Badge Loot for Boomkins

Anybody else out there think that Boomkins got totally jipped AGAIN in Blizzards fail itemization outside of tier gear? I saw a ray of hope when Blizzard put out Boomkin leveling gear every now and again throughout my Northrend questing. Then the dungeons crushed all that. Outside tier gear I'm getting told I can't bid on cloth gear over clothies, and my leather gear is split between resto druids...

Now, I have the gear that I want and I am not so bitter about what has been a known problem. Imo Boomkins have become some of the best theorycrafters thanks to having to deal with this oppressive behavior (Yes, we are totally slaves to the Blues!). My point now, is this rediculous badge gear. Nothing I see here benefits boomkins at all. Is it really that hard to redo TBC badge loot with moonkin gear? Really? Fail... all of it.

Re: Badge Loot for Boomkins

i feel your pain, eleshamans are equally shafted.

Agreed... not a lot in terms of badge gear for us... Who says you can't roll on cloth though? Not our fault that Blizzard has a stick up its ass in terms of leather caster gear. Clothies should complain to them--as they ignore the plight of the confused-man-bear-owl-thing!
    We are more than an aura and support spells!!!
    /begins the ritual dance

spiritus, find a new guild that lets you roll on cloths

blizzard hates moonkin
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

15+ Year Old Account

Aside from the blatant disregard for leather with hit I don't think it worked out so bad. Although since they gave us impMK form I would love to see some more spirit on the gear we get.

well, t7 shoulders and head give a bit of hit
    dying curse or vh hc trinket is nice if u want full leather set
    staff from maly 10 man, 95 hit
    necks with hitrating are easy to get
    naxx 10 man ring from gothic is alot of hit

I don't really see a problem with hitrating, I used to have 450 hitrating from pure gear and all was leather :-)
    but yes, I agree that you will never find leather gear for boomkin with hitrating dropping, except for tier gear. hope they will fix that so we won't have to go for trinkets for it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus
    Outside tier gear I'm getting told I can't bid on cloth gear over clothies, and my leather gear is split between resto druids...
    I stopped reading there.

Solution: Join a guild that has a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    I stopped reading there.

hmm ye, boomkins in raids will most likely wear cloth most of the times except for the tier gear, my guild lets me loot cloth if it's an improvement, leather gear for boomkin does exist, but not with hitrating, but u can find items with haste on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk
    No
    saying no without saying why, nice.. this isn't really helping this topic is it?

I was slightly over-exaggerating. I had some complications with my guild not allowing me to bid on cloth gear over other casters for a time, I got most of it fixed I believe. The only cloth gear I use currently are the badge rewards belt and the boots from Wyrmrest Accord rep.

But aside from picking on that. I was more or less pointing at Blizzards inability to put Boomkin gear in the game. To clarify, I am not one of those "I must wear leather" boomkins. That is not what I am saying either. I just think its massively stupid that Blizzard makes a talent spec that isn't supported by gear outside their cookie-cutter.

The problem is if you want to really produce as a boomkin when all your casters are gearing up (ie cloth goes to clothies because its all they can use) you can't. You need t7 shoulders and helm, a hit cloak, a hit ring, etc. I find my druid struggling to even reach the 10% hit (4% talents + IFF = 17%) simply because I'm not having luck with the naxx 10 cloak and ring and my tiered gear dropping.

It's rough, but hang in there. You will get hit capped with all leather and no hit trinket in time and be just fine. It's just not as easy for us to hit cap as it is for other casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Triston
    The problem is if you want to really produce as a boomkin when all your casters are gearing up (ie cloth goes to clothies because its all they can use) you can't. You need t7 shoulders and helm, a hit cloak, a hit ring, etc. I find my druid struggling to even reach the 10% hit (4% talents + IFF = 17%) simply because I'm not having luck with the naxx 10 cloak and ring and my tiered gear dropping.

It's rough, but hang in there. You will get hit capped with all leather and no hit trinket in time and be just fine. It's just not as easy for us to hit cap as it is for other casters.
    proc effect of dying curse is rather nice tho, defo a worthy trinket for boomkin to get both ur hitcap and a nice dps proc.
    get maly 10 man staff really, best 2h weapon u can get atm for boomkin.
    get t7 shoulders and head for hit, and 2 other pieces for the 4 set ofc.
    get key from sapphiron 10 or 25 man and get the caster neck, nice socket and hit / haste on it.

im hit capped with 4 items with hitrating on it

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    I stopped reading there.

Alternatively, OP could talk to his guild about this issue, using the new badge gear as more evidence.
    Easiest way to approach this is as a compromise. IE, tell them you're willing to pay some sort of "penalty" for the loot. IE, 10, 15% more DKP or whatever system it is you use. Or, perhaps something like you aren't allowed to try to take a cloth drop the first time it shows up, but after that can bid dkp or whatever at normal rates.

Basically, the gear distribution is such that if each nuker sticks to their tier, clothies will have more gear to choose from than boom/elem. However, if boom/elem are allowed to roll on cloth at will, then clothies will have too little gear to roll on. The compromise is somewhere between "not allowed" and "allowed unrestricted access".

IMO, anyways.
    Good luck.

Hrm, maybe I didnt fully clarify. I am in no way using this as a cry for help. Lol, I have my tier gear, my hit cap, my cloth gear. I was more or less just complaining about the current badge rewards yet again showing that Blizzard does not support Boomkin gear for PvE outside of tier gear. Its stupid...

... On your issue with hit, I have no problems getting hit capped with my tier set, Dying Curse is nice but once I get my legs I'm so dropping that trinket for Embrace of the Spider or Illustration of the Dragon Soul