Resto druids and replenish talent

My current raid make up doesn't have a ret pally (cry), nor a shadow priest and hunter is a maybe. This means our group lacks replenishment/or the like unless I bring my frost mage in. Since I can't play a mage and a druid at the same time I have been thinking about specing into it to help the raid out more.

I know nothing about the talent, how good it is etc so I can't justify the points just yet. Since I am also new to raid healing on a druid I have to see what I will be doing before looking deeper into the talent. As well 3.1 kind of scares me in regards to mana.

From what I have done on this druid so far I can see that ya I do heal even myself a lot more then I would have thought. Then again we are two healing Naxx with a kind of geared group (mostly on the not so geared side.) Both the priest and I do suffer a bit with mana issues (she is not as well geared as me yet and mine is ok not great.) I can't afford to innervate her on fights all of the time as I am struggling still myself. In my opinion every little bit helps at this point in time.

So how good is this talent and is it worth it in the least? I foresee as we gear up mana will become less and less of an issue but we are just not there yet.

Re: Resto druids and replenish talent

This topic is exactly why they are are changing the name of the talent. In 3.1 it will be named Revitalize.

"Replenishment"-type abilities are skills that some classes have to help their raid recover mana as they DPS. (For example, a SPriest's Vampiric Touch)

A Resto Druid's Replenish/Revitalize is very different from that and does not really constitute a reliable substitute.

in 3.1 it looks pretty attractive, but right now it is almost worthless IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    in 3.1 it looks pretty attractive, but right now it is almost worthless IMO.

it'll only be a little less worthless in 3.1

pretty worthless unless u decide to spam an oom person with rejuv xD

If you use WG to raid heal, Revitalize will potentially be a good talent to take to help boost the longevity and output of your raid. It's hard to say how much of a difference it will actually make right now, but I'm strongly considering taking it in my build.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek
    If you use WG to raid heal, Revitalize will potentially be a good talent to take to help boost the longevity and output of your raid. It's hard to say how much of a difference it will actually make right now, but I'm strongly considering taking it in my build.
    It might be a bit better to use with wild growth yes, but still it isnt as big as other classes their replenishment :-(

Yeah as it is now replenish is not even close to worth it. Even in the next it is debatable whether it is worth it. There isn't a whole lot of leeway on how you can spend your points as a resto druid unfortunately, you would have to give up something good to get it.

Thanks for the feed back everyone.

I understand this talent is no where near the actual replenishment talents of other classes, in comparison it is actually very weak. For those who do raid with those other classes I envy you all, our guild currently doesn’t have that option available. I am therefore looking at what we do have and how to use it if possible in the now, the future will be different.

I find in our unique situation I do use rejev quite a lot, including on myself and our other healer. It’s quick. Personally I am not so sure that points spent in living seed is worth it at this time, also my haste is a bit high so I have wriggle room in moving points from celestial focus. What my partner priest and I do lack is longevity due to mana, which will come with gear for sure. Even with flasks and food we are both struggling. My thinking is if I can at all help this with what I am already doing it’s a bonus. Certainly nothing to be relied upon for sure but every little bit helps. I know this is very outside of the box thinking but hey I like to live a bit dangerously. It’s also our guild motto lol.

idk if the tool tip or the talent is bugged, I specced it on the ptr to try it since the tool tip read %5 now but it still gives a disappointing 1%.

I'm not encouraged to dedicate 3 talent points to a 15% “chance” of low refunds.
    Even with wg added to it I cant see much value added here since wg like to fly off to wounded pets, treants and mirrors.

weee I just gave your pet 4 rage!

Quote Originally Posted by Laela
    idk if the tool tip or the talent is bugged, I specced it on the ptr to try it since the tool tip read %5 now but it still gives a disappointing 1%.
    It's 1% per tick which is plenty. With 7 ticks from Wild Growth on 5 people, that averages out to 1 proc per person. If it was 5% then that'd be rediculous - almost guarantees 5 people to get at least 1000 mana back from a single spell (which only costs about 600 mana as is), assuming you cast it on the caster group...

As I said, 1% is plenty, and definitely worth picking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

If it was 5% then that'd be rediculous - almost guarantees 5 people to get at least 1000 mana back from a single spell (which only costs about 600 mana as is), assuming you cast it on the caster group...

As I said, 1% is plenty, and definitely worth picking up.
    I'm guessing your not on the ptr:

Revitalize
    Rank 0/3
    Requires 40 points in Restoration talents
    Your Rejuvenation and wild Growth spells
    have a 5% chance to restore 8 Energy, 4
    Rage, 5% Mana or 16 Runic Power per tick.

assuming you cast it on the caster group
    Please first understand how wg mechanism works before you make calculations

Quote Originally Posted by Laela
    I'm guessing your not on the ptr:

Revitalize
    Rank 0/3
    Requires 40 points in Restoration talents
    Your Rejuvenation and wild Growth spells
    have a 5% chance to restore 8 Energy, 4
    Rage, 5% Mana or 16 Runic Power per tick.
    And? As you've said, it is still working off 1%. My point is that 1% is plenty. Hence I believe it's still just that the tooltip hasn't been updated correctly.

Please first understand how wg mechanism works before you make calculations
    I understand the WG mechanism perfectly fine.

"The druid's first targeted AOE heal spell, and the latest "smart" heal implemented by Blizzard, this spell heals up to 5 targets within 15 yards of the druid's current target who have the lowest health percentages."

http://www.wowwiki.com/Wild_Growth

Heals up to 5 targets within 15 yards of the current target. If you cast it on the caster group then it will only affect people in the caster group unless they're within 15 yards of the melee, which means either it's a very particular fight that requires people to stack, or they're standing in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Add that WG glyph as well to your calculations. WG costs approx. twice as much as Rejuv. but Rejuv ticks less often on way less targets - thus the talent is way more useful when used with WG.

Whether it makes sense to drop heal enhancing talents for it then depends on how hard the manareg nerf hits.