Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Power Word: Barrier

I've read some blue stating discipline priests would get a new spell called Power Word: Barrier (i.e. AoE PWS). I've been looking on the PTR's and news posts etc but I haven't found a single thing on it. Was it scrapped or has it yet to come?

Re: Power Word: Barrier

Not implemented in the current build afaik. Ghostcrawler still talks about it, as it's important related to Disciplin mana regen (Rapture).

I think it was scrapped in return for Soul Warding, the one that removes the CD of PW:S and reduces its cost by 30%.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Not implemented in the current build afaik. Ghostcrawler still talks about it, as it's important related to Disciplin mana regen (Rapture).
    how is it important to mana regen? rapture is only for PW:S and has a 12s cd

Soul Warding (the talent in its place) is infinitely better than the gimmick that would have been PW:B.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewarrows
    Soul Warding (the talent in its place) is infinitely better than the gimmick that would have been PW:B.
    I agree.

You probably won't get to see AoE shields in any near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewarrows
    Soul Warding is deffo much better, but it will give us disc priests a very different playstyle.

Thumbs up for Soul Warding, definatly.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

I'd like to see PI go or be base or something in exchange for Barrier. PI just isn't that useful in either aspect honestly (PvE(P)).

@Pewpewarrows: I disagree, I am happy for Soul Warding, but it's definitely not as good as Barrier could've been. First off, Barrier was going to do 5 PW:S in 1 GLOBAL, Soul Warding does make it so you can keep more people shielded, but it's desperation factor just isn't the same. I'd like to see Barrier still get implemented, either baseline or in place of PI, and if possible, see PI get wrapped into PS or something.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rushuna
    I'd like to see PI go or be base or something in exchange for Barrier. PI just isn't that useful in either aspect honestly (PvE(P)).
    I disagree - PI is immensly useful. 20% faster cast times is a flat 20% dps increase for classes like mages and moonkins, and a 20% heal increase for healers besides druids probably. Also in PVP it gives you less chance to be interrupted. On top of that -20% manacost is always funky.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Currently, pre-3.1, with PI you can just cast nonstop and actually gain mana during the effects of PI. Raidbuffed disc priests will have around 24k/25k mana.

Call me dumb, but PI in pvp means faster mana burns and in PVE is just a timed mana reduction effect for our heals + faster casts.

O.T.: I like soul warding more than PW:B. I rather have no CD on my shields so that i could time them, when i want, on multiple targets than to have a 15 seconds weakend soul effect on all my gr, from a shield that can broke after 1 second i cast it.

You can use PI on someone else in PvE, I rarely find myself in need of superfast heals that'd require PI to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    You can use PI on someone else in PvE, I rarely find myself in need of superfast heals that'd require PI to pull it off.
    True that, but better to keep it for yourself ... you never know. :P

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    I think it was scrapped in return for Soul Warding, the one that removes the CD of PW:S and reduces its cost by 30%.
    Removes the cooldown but still keeps Weakened Soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by adalet
    O.T.: I like soul warding more than PW:B. I rather have no CD on my shields so that i could time them, when i want, on multiple targets than to have a 15 seconds weakend soul effect on all my gr, from a shield that can broke after 1 second i cast it.
    No one ever said that Barrier was going to effect Weakened Soul, so you can time your shields, when you want, on multiple targets, at the same time. See what I did there?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    No one ever said that Barrier was going to effect Weakened Soul, so you can time your shields, when you want, on multiple targets, at the same time. See what I did there?
    I barely can imagine that. Let's see, a shield for all group with no "side effect" that can keep it not spamable ? Ok maybe a longer CD, but again i can loose it the first second after it's up.

First of all i'm not the one who's gonna bubble the whole raid and neither i want to be. So kinda useless.

15+ Year Old Account

Personally I would prefer Barrier since, as allready mentioned, its 5 people shielded for 1 gcd - which also means you can shield 5 people and then go back to healing again instead of having to shield a load of people one by one with one global cool down after another which adds to less "healed" overall (imo) due to wasted time. Nomatter if you use barrier or a shield with no cd you have to wait for weakened soul on people (yes, barrier will 99.99% have weakened soul effect ).

+ for sb: Faster shields for raid, but less time to heal the individual

+ for pw:b - more people shielded at once meaning you don't have to worry about a cd, and time for healing your target.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

I'd rather "play" my shields on a maximum of 3 targets thus getting more borrowed time effects. And more mana back.

15+ Year Old Account

You won't get more mana back when rapture effect only works once every 12 seconds.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

As i said with a mana pool of 20k i get 500 mp back. Now my mana pool will increase and sice pw:s talented is like 530+ mp if i get a mana pool of about 24k that means 600 mp refunded. It's a small gain but still a gain.