Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    MuTe

Re: Emblem of Conquest Loot and PTR Testing Schedule

Maybe hitrating is getting removed from game? Hunters need a 295.11 HR vs raid bosses, and 163.95 HR vs lvl 80 players. PVP gear has absolutly 0 hitrating at the Deadly gladiator set, while in TBC u could reach the cap by having the full set. Dont know why they removed it on this seasons set really.

Also i think its pretty hard to cap hitrating with pve gears, unless u sacrifice alot of crit/haste for it. Hitrating is just another RNG when its not capped, and i though Blizzard didnt like that anymore?

So, any news on Impact getting removed from mage fire tree? It's just as much RNG stun as Blackout was.

15+ Year Old Account

Any news on tier class distribution?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus
    exactly! 1 Tier higher.. 10man Ulduar ilvl equals to 25man Naxx, and 25man Ulduar is 1 ilvl Tier higher than Naxx 25. And ofc the endboss will be ilvl 226 in 10man, and ilvl 239 (?) in 25man.... can't wait to see THOSE items. :

but back to "topic"... I don't think anyone will be upgrading from 5man heroic rewards to 25man Ulduar rewards... but good luck, if you trying it!
    Don't forget that 11 of the bosses will have hard modes that most likely will drop items one tier above their usual loot. In other words a lot of the bosses in 25-man Ulduar will drop ilvl 239 loot if you do them on hard. And if Yogg-Saron have a hard mode he will probably drop some ilvl 252 items.

And I guess it is the same for 10-man.

Note that I said 'probably' as I have no clue how it will be... just making a qualified guess.

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee
    Just to be clear, there seems to be a lot of confused people over the very linear (increments of 13 iLvl's per tier) method of itemisation in WotLK.

Wayward Tiered set will need to be added to the Valor Emblem Vendor.
    Not necessarily. With Valor you can obtain a tier shoulder + pants, and by pugging Ulduar-25 you would be able to get a chest + headpiece of said shoulder/pants same ilvl, making for 4/5 of your pieces easily covered.

Edit: It's fairly safe to assume that the 'hard' bosses like Yogg-Sarron and that 'Stargazer-dude' will be the ones dropping a singleton chest and head token on normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by MuTe
    Maybe hitrating is getting removed from game? Hunters need a 295.11 HR vs raid bosses, and 163.95 HR vs lvl 80 players. PVP gear has absolutly 0 hitrating at the Deadly gladiator set, while in TBC u could reach the cap by having the full set. Dont know why they removed it on this seasons set really.

Also i think its pretty hard to cap hitrating with pve gears, unless u sacrifice alot of crit/haste for it. Hitrating is just another RNG when its not capped, and i though Blizzard didnt like that anymore?
    Uh, QQ much? PVP gear has plenty of hit rating.

Deadly ring, neck, and cloak all have hit rating (38 each). You also get hit rating from your weapon chain, that's 142. Use either a Surge Needle Ring or Accuracy (25 hit) on your other weapon and that's 174/167 and you're at the cap.

If you can't cap in PVE gear, well then I dunno what to say. In the worst case scenario, use the PVP gear I talked about and spec Focused Aim, there's your 8%. You're wrong about that PVE cap, the miss chance is 8% against +3 mobs now (not 9%), it lowered by 1% from BC->Wrath.

5% is hardly "alot" (sic) of sacrifice to make, and it's misleading to say that in the first place. 1) Everyone sacrifices it, you're not special. 2) The way itemization works, you get more total if you split the item points on a single piece into many different stats.

No, Blizzard is fine with RNG, please read the Blue posts. They just don't like RNG that decided the outcome of an arena match in a single roll, which in their eyes is random stun procs.

They WANT some RNG to stay in the game, like crits. Hit is basically the same thing as crit (100%->200% damage on any single crit from crit rating and 0%->100% damage on any single hit from hit rating), so no, it's retarded to suggest they make all classes have 100% hit in PVP and against boss mobs.

