weapon. Furthermore, I hope it won't be.
    I'd rather like to see the second legendary being a polearm.
    although blizz wont say it we all know its going tobe frostmoure :P 2H sword whit DK stats
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Priestgirl09
    But if its a primarily healing mace that takes a whole guild multiple runs to collect, they would give it to their best healer, even if it did have feral AP on it.
    We were thinking about that the same way, but nobody was able to decide whos the best healer ;D

although blizz wont say it we all know its going tobe frostmoure :P 2H sword whit DK stats
    Oh yeah, you're absolutely right.

/sarcasm off

Do you know any of the lore behind Frostmourne?

Anybody who wields this weapon is basically letting the Lich King live through their body, which is exactly what happened with Arthas. Frostmourne is probably TOO legendary to be accessable to players, as there would be too many unanswered questions as to why Arthas was able to control and influence a large part of Northrend, while this player with the sword still needs 24 others to kill a mortal boss.

Arthas was essentially the leader of the fight against the scourge - until he got this weapon. Look at him now.

The lore behind this expansion is actually pretty cool - you should look into it...especially if you don't know why Arthas "is" the Lich King.

I dont even understand why you guys bother!

Lets look into this-
    4 classes which can use it.
    If its healer only, its 4 speccs.
    If its dps aswell, its alot more

i think it'd be safe to say that atleast 5-8 people in your 25 man will be one of the desired classes with this in mind.
    Now how do we get theese fragments? I dont know, but i sure hope you wont get more than one per run!
    But even if, you got like 2 per run.. hmm thats gotta be 20 runs each, which means its about 100 to 160 runs!
    So.. its gonna be a while before you get ur hands on this, so whats up with all the hassle?

My tip would be, that for example, the highest DKPer at 1st fragment drop, gets all 40 fragments, cus if not, youll end up having 60-100 fragments, but on 8 diff characters -.-'

Any who, go and discuss ur legendaries, even though most of you wont ever get to obtain it, unless ofc, its shit like azzinoth, but then it aint legendary, is it?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    The lore behind this expansion is actually pretty cool - you should look into it...especially if you don't know why Arthas "is" the Lich King.
    i dont know a lot of lore but i did play WAR3TFT so i do know a part about arthas and his weapon but the warclieves dropped aswel and they also contrain a spelcail powers :P

we will see but i wont be suprised if it did drop
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

The stats..?

OVER NINE THOUSAND Intellect

i dont know a lot of lore but i did play WAR3TFT so i do know a part about arthas and his weapon but the warclieves dropped aswel and they also contrain a spelcail powers :P
    "Special Powers" != will of Nerzhul

In order for frostmourne to drop we would have to completely kill Nerzhul and purge his essence from the armor/blade. Now...that's not saying it wouldn't happen, but saying the war glaives were obtainable by players so why not frostmourne is not exactly the same thing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    "Special Powers" != will of Nerzhul

In order for frostmourne to drop we would have to completely kill Nerzhul and purge his essence from the armor/blade. Now...that's not saying it wouldn't happen, but saying the war glaives were obtainable by players so why not frostmourne is not exactly the same thing.
    oke so lore wise its imposable but u know blizz they love Dk so they wana give them a legendairy wep
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nilith

Now how do we get theese fragments? I dont know, but i sure hope you wont get more than one per run!
    But even if, you got like 2 per run.. hmm thats gotta be 20 runs each, which means its about 100 to 160 runs!
    So.. its gonna be a while before you get ur hands on this, so whats up with all the hassle?
    One fragment per Ulduar run? If it's anything like Atiesh there's just going to be a chance for each boss to drop a fragment.

You really think it's reasonable for Blizzard to expect someone to run Ulduar once a week for 40 weeks for an item that has going for it only some orange text and a slightly elevated item level? 'cause let's face it, this item has no value in lore whatsoever.

We know that there are 11 hard mode bosses plus one who only has a hard mode (Algalon). One could imagine that hard mode always drops a shard and the regular easy mode has either no chance or a significantly smaller chance to drop a shard.

On everyone's dream list of stats, there is always spirit. If the mace is going to be useful to pallys and shammys, then I honestly don't see alot or any spirit as a stat. Seeing as spirit if useless for those 2 classes. Also, if I remember correctly, spirit based regen is getting nerfed (could be wrong as spirit is a useless stat for me).

So many idiots here don't understand wtf it means for a mace to have different models for different classes. : sigh :

anyways.. i'm hoping, as i've said before.. that the fragments drop from heroic, hard mode bosses.. ONLY.

It makes it more difficult to get, but it insures that baddies don't run around with shiny legendaries like they did with the Warglaives. Illidan was too easy to drop a legendary, imo.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor
    anyways.. i'm hoping, as i've said before.. that the fragments drop from heroic, hard mode bosses.. ONLY.
    but then my guild is never gona get it oO!!
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE