Poll: What do you feel if your defense caped already are the best trinkets

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best Tank Trinkets ?

I currently have all 4 trinkets and no idea which ones I should equip the JC one and Stam one from nerub boosts my Stam. The Shield Block on REALLY ups that ..So just seeing what you all feel are the best ones currently or that you use ???
    Pally- Dreamstate - Shu'Halo
    Shaman- Dreamkeeper - Shu'Halo

Re: Best Tank Trinkets ?

I use 2 JC trinkets because I'm too lazy to run AN for the Essence of Gossamer. I think the better combination if you're defense capped would be the dodge JC trinket, and the Essence of Gossamer however.

Usually I use the Jewel crafting trinket and the essence of gossamer. There really isn't much need for anything else besides the Repelling Charge while wearing my frost resist gear. I think for most geared paladin tanks, Lavanthor's Talisman would be a waste since we are more than likely already block capped. If your very close, this would be a nice trinket to use but there are definitely better choices. Hopefully there are going to be some nice avoidance tanking trinkets in Ulduar and that the content is not as easily tanked by stacking stamina.

TY I been using the JC one and Shield block switched it yesterday to The Stam one and JC one but then my raiting on WOW heros went down and said I dont know how to gear my pally and got denied for 25 man Nax - They said I need the shield block and Stam one .. :

essence of Gossamer is 100% best trinket. your second is up to you. I usually switch between my Sonic Booster (86stam Engineer trinket) and the Lavanthor's depending if i need more threat or more sustainability

Nobles deck / agi one for druids .... 390 agi at start of fight ... and next minute again ...

Quote Originally Posted by KinU69
    Nobles deck / agi one for druids .... 390 agi at start of fight ... and next minute again ...
    considering this is the paladin forums this isn't really relevant.

i tought there were only 2 trinkets ingame...

(80ish defense and 80ish dodge ones)

Personally, I'd go for stam anyway, but shouldn't more trinket's be on that list? If I recall correctly there's a couple rather nice trinkets in H Naxx, one that's like 850 armor and nother that's like 90 parry rating or something. Both have great Use abilities too, if I recall correctly, one is about 8% parry on use and the other is 11% dodge on use, can't remember which is which though.

But, personally, I'd go for stam anyway.

he listed those 4 trinkets since he has all 4 and can't decide on which to use.

so yes there are more but he doesnt have them yet.

First off, I'm sorry that my sig doesn't reflect my actual tanking gear/spec. I'm holy for Arenas at the moment. I would say the JC trinket is by far the best tanking trinket at the moment. For pure stam without the need to be a JC, (which combined with BS or Mining are the best combination of tanking professions) Essence of Gossamer is a great trinket. If you are an alchemist, the Indestructible Alchemist's Stone is also very good. +75 Stamina and 50 Dodge, which is a great stat for prot paladins.

I use Essence of Gossmer and switch between Lavinthor's Talisman and sonic booster depends on the situation.
    Make the most of your self, for that's all there is of you.

Thanks everyone for opinions - yes i do know that there are more trinkets these are the ones i have . and not everyone is able to raid heroic nax - Plus ""she "" not he but some people in this game isnt always able to raid and still want the best they can get with what they can do -- again thank you everyone for opinions

Dreamkeeper, it depends on the rest of your gear.

Are you defense capped? If not you need a +def trinket. I recommend Halls of Lightning Normal for Seal of the Pantheon.
    Are you avoidance capped 102% (dodge+block+parry+miss)? If not, Lavanthor's Talisman + Badge trinket.

If you have def and avoidance cap, then go for Essence of Gossamer plus JC crab.

Best trinkets are JC trink, Alchemy Stone (75 stam 50 dodge), Essence of gossamer, Repelling Charge.

Even after you are defense capped defense is still a great stat, adds dodge, parry and miss and if you are like most people you have a bit of dodge already so the diminishing returns on defense will be less than dodge and a lot less than parry.
    PRO TIP: Use your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Golem
    Best trinkets are JC trink, Alchemy Stone (75 stam 50 dodge), Essence of gossamer, Repelling Charge.

Even after you are defense capped defense is still a great stat, adds dodge, parry and miss and if you are like most people you have a bit of dodge already so the diminishing returns on defense will be less than dodge and a lot less than parry.
    People give diminishing returns too much credit. You need a ton of dodge before parry is more worthwhile to stack, and if going for pure avoidance, the same would go for defense rating versus dodge rating. I doubt any class other than druids will ever get such higher dodge that the diminishing returns would result in parry being better.. but they can't parry, so they can't stack parry, and defense rating doesn't give them parry, so it's defense rating for chance to be missed + tiny amount of diminished dodge vs just stacking diminished dodge. Even they will be stacking dodge still.

Personally, the highest gap I've had to test with so far was 9%, having 18% parry and 27% dodge, with that gap, dodge rating still gave substantially more avoidance than parry rating. Maybe if someone manages to get 35% dodge and somehow only have 15% parry or something, it might actually be worthwhile to go with parry. I'm not sure it's even possible to get dodge that high and parry that low, but who knows.

I try to stack defense. It gives only slightly less pure avoidance than Dodge, but it gives block % which is great for a paladin tank.

I use Seal of the Pantheon (until Repelling Charge drops) and Essence of Gossamer. Its going to take a lot to make me drop that combo.

get as much stamina as possible for your trinkets since it ups your hp and threat

I use Essence of Gossamer and Darkmoon: Greatness (Str).

just reading all of this made me sign up and ask you all why the hell your all telling this guy sucky advise,

im a full 25 man pala tank with 30k hp, i think thats perfect high for anything atm. why are you telling this guy to not go on any kind of trinket
    that could possibley help his stats -_- , ok tbh do equip the an heroic trink when we do 3 drakes up , but wtf. ill say this to you dude

stats before hp -_- a tanks job is to mitigate dmg ....... and to the rest of you ... go reroll a druid