[Alchemy] Endless Rage Potion

I talked to a GM the other day, asking for their opinion on a suggestion. They said GM's are not allowed to give their opinions on any suggestions given to them by players directly, and proceeded to direct me to the suggestion forum. I said, "Ok, well here's my idea..."

Endless Rage Potion
    Req Alchemy (400)
    Req lvl 80

Grants 20-35 rage.
    "Sanctioned for Arenas."

Same cooldown as the other endless potions, well all pots. Mats would be 20 Mighty Rage Potions, 20 Fireleaf, 1 Enchanted Vial. This would not only spur interest in different proffesion choice combos, as well as help warriors in moments of needing a quick up. Could be applied to tanking, to pvp.

The GM then responds, "You have two options on how to handle this. You can go on the forums, or I can have you sign a legal statement to Blizzard with you having to agree to the terms listed. Then, it will be sent straight to the developers." I figured it would be a fax, but the GM copied pasted the contract in game. Fairly awesome, with a hint of neato.

But Honestly, the other endless potions give a minor heal/mana replenish, brought up to the level of a Runic Healing/Mana Potion by the trinket. I would like to see one for rage as nothing new and improved has come out since the Mighy Rage Potion from Vanilla WoW. For the record (my 2 seconds of qq), farming Gromsblood for those is a real pain, especially when I could be doing so much more..like write a book, compose a symphony, finish college.. =D

Your thought's?

Re: [Alchemy] Endless Rage Potion

I thing the amount of Rage it gives you is too high, Have a look at the Endless Mana Pot
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43570
    400 - 600
    Having 10k mana, this is about 4-6 %...

So 5-10 Rage would be more comparative...

[blizzquote="Ghostcrawler;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14578688796&pageNo=2#33]Frostmourne is a hunter weapon. True story.[/blizzquote"]

Yet if you look at the health pot, it restores about 2150 health.. Realistically, a fair vailue would be 15-25 rage.

No ... its not at all. 15-25 rage v. the amount of health/mana kicked back by others? This would prompt wayy to many changes. This is the difference between rage oom and an execute ... I dont think 400-600 mana for any class could pull off a finisher while oom. Comparing a defensive health pot to an offensive resource regenerator is hardly a match. Not to mention even 2k health doesnt match up to 1 special attack a warrior coudl get off. This idea fails miserably ... next is a new Thistle Tea sanctioned for arena's so rogues can get off 2 5pt combo's before we get un-stunned and runic power pots so a DK can get another death coil off as I run away... It's thinking like this that has gotten the Arena system to where it is now (BURST BURST BURST OMG OMG OMG DEAD DEAD DEAD).

tbh who has 10k mana nowadays lol.....pally tanks rofl well that dont really count :P
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by JoSchY
    I thing the amount of Rage it gives you is too high, Have a look at the Endless Mana Pot
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43570
    400 - 600
    Having 10k mana, this is about 4-6 %...

So 5-10 Rage would be more comparative...
    5-10 rage isnt going to really do anything for a warrior/druid, you cant really look at in terms of overall % since rage works completely different than mana, and the uses of it are much different. mana users dont have abilities that take 30/40/50% of their mana in a single hit. i think 25-30 or even 20-25 rage is a good amount, enough for a tank to pop for a quick pick up and threat, but not so much that its going to change to tide of a fight.
    Wow account disabled, waiting for D3!

Quote Originally Posted by Orcan
    5-10 rage isnt going to really do anything for a warrior/druid, you cant really look at in terms of overall % since rage works completely different than mana, and the uses of it are much different. mana users dont have abilities that take 30/40/50% of their mana in a single hit. i think 25-30 or even 20-25 rage is a good amount, enough for a tank to pop for a quick pick up and threat, but not so much that its going to change to tide of a fight.
    Exactly. The Endless potions were created with the purpose of them being used with the trinket, giving 40% extra for healing and mana pots. You cannot try to scale health & mana to rage on a flat tax rate. And there is no trinket to increase rage from potions by 40%, nor are you able to use any potion after that one you just used for rage until the end of combat.

Spiritus: And when a shadow priest jumps into shadow form, they dont lose 75-90% of their mana. It's fun to play a warrior..try it sometime. Try being rage starved in Arena where no one looks at you until at least one of your teammates is dead.

