Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Whats the best professions for a SP?

Quote Originally Posted by lariotone
    I would wait with dropping tailoring untill the math on the proc is in.
    250sp is quite alot.
    Yes its better than other in the current state. 250SP per procc --> 15s duration --> it seems to have an 45s iCD(i tested on ptr) and it procc nearly by 90% one a cast... so we can say its 1/3 time up..... 250/3 = 83.3 SP.. <3 Ok i know 83sp is just theoretical, would be ~70SP passive -24haste (24/0,62) = ~55 PP

Blizz has been quite vocal in posting they considered the profession BOP bonuses in BC a big mistake, and will not repeat it.

They normalized most of the profession bonuses for wotlk. There were a few exceptions, like the leatherworking fur lining for stam. People speculated they'll add a competitive Enchanting bracer enchant so leatherworking doesn't provide a bonus for tanking vs other professions...and voila we have exactly that. Now Leatherworking = mining exactly for stam bonus for tanks.

If this tailoring proc is exceptionally powerful...i'd expect it to be nerfed. Perhaps not in 3.1 but probably by 3.1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifelheim
    Im thinking of change my professions. I have tailor and herb atm, and none of em is DPS boosting what I can see. But I want some more DPS boosting profs, and thinking of:
    JC for the good gems and that I can use what meta gem I want.
    Alch for 4hours flask and 164SP instead of the 125 I get normaly.

What do u guys think of that? Or should I get enchanting or something like that instead? Thanks in advance.

And sorry for the bad english :-*
    You could take almost any profession tbh.

BS: Some extra gear sockets
    Jc: Imba gems
    Ench: 2x Ring enchant
    Inscrip: Imba shoulder enchant
    Lw: nice bracer enchancement stuff.
    Tailoring: cloak enchancement stuff.
    alchemy: increased flask duration and extra bonus to the flasks power.
    herb: self heal :P (neh this is a gathering thing, nothing else).
    mining / skinning are gathering stuff as well but give a small bonus to stamina or crit rating.

So in the end it is all up to you.

I have always had Tailoring and Enchanting on my priest and will never change it. Got both professions over 95% completed now and it would be a shame to throw it away now :P.

I am on 445 Tailoring... I created about 10!! Frost Bags(it green) and got not a single point...
    Wisp & Deathchill cloak doesnt want anyone

Enchanting is easy... I am on 460/460 for quite a long time :/

I expect a nerf to the Tailor procc... to be equal to others 39*3 = 117 means ~150SP procc would be ok..

Since the embroidery is a proc, it can just fine be significant better than the passive bonuses. This is because the uptime is random, and you can't necessary utilize it perfectly.

I don't see a problem with tailoring getting a better embroidery, the current ones are utterly shit, and almost every single of our casters/healers/dps rolled Jewelcrafting and Inscription/Enchanting.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Since the embroidery is a proc, it can just fine be significant better than the passive bonuses.
    This is because the uptime is random, and you can't necessary utilize it perfectly.

I don't see a problem with tailoring getting a better embroidery, the current ones are utterly shit, and almost every single of our casters/healers/dps rolled Jewelcrafting and Inscription/Enchanting.
    Most procs these days have 45s cooldown, and 50-100% chance to proc. So more predictable than random. And IMHO, 250 spellpower proc on 45s cooldown would be IMMENSLY overpowered. Like others said that would basically amount to something like ~75 spellpower on the cloak, which is insane.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Yeah procs like that are usually predictable and you can figure out how much it turns out to be "over time" like Aether did above me. When you do that you can then compare them to static bonuses.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Most procs these days have 45s cooldown, and 50-100% chance to proc. So more predictable than random. And IMHO, 250 spellpower proc on 45s cooldown would be IMMENSLY overpowered. Like others said that would basically amount to something like ~75 spellpower on the cloak, which is insane.
    and why would that be overpowered?

a BS / JC caster will have 3 extra gem slots and can put 3x32 spellpower in it. 96 spellpower.
    If i am not mistaken the inscrip bonus on shoulders is almost 50 spellpower as well.
    LW bracer enhancement are around 40 spellpower.
    Enchanting has 2 x ring enchant (cant remember how much it is atm).
    So why wouldnt get tailoring get a usefull self only thing?

