Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Why are people complaining so much about vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by Ugrana
    anyone who complains about any sort of vehicle in WotLK probably never liked/saw Teron Gorefriend. If you have, you would just be quiet and hope they dont bring those mechanics back to haunt us.
    i actually enjoyed that "vehicle" fight, it was incredibly easy, yet somehow so many people failed at it

vehicles are fun imo, but they have their place.
    they're fun in, say, wintergrasp, SotA, dailies, quests, hell even malygos phase 2, but make or break parts of bosses, not so much

The annoying thing about the whole vehicle fight is the 30 minutes of piss easy trash you have to roll your slow ass tank over to actually get to the boss fight, after that the boss fight itself is ok, pretty easy when you figure out all the vehicle skills and what to use them for, but i guess it's the first boss in the instance.

The most annoying thing of all is during the couple of attempts it will probably take everyone to learn the mechanics you have to re-clear the whole 30 minutes of trash (thats how it is on the PTR anyway).

Thing is that wow players are never satisfied.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

ZOMG I HAVE TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW I CAN'T FACEROLL MY CHIN ACROSS MY KEYBINDS TO COMPLETE THE ENCOUNTER!!!!!

I've heard alot of the above and i chuckle every time.

Its like living in the united states and hating the US. if u dont like it then gtfo

If u don't wanna do a vehicle fight then DONT GO TO ULDARR

For any semi serious raider they wont even care its one fight for the love of christ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Never have i heard such things about a new encounter seriously does it really really matter?

Few pro tips

1: its a game
    2: your choice completely go there or dont
    3: people may not like the fight it their opinion, people may like the fight does it matter to any serious raider? Will any guild boycott the instance because blizz put vehicles in one fight?
    4: Its always your own option to quit wow *snickerz*
    "Because of all the days that have passed, We are who we are."

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jushak
    To sum my experiences about the people who whine about vehicles:

a) They are usually people who never respec. One such example is a person I know who, even when switching class, adopted the same role on his new class (tank).
    b) While not necessarily bad, none of the whiners I would classify as "top players" even in my limited pool of people I play with. I play in content-clearing guild at the moment to clarify roughly what kind of people I play with. Yes, I know it isn't any kind of real feat right now.
    c) Utterly suck with vehicles, mainly because they are not interested in learning how they work, no matter how simple they are.
    edit: d) They are the people who whine most about OTHER classes because they have fuck-all knowledge about them.

Me, personally, I like vehicles. I don't expect siege tank to be fast & smooth - in fact I'd expect them to be clunkier. Malygos fight I'm usually near the top in DPS even though I spend a lot of time on P1 dealing with sparks, mainly because I'm by far the best drake user in the guild (not that it's hard...). I had no problem with Oculus - when I finally managed to convince people to go there I did the last boss the hardest way there is - 5 ambers - on my first visit. Obviously we wiped a couple of times to get our timing right, but who cares? Do it naked and you don't even get repair bills.

To sum up my opinion: Vehicles are fun side-attraction. I don't wish that them to be "the main attraction" (i.e., whole raid instance with only vehicles, even or especially if there were new vehicles with each boss) but I sure as hell don't mind occassional boss-fight with vehicles.
    i lol`d irl
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

some ppl are just tryin to find a reason to get pissed with blizz rly....

Seriously i didnt see ANYONE complaying with free loot ''chess event'' in kara,u werent playing ur char back then again but no that was just free loot that any non brain dmged person could do,that was an izimode loot and i dont think this one in ulduar will b much harder,if ppl cant click 3 different buttons during a 10min encounter in a 7 days reset they srsly have a problem...

I actually enjoy the vehicles of wintergrasp and strand of the ancients but find it frustrating when people dont know what they are doing in them (If you are in a siege vehicle then go destroy a wall or something not chase after random ground troops on their mounts please ppl!!!....)

I must admit tho that I dont like the drakes of malygos os occulas. Yes i have complete HC Oc on several occasions and malygos 10 (not 25man yet unfortunetely but working on it) I dont know if its the whole 3rd dimension to the fight (you can fly up or down to those that dont know what this is) or the fact that you are purely limited to certain abilities and only those.

