Thread: VS Deathknight

VS Deathknight

Hi, i just met a nice Deathknight who ganked me repeatedly and i wonder if there is any possible way that a priest is able to kill a deathknight? I´m disc pvp spec and i live quite a while, but is there a way to actually beat him? I can barely outheal his DPS but there is no time for casting any spells on him besides the 2 dots... which are not really enough for his 20k hitpoints and selfheals...

so is there some kind of strategy to beat him, or is it a gear question? or isn´t it possible to win anyways and i shouldn´t even try and just afk?

Re: VS Deathknight

its possible... keep your fears going, ps and pi when you need to and keep abolish disease ticking... between penance, holy fire, smite/MB and dots, youll wear him down

I'd say after you get the fear off, try and stay out of range of chains of ice as long as possible, make sure your topped up and bubbled when he catches you, (repeat, repeat, repeat) and spend a few hours kiting him with dots until he dies.

Good Luck.

(I don't play priest but i do play DK as a main nowadays... so that's all i can give you.)

Oh, and there's always the strangulate and the AMS he can pop on you if he gets bored of all that kiting jazz.

Oh, and Deathgrip.

...Actually, i think your pretty fucked.

Keep in mind that you can shackle his pet ghoul as well.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Keep in mind, if he/she has Lichborne, you're screwed XD

Unless you notice him/her use it and shackle him/her instead of fear :P

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Doyle
    Hi, i just met a nice Deathknight who ganked me repeatedly and i wonder if there is any possible way that a priest is able to kill a deathknight? I´m disc pvp spec and i live quite a while, but is there a way to actually beat him? I can barely outheal his DPS but there is no time for casting any spells on him besides the 2 dots... which are not really enough for his 20k hitpoints and selfheals...

so is there some kind of strategy to beat him, or is it a gear question? or isn´t it possible to win anyways and i shouldn´t even try and just afk?
    What specc did the dk have?
    When I was disc on bgs for a while I feared, dots, penance, holy fire, healed myself and ofcourse abolish disease is good. There isn't really much a dk can do. If the dk's unholy the goul can be a bit annoying, but there's always the possibility to try and shackle it.

If there's a class that has a healthy chance of beating a DK 1v1, it's an offensive Disc priest. Just pump him with everything you have while staying alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea
    What specc did the dk have?
    When I was disc on bgs for a while I feared, dots, penance, holy fire, healed myself and ofcourse abolish disease is good. There isn't really much a dk can do. If the dk's unholy the goul can be a bit annoying, but there's always the possibility to try and shackle it.
    don´t know i just hit 80 a week ago and i don´t know much about DKs except that i don´t like them ^^
    i think he used blood strike and he summoned a ghoul and a gargoyle... he basically did nothing but chain freezing me and blood strike... main problem was that i just didn´t have enough mana to keep me alive and damage him at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    If there's a class that has a healthy chance of beating a DK 1v1, it's an offensive Disc priest. Just pump him with everything you have while staying alive.
    Ret and Prot Paladins
    Feral Druids
    Hunters (esp Surv)

They'd all have a better chance of beating a DK than a Disc Priest. A few other classes do decently against them as well.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

Just keep in mind, if you play too defensively his selfhealing will outdo your damage and you'll end up losing on mana. Play aggressively.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

Remove his diseases, shackle his ghoul, and run away from his Gargoyle.

Getting enough time to spam smite is unlikely, but depending on his gear it's possible.
    He'll have to blow every single CD to kill you either way.

If he has the ghoul up fear him shackle the ghoul, put your dots on him (sw and dp) holy fire/penance him (smite is not an option cuz it's kinda slow cast) and start kiting. If he deathgrips you fear him again, holy nova can help and don't forget to abolish diseases, this way maybe you get lucky and kill him.

Smite with Power Infusion and haste gear = pew pew.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Smite with Power Infusion and haste gear = pew pew.
    He barely hit 80 afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    Keep in mind, if he/she has Lichborne, you're screwed XD

Unless you notice him/her use it and shackle him/her instead of fear :P
    The icon is pretty obvious, a giant glowing floating lich head above their own head
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.