Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shadow-PVE-Gems: Go all out on 19sp?

Guys on my gear i got straight 19 spell power gems , and three +32 spell power gems from JC.... i'm using Ember Skyflare Diamond so it can be active with the red gems.

I am at 2208 spell power with inner fire ( 2034 completely unbuffed) 21% crit with the talent and like 20hit rating undercaped which can easily be fixed with an item change.... so i propose full +19 spell power gems cause the difference between 21% and 22% crit for instance ain't as big as the difference between 2k and 2.1k spell power

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

I put potent monarch topaz in the T7 gloves because a 0.8 PP loss for shadow is worth it to be best in slot for discipline as well IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis
    Guys on my gear i got straight 19 spell power gems , and three +32 spell power gems from JC....i'm using Ember Skyflare Diamond so it can be active with the red gems.
    WRONG META GEM!

Go get the Chaotic Skyflare Diamond, it's MUCH MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by nikari
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...eaver&n=Nikari

currently how i have my stuff gemed could change after patch.
    You should put the JC Gem in your hands not into ur head. U would get 6 crit instead of 2mp5

I know that wont change much but i had to say it xD

Glyph of Shadow is ~100% active with my actual crit rate (18%+4% = 22%) and we get ALOT Crit in a Raid.

Since we dont use sw:d on cooldown, imp Spirit Tab ist not that often up. I do have a ~50% Crit chance with Mind Blast( avg out of some wws) so imp Spirit should be ~70% up ( theoretical) Every 5.5s Mindblast = every 11s a procc which last 8s (100/11*8=72%) But in practise its maybe max 50% up i guess :>

With 3.1 if Shadowpower includes Dot = 200% Dotcrits, crit will be more pp than 0.62. means that crit will be definitive better than haste if its isnt now.
    And CSD will be always better than ESD(it isnt now, under 4k DPS, ESD is better than CSD)

yeah i know about my gem lostprophet i tend to use my jc gems in pennants cloak / chest / neck. but the crap cape never drops =( and im just plain lazy to do the daily to switch it to gloves.

i think we still need some haste even with the 200% bounus to dots so we can do 2 MF's evry MB cause no matter what stat you choose you stack 1 very high the dmg per point in the other stat is alot higher although i hope we can just face roll our gear / gems for just crit in ulduar but who knows. GC said our 4 piece is going to be sweet i wonder what it is.

For those JC's using 3 of the 32sp gems you know those are prismatic and will count towards activating any meta gem u may have.. so all of your other gems can be whatever u want, 19sp or 9sp/8crit....

and tsk tsk on you skully for having 2 8hit/12stam gems

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    WRONG META GEM!

Go get the Chaotic Skyflare Diamond, it's MUCH MUCH better.
    actually the difference is almost unnoticeable until you get up to around the 4500+ dps benchmark at which point chaotic starts to pull ahead. this is one reason dots are going to be able to crit, btw.

and ALWAYS go for SP. Haste is worthless unless you're hitting benchmarks with it (i.e. 4 GCDs in between mind blasts) and you get 18% crit just from raidbuffs at which point you're gonna start to see more and more diminishing returns from crit. Gem for hit if it matches the slot and you're below the cap, otherwise gem pure SP unless the socket bonus is really fantastic and it's a yellow. the shadowpriest.com BRGA thread is very close to real values no matter what gear you're rocking.