To bring it to the Point I was pointing at:
    The Endless Mana Pot is petty much USELESS unless your Healing...
    And since Im playing DD/DD combo in 2s... I better use my Pot-CD for Healing then for an ridiculous amount of Mana...
    So why should it be more suitable for Warriors?

You say we gain an amount of Mana... thats correct.
    BUT the amount is, as I already said, ridiculous.
    So when you want your Rage-Pot, youll also get an ridiculous amount of Rage...
    Thats how I see it...

And when you say you dont gain enough Rage then thing about your gameplay...

[blizzquote="Ghostcrawler;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14578688796&pageNo=2#33]Frostmourne is a hunter weapon. True story.[/blizzquote"]

I've found endless mana pot useful as feral, when you are OOM, pop the pot and it will allow once isntant change back to cat/bear.

Otherwise I have no use for these pots.

Quote Originally Posted by JoSchY
    To bring it to the Point I was pointing at:
    The Endless Mana Pot is petty much USELESS unless your Healing...
    And since Im playing DD/DD combo in 2s... I better use my Pot-CD for Healing then for an ridiculous amount of Mana...
    So why should it be more suitable for Warriors?

You say we gain an amount of Mana... thats correct.
    BUT the amount is, as I already said, ridiculous.
    So when you want your Rage-Pot, youll also get an ridiculous amount of Rage...
    Thats how I see it...

And when you say you dont gain enough Rage then thing about your gameplay...

The whole point of the Endless Potion is so you don't have to make a ton of potions for yourself (not the best quality, but endless.) A perk for being an alchemist. The mana potion (I agree is too low) was meant to be used with the trinket, which has abso-freakin-lutely nothing to do with rage (comparing fluctuating mana pools ranging from 10-20k to a concrete 100 rage bar is starting to become irritating in its ridiculousness). With every profession, most of their items/abilities have been recycled and scaled from Vanilla with a few new additions along the way. All I'm saying is what happened to rage potions? There was never a rogue combo point potion, nor anything for runic power in vanilla (der..), but there were 3 different pots for rage. I will use your own arguement. You would use the healing pot over the mana one as the mana one is too low and not as useful to you as the healing one. Why would I want a very low heal when I can better utilize that pot-use with a rage potion?

And I am not inclining, "I have no rage, mewhaaah! This has to be added as it is whithout a doubt needed, mewhaah!" Because it is not a neccessity, it is what's nice about having the profession. Perks. And it is not like every warrior and their stepdad are going to retrain Alchemy overnight as there are plenty of other professions with incentives to choose from. This just stirs up the job-combo pot.

And my rage generation is just dandy tyvm. Prot (pvp-wise) is a lil' different than Fury or Arms. ::Gently pats JoSchy::

You might got me wrong, im not against the Idee to revive Rage-Pots.
    Also the amount you suggestet is ok for me if it is for PvE.
    But imo in PvP that would be to much, thats what I wanted to say.
    I like the Idea of reviving the Rage-Pots since farming those old reagents is very annoying (traveling from place to place...).

To resume to your idea:

Rage-Pot for lvl 80 (or >75)
    Reagents from Northend

Gives an amount of Rage balanced for PvE
    OR
    Gives an amount of Rage balanced for PvP

With how they are changing stance-dance mechanics, we're gonna have to see first hand how it affects arenas. With what I have read, rage should be abundant, but I'm not holding my breath. With pvp in mind, I'd say you're half right. In pvp, against a stupid opponent, you will floor them. Against a seasoned veteran, they will more than likely catch the rage boost and try to make us waste it. Truth be told, I really would not need this whatsoever in PvE as I raid with a prot pally (though BoSanctuary changes to give just mana next patch.)

But you're right JoSchY, even if it wasn't an 'endless' arena sanctioned rage pot, anything would be nice as gromsblood fucking sucks ass to farm. Either you go to blasted lands where a small patch has 3 active nodes, or you ride around like a douchebag all over felwood (the trick I found is gromsblood only grows where demons are present)

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna
    And can i get [Endless Thistle Tea] to go ?

Make that 2 please

meeeeh..denied. :P

I talked to a GM the other day, asking for their opinion on a suggestion.
    First sentence answered your question.