I notice you QQ a lot, normally it doesn't bother me b/c the changes you're complaining about ARE ridiculous, but this is a little over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï
    Not necessarily. With Valor you can obtain a tier shoulder + pants, and by pugging Ulduar-25 you would be able to get a chest + headpiece of said shoulder/pants same ilvl, making for 4/5 of your pieces easily covered.

Edit: It's fairly safe to assume that the 'hard' bosses like Yogg-Sarron and that 'Stargazer-dude' will be the ones dropping a singleton chest and head token on normal mode.
    huh? What does pugging Ulduar 25 (lol @ that btw) have to do with Valor badges? Ulduar 25 drops Conquest badges, AND Ulduar 25 drops a totally different tier and item level than Valor badges. Ulduar 25 = Badges of Conquest = ilvl 226 T8. Valor = ilvl 213 T7 and ilvl213 T8.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

When you bring up your talent screen, there is now option not only for your 2nd spec, but something called "Pet talents" too - which might be a great thing for hunters :P I'll post a SS a bit later

Edit: SS

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvae
    Some days I really wonder if blizzard even remember that elemental shaman exist when it comes to itemization.
    qft

Same shit, different patch... *yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    huh? What does pugging Ulduar 25 (lol @ that btw) have to do with Valor badges? Ulduar 25 drops Conquest badges, AND Ulduar 25 drops a totally different tier and item level than Valor badges. Ulduar 25 = Badges of Conquest = ilvl 226 T8. Valor = ilvl 213 T7 and ilvl213 T8.
    And you can apparently buy T8 chest and headpiece for CONQUEST tokens, hence 'by pugging Ulduar-25'.

Reading comprehension, it's something awesome. :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio
    When you bring up your talent screen, there is now option not only for your 2nd spec, but something called "Pet talents" too - which might be a great thing for hunters :P I'll post a SS a bit later

Edit: SS

That pet talent tab has been there for hunters since the wotlk pre-patch.

Must be a bug that its showing for others.

And you can apparently buy T8 chest and headpiece for CONQUEST tokens, hence 'by pugging Ulduar-25'.

Reading comprehension, it's something awesome. :-*
    I think he was laughing at the fact people think they will be able to pug Ulduar 25 as easy as Naxxrazhan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    I think he was laughing at the fact people think they will be able to pug Ulduar 25 as easy as Naxxrazhan.
    There's various degrees of the term 'pugging', despite popular stigmatization.

There's various degrees of the term 'pugging', despite popular stigmatization.
    Please enlighten me.

As far as im aware, Pug = Pick Up Group.

A group of random players who very rarely, if at all, play together and therefore have no synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    You will be able to PuG Ulduar. Blizzard's idea for this instance being tough is that it will be a higher learning curve than it was going from heroics to Naxx and for hardcore raiders is doing hard mode bosses, that is it. They never said it would be impossible and it is in their interest to keep the large number of casual people running the new content.

If you can stay hitcapped despite the new item (assuming 18/53/0 Fireball) *and* do not need the T7 Set-Bonus anymore the Leggings+Gloves
    will be a slight increase in dps (10-30 dps increase). If your equip is in a range where T7 Set-Bonus is still a factor OR you still need the +hit,
    then the new items are definitely a downgrade (Malygos-Belt -> Badge-Waist is a downgrade, T7 Legs->Badge Legs = +10 dps if you do not
    count in T7 4-Set, if you count it in, it is -dps, same about T7 Hands, just +19 dps this time, Neck is -dps compared with Malygos Quest Reward).
    The new Craftables are a bit better.Crafted Belt is Malygos-Belt+9 dps, Crafted Boots are actually quite good, they are Loatheb-Boots+50 dps.
    The question is: If the stuff is "mostly worthless" while you still equip Valorous T7, won't it be even more worthless once you have access to T8?
    Somebody got a Dark Intent and a Focus Magic for Tarecgosa and me? ;-)

15+ Year Old Account

Where o where is Savage Defend. My druid is standing idling around in Dalaran doing nothing..

