Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Boomkin for noobs - well, noob

I have been thinking about dropping 1 point out of moonglow and gale winds (I like trash to be a lil bit faster) for Imp MF, but just haven't gotten around to it. It is an extra 120 per tick give or take while raiding.

I raid with 9% hit aswell, however we cant guarantee there will be a draenei so I carry some hit food just in case.
    Click me for my Armory ^.^

25: NR 15/15, VoA 1/1, OS 1/1 1D, 2D, 3D, EoE 1/1

Mm yes 120 pre tick, and it ticks about 50-60 times pre boss fight:P

And when I somehow dont obtain a dren. group, I just throw on Dying curse.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aleiga
    I have been thinking about dropping 1 point out of moonglow and gale winds (I like trash to be a lil bit faster) for Imp MF, but just haven't gotten around to it. It is an extra 120 per tick give or take while raiding.
    IMP MF +10% only applies to base damage, not after the +75% from the glyph and 10% from moonfury. All these bonuses are additive, which means Imp MF only takes the sum of bonuses to +95% (or +100% if you have genesis... which would be a really huge waste of points).
    You won't get 120 per tick with it, unless your MF ticks around 2.2k (which I really doubt )
    Oh, hi.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMoonkin
    @ Op:

Lose the Dodge ring for Ring of Northern Tear

Finish off your dreamwalker, shoulder and helm gives hit and helm has meta + yellow socket i believe as well

Get the Malygos quest neck

As i said earlier:

- I know im wearing a tanking ring. I havent gotten around to get another one
    - I am usually a feral, so all these items are offspec. That means that i wont really be getting more T7 before our mainspec gets their fill
    - As i am usually feral, i have already done the malygos quest.

---

To other posters: If i had the luxury of having a 25 man raid, i could produce some different results for sure. But we only do 10 man raids, and we dont even have a mage raiding with us. Yes, its true, we live without tables! :O

---

Anyways, i had a run yesterday - i did record WWS but i haven't uploadet it yet, and i sat out for a wing, so ill have to see how the results are when i get home. I seem to remember that i was around 2900 DPS on Patchwerk, but many fights i was down at 2600-2800. Acceptable, i suppose, with the gear i have, but i want to see more, obviously. Then again, i dont expect to be on par with death knights

I cheat a bit, though. One benefit of being the leader of your guild and raids is that you call the shots - i obviously ask for bloodlust just after ive spawned my treants :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla
    Forgot this point, I think ISS is really overrated, the increase in DPS (between 1.5% and 2%) is quite low for a 3 points talent.
    I think IFF can be ok if you have a feral druid in raid (which is not always the case for me) since the talent also applies when they cast it... but otherwise loosing 1.5cd/min and 3 talent points for this really seems too high.
    Regarding IFF, do you always have a Shadowpriest?

If not, then you are going to have severe hit problems...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    Regarding IFF, do you always have a Shadowpriest?

If not, then you are going to have severe hit problems...
    Priest are the only class we are never missing (11 priests in roster... even if most of them are healer), I never missed over the last few raids so I'm even starting to consider lowering my hit.
    Oh, hi.

I too seem to have problems with my dps.

This is my current spec

My glyphs:
    -Glyph of Insect Swarm
    -Glyph of Moonfire
    -Glyph of Starfire

My stats unbuffed (in Moonkin Form) are:
    Spellpower -> 1928
    Crit chance -> 21.46% (not including IFF and IIS which would make it 27.46%)
    Haste rating -> 360
    Hitcapped

Once I get T7.5 head I can swap items to gain either +/- 100 haste rating or 30-40 haste and about 60sp
    The T7.5 head would mean I'd get the 4set bonus

My rotation:
    IFF, IS, MF, Wrath until Eclipse procs, Starfire until Eclipse fades, IS, MF, Starfire until Eclipse cooldown ends, Wrath until Eclipse, etc, etc, etc.

With all this my dps on bosses in Naxx 25 is only 3-3.2k, not including Loatheb and Patchwerk.
    Anything I'm doing wrong (apart from stacking too much crit, it will change soon hopefully)?

I just want to take the time and stick up for typhoon.

It's pretty bad atm but it is great in any movement fight. Significantly increases my dps on the safety dance. It's great for kiting on fights like gluth. We had 2 boomkins on our gluth fight and between the two of us i am pretty sure we could have knocked back the zombies for ever.
    It is really fun in BG's.

It's only one talent point.

my 2c

I'm no math major ... buttttt Non-moving fights - Moving fights = a positive integer. Not to mention factoring in how much (or how little) you are moving in those fights, and the benefit of shoving that one point somewhere else. 1 pt can be a lot depending on what your spec is.