Shadowform - the easy fix

Why don't they just give shadowpriests form shifting that matches the mana cost of druids? this would solve a bunch of mana issues and give the spriest a lot more versatility

EDIT: pvp fix - wont solve everything, but helps a lot

Re: Shadowform - the easy fix

I don't get it ???

Are you suggesting we drop SF to heal in raids? we can do that now in 10 mans no problem. 4 horseman last week our random pala didn't move and was 1 shotted by the meteor so I solo healed the warrior as he tanked with no mana troubles at all and no brown pants moments.

Mana cost for SF is similar to the Druids Shifting forms

SF: 32% of base mana

Tree of Life: 28% of base mana

Bear & Cat : 35% of base mana

Moonkin : 22% of base mana

They only got a Talent to reduce Manacost....

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    Mana cost for SF is similar to the Druids Shifting forms

SF: 32% of base mana

Tree of Life: 28% of base mana

Bear & Cat : 35% of base mana

Moonkin : 22% of base mana

They only got a Talent to reduce Manacost....
    maybe thats what priests need then - i dont care if its a talent or base mana, my post states that shifting should be reduced

Well, that actually seems like a pretty bad way to try and fix shadow priests. You are basically saying that as a shadow priest, we should be constantly shifting out to heal ourselves instead of being given the ability to deal with melee in shadowform.

Also, I would not want to spend another three talent points to make me better at getting back into shadowform after having to leave it to heal myself. Especially since Druids remove snares when they shift, while we do not.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by nikstykal
    Why don't they just give shadowpriests form shifting that matches the mana cost of druids? this would solve a bunch of mana issues and give the spriest a lot more versatility

EDIT: pvp fix - wont solve everything, but helps a lot
    The idea is stupid, to say it bluntly. Also, if you want to have that "versatility", use Inner Focus to shift back into the shadowform. However, any shadow priest that thinks they're going to heal in any of the instances would get instant kick from the raid from me since shadow priest is there to dps and not to heal, unless encounters are so specific that a hybrid is required to help out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    The idea is stupid, to say it bluntly. Also, if you want to have that "versatility", use Inner Focus to shift back into the shadowform. However, any shadow priest that thinks they're going to heal in any of the instances would get instant kick from the raid from me since shadow priest is there to dps and not to heal, unless encounters are so specific that a hybrid is required to help out a bit.
    why would i suggest this as a raid change... you even quoted where i said this was a pvp fix

mana cost to go into shadowform but not to drop shadowform could make sense imo

Quote Originally Posted by Dekool
    yeah im just saying this would be a nice luxury to know that throwing out a few heals wouldnt hurt, it might not solve much but when you get off a full duration fear and have time for a greater heal the mana you would save would be valuable

Inner Focus, there you go.
    You shouldn't be healing more than once or twice a match anyway. You might as well spec Discipline then.

why would i suggest this as a raid change... you even quoted where i said this was a pvp fix
    Because asking for cheaper shadowform so you can pop out and heal in pvp is borderline retarded. I'll explain why.

1) You're there to dps
    2) If they focus you, you cannot heal since you cannot escape
    3) Shadowform cost is the least of your problems if you have people humping on you

Asking to make sp similar to druid form switching is like asking to make paladins similar to cat dps druids, it absolutely makes no sense.

And another thing - as sp, you have 3 ways of regening mana, and you're probably the last one to run out of it in arena environment. However, you'll die in 10 seconds so it doesn't matter.

yeah im just saying this would be a nice luxury to know that throwing out a few heals wouldnt hurt, it might not solve much but when you get off a full duration fear and have time for a greater heal the mana you would save would be valuable

Ok. Shadowform does not cost any mana to shift out of. It only costs mana to shift into. So this is already in the game. And clearly it is not a fix for anything or as helpful as you think, because you did not even know this.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.