As for the uldar fight, im confused a little over this scaling with gear if someone can clarify for me, if my gear is say item lvl 200 but good for the average boss fight (+hit, crit etc) and i replace it with some random 213 lvl pvp gear that otherwise is crap for raiding, i become better in my vehicle? Seems a little backwords if thats the case, vehicle scaling is kinda good but shouldnt just go off the number of item level of your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Champloo
    Vehicles are boring, slow moving, annoying.

You chose your class to PLAY YOUR CLASS.The way you play your class suites your personality- these vehicles do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumone
    It's simple guys, I didn't roll a drake or a steam tank for the same reason my rogue is still level 17 and I have three level 80's I don't enjoy it. If I did then vehicles would be fine but if I wanted that I would go and play something like "space cowboys".

To put it mildly they are buggy as hell too and don't tend to relate well to healing interfaces.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFJake
    I could be playing a 80 mage,

or warlock,

or druid,

or rogue,

or anything, and its the same damn thing all over again while in vehicles.

Not.

Fun.

Allow me to ask people who only want to "Play their class," do you moan this much every time you got a new spell? Because I figure getting new spells as I leveld up changed how I played my guy, and sometimes made what I did before completly useless.

You are being asked, in essential means, to learn -three- new spells for a handful of minuites.

I also kinda LOL'd at people who were upset because they couldn't have addons do it all for them. "Oh boo hoo m addons aren't going to let me put my face on the keyboard and still rock!" Get over yourself. Yeah, you "rolled" a Rogue/hunter/whatever to "Play that class" but you didn't make that character so you could hit the same buttons every time and then get gear. Bliz is asking you to learn THREE new spells instead of the typical ones you get to push while you sit back and do nothing/let addons do it.

In BC people complained that in the end raiding was getting kinda boring because of how they were just hitting the same htings over and over and not doing much, here comes Bliz actaully CHANGING the pace of raiding, as in not letting you hit the same buttons, and you complain STILL?

As you've read this isn't the stupid Malygos encounter, you aren't being thrust into a boss fight with a super Dragon who if you don't perform right away with no time to get used to it, you automatically lose. No, you are being asked to fight for a handful of mins on the -FIRST- boss of a raid. Not the hardest, not the last, not the best gear droping one. Not the one with all the wipe giving stuff. No, just the FIRST boss.

EDIT: Hell, why in the end does it matter? Why not just not do it? If you are going to copmlain so much, don't do it. Sure, you'll be left behind because you "top class raiders" can't learn three new buttons, but if it hurts you that much, don't go. Just wait for the next patch. THat's really all you have to do.

Oh wait, you're going? But I thought you were upset? Oh well I guess this says a lot about how much you care >_>;.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Annaconda
    Thing is that wow players are never satisfied.
    This is absolutely correct. People bitched and moaned about Vanilla WoW, TBC, and now Wrath. People will never be happy with this game, they just keep finding things that they think is wrong with it. God forbid other people actually have fun.

I think vehicles are a fun aspect of the game, adds another level of difficulty to the encounter, cause now you gotta learn, and learn quick, how to use the vehicle instead of your class. Oh, and I loved the Teron Gorefiend fight in BT.

Quote Originally Posted by Thellais
    This is absolutely correct. People bitched and moaned about Vanilla WoW, TBC, and now Wrath. People will never be happy with this game, they just keep finding things that they think is wrong with it. God forbid other people actually have fun.

I think vehicles are a fun aspect of the game, adds another level of difficulty to the encounter, cause now you gotta learn, and learn quick, how to use the vehicle instead of your class. Oh, and I loved the Teron Gorefiend fight in BT.
    Exactly! It's new and it mixes things up! Just the same old stuff over and over isn't fun.. hell wasn't that a complaint about Nax too >_>?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

im loving it all to be honest . im looking forward to the tourney. yay great fun to be had. i wonder how many `pro` pvpers will stay away from that not seen much posted of their opinions. imho only those that `cant` are complaining . strangely enough i know of at least one person who stopped playing wow because they couldnt handle their constructs , one week they were there failing miserably but getting better then `poof` gone not to be seen of again apart from a random post on forums now and then about the stress and pressure.

what im saying is , its the same as getting to carnegie hall.........
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

I'm not a big vehicle fan, but i'm not to worried about 1 quick boss.