75 spellpower isnt even that much, i would rather have it in crit / haste as a bonus.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    and why would that be overpowered?

a BS / JC caster will have 3 extra gem slots and can put 3x32 spellpower in it. 96 spellpower.
    BS has 2 extra slots. Put 2x19 Spellpower in it and you get... +38 Spellpower!
    JC has 3 JC gems: 3x32 Spellpower - 3x19 Spellpower that you could have normally... +39 Spellpower!

If i am not mistaken the inscrip bonus on shoulders is almost 50 spellpower as well.
    Inscription has 63 Spellpower on shoulders. You normally have 24. 63 - 24 is... tada! 39 extra Spellpower!

LW bracer enhancement are around 40 spellpower.
    LW has 64 Spellpower on bracers. Usually you have 30. So 34 extra spellpower there.

Enchanting has 2 x ring enchant (cant remember how much it is atm).
    2x19SP = 38SP extra.

So why wouldnt get tailoring get a usefull self only thing?

75 spellpower isnt even that much, i would rather have it in crit / haste as a bonus.
    You can have 23 haste on cloak. 75 Spellpower is FREAKINGLY more than ~38 more spellpower that you usually get by having a profession. I do not know of a single class that uses spellpower that would value haste more than raw spellpower.

I won't even start talking about engineering...
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

In a perfect world with complete uptime at every cd, the new cloak enchant provides the equivalent of 83 spellpower.

That said, uptime will never be 100% either due to the 50% proc chance or movement of a fight. Due to the nature of procs, it's impossible to plan around so it's understandable if it's slightly more powerful than other enchants.

Also, keep in mind that the other professions get ~38 spellpower normalized against the current enchants. Jewelcrafting for instance gains 39 spellpower over the current 19 spellpower gems. You aren't looking at the 3x32 spellpower gems and saying that JCs get 96 extra spellpower, are you? That means that the 83 spellpower is, in reality closer to ~55 after you normalize the value of the 23 haste enchant.

I do think that it's currently a little over budget and I wouldn't be surprised to see it drop a little bit either in proc chance or amount of spellpower, but it's not as absurd right now as everyone is making it out to be and the nerf doesn't need to be very severe.

Quote Originally Posted by wayth
    You aren't looking at the 3x32 spellpower gems and saying that JCs get 96 extra spellpower, are you? That means that the 83 spellpower is, in reality closer to ~55 after you normalize the value of the 23 haste enchant.
    Indeed.

I wish people would stop doing these horrible comparisons, thinking themselves smarter than Blizzard. Try have a little faith in the makers got a clue what they are doing.

The only "must have" profession is Jewelcrafting, due to prismatic gems (socket bonuses, and no need for blue gems!)

15+ Year Old Account

I wish people would stop doing these horrible comparisons, thinking themselves smarter than Blizzard. Try have a little faith in the makers got a clue what they are doing.
    *cough* engineering *cough*

Engineering is a PvP profession. I'd say they made a exception with it.

And the headpieces aren't that bad, it's just because WotLK content is so easy to faceroll, that there is less focus on them.

Think TBC

15+ Year Old Account

Engineering is a PvP profession. I'd say they made a exception with it.
    Not anymore its not. The bombs are shitty. The trinkets are shitty. Helms are replaced in 10 man Naxx. Granted there are no upgrades to the current helms & hopefully there will be cause atm engineering is a stupid profession to have (and it makes me sad that I kept that with my shaman) unless you want to have 2 more mounts than anyone else can gets...which you could take up tailoring to get the same results.

As for people saying how JC gets 39 extra SP when the reality is they get 59 (3x32 sp compared to 1x 19sp 2x 9sp 8spirit).

15+ Year Old Account

Crap, I forgot where I was going for that last post.

With the current profession perks, JC & either inscription or BS is still going to be your best bets for professions. Possibly with 3.1 tailoring will be best (hoping to god this is true because I still refuse to give up my tailoring & enchanting with my priest since I've had them for 4 years now & have all the pre-BC and BC crap known including the old Naxx patterns).