Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Priests are so OP in PVP

I have been playing as a priest in s3-4. My highest rating was 2201 in 3v3, guess as? RMP... Yes the combo was overpowered and such, but atm I play 2v2 with a feral druid, and are around the 2k.. 20k hp n 860 resilience..

The thing is, 80% of our looses are because of me running oom. We have innervate, I run around with my 900 mana chance on crit trinket (works great with penance)
    When I am constantly getting punished by hunter, rogue ret paladin dk my mana goes down like fregging wtf fast - my druid spams maim cyclone to keep me alive. Okay I get 10 seconds max of running, and then can do a few seconds of drinking.
    A disc priests survival is fairly high tbh, I have no problem staying alive vs. rogues and dk + ret.. Fury warriors seem to rip me but its oke, can get to much to ask x), Pain Suppression tho! Rogue opens on me, I pop pain supressions and wooh blinded. The problem is just we priests are good, but we're like a instance boss - a meele dps can say " Ow yea, hes dead in 40 seconds. Our mobility is bad, and we got no other mana cooldowns than shadow fiend with 5 min not much compared to divine plea. yeye i know it got the healing reduce, but use it at well times n time it - you wont go oom.
    And bubble, who cares about bubble. Its predictable, n a good pala wont really have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by feepek
    And bubble, who cares about bubble. Its predictable, n a good pala wont really have to use it.
    You see that's the unfortunate side effect, they have bubble but they don't even need to use it. Worst comes to the worst, they have a free trinket at the very least. And with no priest on the opposite team (Or warrior in 3.1) They can heal without trouble from CC, damage, etc. for 12 seconds. Holy shock is just a little OP and with a glyph, (5s CD) a crit with it plus a Flash of light afterwards is just straight back to full health. The problem with nearly all of healing is the inability to interupt casters, if they don't even have to cast, and with silence added to DR...

I have seen some stupid stuff in BG though, like a DISC priest outhealing dps from 4 players, 2xDK, pally, and Surv hunter, but i've seen shamans do the same too, only diffrence is they actualy have to cast and with a well timed interupt you can finish them off no problem, now if only hunters knew that Tranq shot dispelled. Hmmm

Deleted

haha...hahah.....hehehe.......aaaaHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA ;D

disc priest + blood dk hit 2050 rating
    whats the prob?

http://www.wow-annexe.fr/voirvideoj.php?id=307

[blizzquote="Ghostcrawler;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14578688796&pageNo=2#33]Frostmourne is a hunter weapon. True story.[/blizzquote"]

Speaking as a current disc priest who only PVPs, I can confidently say that the ones who complain are either not properly geared/specc'd or they need to learn a pvp style better.

Disc survivability is just fine. I'm at about 700 res, 20k health and don't really have problems staying up. In fact I'm usually top 3 in honor for our team for any given BG. I also tried going shadow - it's more challenging to stay alive but you can come up with some disgusting damage which helps to balance it out.

Priests do have a tougher time b/c the opposing team KNOWS you're the softest and good players will either focus fire you down or double/triple-cc you out of a fight. But, if you have good teammates (often a BIG "if" for alliance) and your cooldowns are up, you should be okay.

People also seem to think that if you can't beatdown a class damage-wise you're not a viable pvp class. The fact is that priests - outside of their healing - will always bring something to the fight. Just like priests are the utility healers in pve, they're the utility players in pvp.

umm, wasnt pretty much every (if not every) single team in the Intel Extreme Masters RMP? Priests must have something over pallies and resto shamans.

altruistic

Quote Originally Posted by JoSchY
    disc priest + blood dk hit 2050 rating
    whats the prob?

http://www.wow-annexe.fr/voirvideoj.php?id=307

Anecdotal evidence guy is anecdotal.

Not that I want to hop on this fail train but I always find it annoying when someone shows up and is like hey guys look there's 1 warlock in the top 100. Obviously the class is fine if that guy could do it (etc etc). The logic is lacking.