Here's an idea ... That Hodir daily where the dragon takes you up and you fight him ... that's new mechanics with new buttons that you had to do 1nce per day to get your rep (if you did it). Why not just look at this vehicle fight as a daily quest that you only have to do 1nce per week and you get epic loot instead of rep!

If it was a FULL DUNGEON then i could see, but just like Malygos it's one fight, once per week and it'll be over each time before you know it.

You know why a lot of ppl hate Occulus? Because it separates skilled from bad ppl, same reason ppl cry about the vehicle system they are afraid their guild will see they are crap. Of course I am not talking about people who simply dislike the concept of a vehicle.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

im not a big vehicle fan. but still ive been on the ptr against leviathan and its pretty fun to do.

clearing the trash is piss easy. doesnt take effort at all. well, you have to aim and hit them ofc, but thats all

Quote Originally Posted by zelestial
    People complain about vehicles for the same reason they complain about Heroic Occulus.

It's too much to ask them to learn something other than their own class AKA something they are used to.

Then again, a large portion of players never fully understand their class or even the bulk of it anyway, so it might be too much to expect them to understand something extra on the side like vehicles.

Long story short, people are too focused getting epics and not so much on earning them. Learning a vehicle is too much work, apparently.
    what he said

Quote Originally Posted by Shaamwow
    I think alot of the fanfare had to do with the craptastic drake portion of the Malygos fight.
    This.

To this day my guild has not killed Malygos 10man. We can't find 10 people that can all work the drakes. Sad, I know. Not blizzards fault at all! It is annoying however that the 2 phases where we are in character we breeze through it and then when we hit the drakes a lot of people panic.

I am looking forward to the first battle however; I am not looking forward on waiting for the slower of my Guildies to learn how to use new buttons.

people complain about everything, of course I am guilty of complaining that end game is easy, at the end of the day its my opinion and everybody has one (I lol'd at the "You're entitled to your own opinion, you're wrong but you're entitled to it" post above).

I dont mind doing some dumb vechicle event to get to the rest of the bosses, whats the big damn deal, if you are really gonna cry over the whole " i wanna play my class " bullshit then you're pretty sad.

It probably takes like 1-2 attempts to learn each vehicle then you can go back to playing your class, but what will happen is you will not put effort into learning to play the vehicle and then cry about how dumb the encounter is as an excuse for sucking or refusing to learn. suck it up, get over it, learn the fight and go kill your other 13 bosses FFS.

Lets just hope trash isnt like naxx where you run in with 2 tanks and AoE. That is so boring, at least this is something new.

Quote Originally Posted by danoontje
    You know why a lot of ppl hate Occulus? Because it separates skilled from bad ppl, same reason ppl cry about the vehicle system they are afraid their guild will see they are crap. Of course I am not talking about people who simply dislike the concept of a vehicle.
    I hate it because its a terrible instance, and I generally hate heroics anyway.

Drakes.

Are.

Clunky.

Flame Leviathan looks waaaaaay better by comparison though.
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

The problem is the clunkiness of vehicles, not that they are hard. I've done heroic Occ before. It's not that difficult. Do I like it? Not really. It's a boring instance in my opinion and the drakes are just annoying to use because of the way vehicles were implemented.

Watching Flame Leviathan it doesn't seem that bad, but there are certain quests and things that the vehicles seemed buggy and unresponsive, even if you used the default UI.

That's the problem most people have. Looking at this fight it doesn't seem horrible, but given the current implementation and somewhat bugginess of vehicles, I can see why people might not like depending on if the UI bugs or not for a boss.

Good players complain about vehicles because they were atrociusly implemented in phase 3 of the Malygos fight.

From what I have scene on the PTR, the flame leviathan is better (probably because blizzard only had to worry about two dimensions this time, and not three as in malygos).

The current vehicle encounters are not hard, they are just implemented in a very poor manner, which is blizzards fault.