Contradiction of WoW lore in Ulduar???

I'll get right to it. With Yogg-Saron being the end boss of Ulduar, most likely we will be able to kill him right?

Well according to WoW lore, aren't the old gods symbiotic to Azeroth therefore destroying Azeroth a long with the old god?

The titans imprisoned the old gods because they knew they would destroy the world if they killed the gods. So if we are able to Yogg then we destroy the world?

Goes back to C'Thun too....
    You can't spank like a DK tank!

Kaotaur
    80 (Unholy) Death Knight TANK!
    Darkspear (US)
    10 / 10 / 51

Re: Contradiction of WoW lore in Ulduar???

This has been gone over many times in many different posts - what we will face is not really the true form of Yogg-Saron, but just a bit of his physical manifestation in our reality, when in fact his real being is on the elemental plane. Just destroying his squishy body on Azeroth doesn't kill him, and we likely never will kill him, or see his real form for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    This has been gone over many times in many different posts - what we will face is not really the true form of Yogg-Saron, but just a bit of his physical manifestation in our reality, when in fact his real being is on the elemental plane. Just destroying his squishy body on Azeroth doesn't kill him, and we likely never will kill him, or see his real form for that matter.
    ^

There is no contradiction. Simply because we defeat a boss in a raid encounter, doesn't mean we kill him. Majordomo Executus, Kalecgos, and from what i hear, several Ulduar bosses (other than Yogg-Saron) are all examples of raid bosses that turn friendly/run away/dissapear when you defeat them.

Ulduar won't be killing Yogg it will be merely poking him in the eye if you will. It'll be enough to make him stop what he's doing and back off for a while.

In more likely case, you end up smishing his avatar, but also removing some of his shackles.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by SbEguy
    There is no contradiction. Simply because we defeat a boss in a raid encounter, doesn't mean we kill him. Majordomo Executus, Kalecgos, and from what i hear, several Ulduar bosses (other than Yogg-Saron) are all examples of raid bosses that turn friendly/run away/dissapear when you defeat them.
    Domo retreated after we defeated his elites and healers.
    Kalecgos we killed his inner demon.
    The watchers in ulduar are redeemed, or beaten to their senses.

But all the bosses we actually kill are dead, only exceptions are AQ40 cthun we more beat him back to the elemental plane, sunwell we beat kil'jaeden back, and Naxx 40 cause Kel'thuzad was rezd because we didnt destroy his phylactery and somehow the other bosses got rezd and decided to become weak.

Does everyone not remember Kael?Everyone rejoiced when they killed that cockblock boss and guess what,hes alive and kicking a few patches later.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii129/Fierypowah/GSfail.jpg

GS has ruined the game.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax
    Ulduar won't be killing Yogg it will be merely poking him in the eye if you will. It'll be enough to make him stop what he's doing and back off for a while.
    This ^^