I wanna test thedruid tanking changes...
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

I am actually curious about something. I was reviewing the new gear and items that is coming out for 3.1 and I noticed that all the gear for spellcasters has spell power/damage and spell haste. I am beginning to wonder if Blizzard is phasing out spell hit and spell crit on items all together. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Correction: The new caster belt and caster legs have spell crit on them. But again, it seem the majority of the new gear is favoring spell haste.
    Work in Progress....

Quote Originally Posted by Mistrblank
    You will be able to PuG Ulduar. Blizzard's idea for this instance being tough is that it will be a higher learning curve than it was going from heroics to Naxx and for hardcore raiders is doing hard mode bosses, that is it. They never said it would be impossible and it is in their interest to keep the large number of casual people running the new content.

I am sure there still will be alot of self-centered guilds out there that will only go with their people and not have to pug spots in their raids. But I am also sure for the rest of the WoW community, you will still be able to go to Dalaran and the other cities and see people LFG for Ulduar.
    Work in Progress....

MuTe

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    Uh, QQ much? PVP gear has plenty of hit rating.

Deadly ring, neck, and cloak all have hit rating (38 each). You also get hit rating from your weapon chain, that's 142. Use either a Surge Needle Ring or Accuracy (25 hit) on your other weapon and that's 174/167 and you're at the cap.

If you can't cap in PVE gear, well then I dunno what to say. In the worst case scenario, use the PVP gear I talked about and spec Focused Aim, there's your 8%. You're wrong about that PVE cap, the miss chance is 8% against +3 mobs now (not 9%), it lowered by 1% from BC->Wrath.

5% is hardly "alot" (sic) of sacrifice to make, and it's misleading to say that in the first place. 1) Everyone sacrifices it, you're not special. 2) The way itemization works, you get more total if you split the item points on a single piece into many different stats.

No, Blizzard is fine with RNG, please read the Blue posts. They just don't like RNG that decided the outcome of an arena match in a single roll, which in their eyes is random stun procs.

They WANT some RNG to stay in the game, like crits. Hit is basically the same thing as crit (100%->200% damage on any single crit from crit rating and 0%->100% damage on any single hit from hit rating), so no, it's retarded to suggest they make all classes have 100% hit in PVP and against boss mobs.

I notice you QQ a lot, normally it doesn't bother me b/c the changes you're complaining about ARE ridiculous, but this is a little over the top.

Define the difference between QQ and stating an opinion. Imo QQ = complaining about other classes, and calling out nerf. What i am doing is giving my opinion about my own class.
    Now about hitrate on PVP gear, i never had to choose between Hit or Crit. Both were represented since seasons 3 and 4 on PVP gear, so in that case i now do have to sacrifice stats in order to cap. And other classes will also, but thats besides the point, and i havent said they didnt.

In TBC i had a crit chance of 42% and hit capped as BM with at the end of S4 with maxed out PVP gear. Now im at 36% crit at maxed out Deadly gear, and are hit capped thx to Focused aim and Accuracy on 2 handers. But im Survival specced now wich gives some extra crit chance. As BM i have a 32% crit chance, thats 10% less then i was as lvl 70. The burst has gone up, and hp didnt scale well with that in arena. Blizzard stated the next season HP will scale more, and burst will go down. PVP gear will become better, and weapons are comparable to Ulduar weapons. This give me the impression that they are trying to fix the flaw by just sitting the current mistake out, and wait for the next season.

Most top rated hunters are Naxx geared, and barerly wear resilience. PVE gear has more hit rate on them, and if you do arena in it you dont need that much as you just stated. The miss chance is not 8% but 8.something %, and 9 to be sure u are capped. I dont mind not being capped. I was merely stating that pvp gear has bad itemization, plus the fact there are no weapons available at savage/hatefull level, and even deadly arent competitive compared to raid weapons.

Doesnt RNG on crit / hit decide the outcome of a match? When i miss my killshot, i believe it does. Same with the fact if it crits or not. This was not a QQ, just an opinion and a personal obervation from playing arena at high ratings wearing PVP gear.

Holy crap, is that DPS neck with strength?

Thank you Blizzard, for doing the right thing. Pallies/DKs/Warriors everywhere thank you.