Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Cat 3.1 DPS - updated model

Quote Originally Posted by pinkstrider
    DURING the added duration of berserk (10 sec) it should add 4080 dps, a bit more because i dont know exactly how much glyphed rip gives. Overall, this is 136 dps, in those 10 seconds its supposed to give extra 4080 dps

And Berserk does increase your dps by 4080 according to that, during the duration anyway, you're just not the best quoter
    huh? its a 5 sec increase...

5 additional seconds of Berserk give you 2 more Shreds in the best situation. 40K damage seems too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Vita
    huh? its a 5 sec increase...
    It is about dps over a time period of 5 minutes, how many times do you think a 3 minute cooldown can be used? thats right, twice!

and two times 5 is....?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkstrider
    It is about dps over a time period of 5 minutes, how many times do you think a 3 minute cooldown can be used? thats right, twice!

and two times 5 is....?
    My statement is still true i didn't realise you were talking about a 5 minute fight though, no need to get catty

A 10 sec increase to your berserk will give you an extra 4 shreds (we regen 10 energy a second and the cost of a shred in berserk is 21 energy, meaning in 10 sec you can get 4 off) if each is doing 10,200 damage that's 40800 damage, however this will not give a 4080 DPS increase, doing 40800 damage in 40 seconds gives 1020 DPS. Saying that you also have to take into account the fact that you have to half the DPS increase over those 10 secs anyway as this is not an extra 10 seconds of DPS rather a extra 10 seconds of half energy cost on your abilities. Meaning without the glyph you would be doing half the damage you would with it, in those 10 seconds(over simplified and not accounting for other glyphs used in place of the berserk one). So overall this will increase your DPS much less than 1020, so its kind of a pointless figure that means nothing. which you calculated wrong in the 1st place

<lighten up on the insults or find yourself with a ban>

My statement is still true i didn't realise you were talking about a 5 minute fight though, no need to get catty

A 10 sec increase to your berserk will give you an extra 4 shreds (we regen 10 energy a second and the cost of a shred in berserk is 21 energy, meaning in 10 sec you can get 4 off) if each is doing 10,200 damage that's 40800 damage, however this will not give a 4080 DPS increase, doing 40800 damage in 40 seconds gives 1020 DPS. Saying that you also have to take into account the fact that you have to half the DPS increase over those 10 secs anyway as this is not an extra 10 seconds of DPS rather a extra 10 seconds of half energy cost on your abilities. Meaning without the glyph you would be doing half the damage you would with it, in those 10 seconds(over simplified and not accounting for other glyphs used in place of the berserk one). So overall this will increase your DPS much less than 1020, so its kind of a pointless figure that means nothing. which you calculated wrong in the 1st place
    The first post of the thread is about a dps test during a 5 minute time period, so i'd assume people in this thread actually read that?

And according to that calculation the glyph of berserk added 40800 damage in those 5 minutes. IF it is exactly 300 seconds. Now, there's only 10 seconds of berserk added in total so that should indeed do a lot less damage. I did not make the calculation at the start of the post, i simply showed that even without calculating all the factors its highly doubtful that the glyph will add 136 dps.

To be honest i assumed you were talking about your own calculations as the numbers you are quoting have nothing to do with the original posters calculations..
    According to his calculations the berserk glyph gave a 207 DPS increase, giving an extra 62100 damage over 5 minutes, not 40800.

Kind of ironic that you post about his calculations being wrong, when you don't even understand them yourself.
    l2think before posting plx.

<Again, lighten up on the insults or find yourself with a ban>

To be honest i assumed you were talking about your own calculations as the numbers you are quoting have nothing to do with the original posters calculations..

According to his calculations the berserk glyph gave a 207 DPS increase, giving an extra 62100 damage over 5 minutes, not 40800.

Kind of ironic that you post about his calculations being wrong, when you don't even understand them yourself.
    l2think before posting plx.
    - 3.1, without 4xT7*, Rip, Shred and SR glyps, using SR at 5cps: 5785dps
    - 3.1, without 4xT7*, Berserk, Shred and SR glyps, using SR at 5cps: 5921dps

I posted my first post early, so didnt have my coffee yet (coffee being my brain's wake-up call)
    Anyhow i forgot to mention what one of his calculations i based my on, and its this one. You went for the first one, but in my opinion this one fits better because its a waste to get 4xt7, since there's better items for like every slot and the set bonus is pretty lackluster. Still the 62100 increased damage on the other calculation makes it even clearer that something must be off, since its basicly 4 extra shreds (or something in that direction) and with 51% crit i dont think that'd do 62100 damage.

Also i'm not trying to flame the original poster, i'm just doubting that its all correct. He's done a good job trying to work it out, but i'd like to know what glyph is exactly best and what rotation he used.

Also, you're saying i'm quoting stuff but i'm not quoting anything of the original poster

I'm merely reacting to your comments for the record

The rip glyph is of course better than the berserk glyph by the way(unless the fight is under 2 minutes long).