Help me and my dps

Hey guys, I've been playing a boomkin for a while now and now have pretty good gear, ive been seeing people in my guild getting huge dps like over 5k etc, i can only just get around 3.8k in 25man naxx on bosses depending on the boss fight. I dont know how im supposed to increase my dps by 1k with the few measly upgrades that are available to me throughout naxx and OS. Im sure my rotation is perfect....is it just boomkins cant get that much dps or what????

This is my armory page: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...emar&n=Catmilk

if anyone could take a look and give me any pointers of increasing my dps i would be grateful

thanks

Re: Help me and my dps

For starters you're a long way over hit cap - 264 is all you need with IFF / Misery. Swap out the gems in your gloves and belt for SP ones. I'd probably also put a purple gem in the leggings to get the socket bonus, but that would leave you at 262. Up to you if you want that very small chance to miss...

Other than that your gear is pretty good. You might want to look into a 1h + off-hand as you'll get more SP that way (ideally Torch of Holy Fire of course), but you'll need to readjust for hit rating if you do get that.

In terms of talents it looks pretty good, but do you really need Dreamstate, Intensity as well as OOC? With your gear you should be able to drop Dreamstate and pick up IFF. While it's mostly redundant if you've got a shadow priest, you still get the 3% crit if you've got a feral druid putting FF up.

Also you should definitely pick up Force of Nature over Typhoon. Typhoon is mostly a PvP talent - very limited usefulness in raids. Force of Nature however can be a huge increase in DPS (each tree hits for about 500-600 with a 1.8s swing timer, so you can get about 24k dmg out of them for a single GCD). They are susceptible to AoE dmg, but not every fight has that - you'll still be able to get good use out of them if you time them properly (ideally get them out just before bloodlust as they'll get the buff as well).

Owlkin Frenzy is another one worth picking up if you've got a point to spare (just one point should be enough). Note that in 3.1 it won't be worth it as it will only apply to physical damage.

Last thing to look at is your rotation. I have no idea what you're doing at the moment, but the 'best' rotation is considered to be:

1. FF, IS, MF
    2. Wrath spam 'til eclipse (reapply DoTs as needed)
    3. SF during eclipse (do NOT reapply DoTs)
    4. SF during eclipse CD (reapply DoTs as needed)
    5. Goto 2

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

I am convinced a big chunk of the difference is our friend lag

This is a problem I have noticed playing Shadow and is something you need to be aware of (I'm going to assume you are around 350ms ping)and I actually started reapplying dots a little early - so it appears they are clipping. if you get it right your DPS goes up. I'm pretty sure you are not actually clipping and in fact getting a extra tic.

I had a discussion with a couple of the Khazuals guys a year or so back so may be worth while heading over to Khaz'g and seeing how thay deal with mr lag - not sure who it is on your server that is worth talking to.

thanks a lot treebird all that sounds real good I've been meaning to change out those hit gems for a while lol i just keep forgetting. Yeah i was tossing up the idea of the trees aswell. Ill make the changes and see how i go but still i doubt this will increase my dps by a huge amount. And yeah thats the rotation im using atm.