Ret Best in Slot

Just a quick and easy question, is there a website anywhere that lists all the ret pally best in slot gear (not maxdps that place sucks). Thanks

Re: Ret Best in Slot

Thank god you know not to use Maxdps

Quote Originally Posted by Soad0488
    Thank god you know not to use Maxdps
    +1

Best combo I can see using the elitist jerks Spreadsheet.

I am a JC using 3x27Str Gems and all other Gems are +16 Strength.

Obsidian Greathelm
    Valorous Redemption Shoulderplates
    Valorous Redemption Chestpiece
    Valorous Redemption Legplates
    Valorous Redemption Gauntlets
    Dawnwalkers
    Girdle of Chivalry
    Bracers of Unrelenting Attack
    Drape of the Deadly Foe
    Favor of the Dragon Queen
    Ruthlessness
    Surge Needle Ring
    Fury of the Five Flights
    Darkmoon Card: Greatness
    Venture Co. Libram of Retribution - Arena 1900 rating Libram is much better (this one gets nerfed in 3.1)
    Betrayer of Humanity

I am Still missing 5 of those items. So can't be certain.

Give you base stats of
    AP 4037
    Crit 36.7%
    Hit 6.7%
    Haste 13%
    Expertise 3%

Only stat that is lower then expected is expertise, bring on 3.1 for a few changes maybe..

Raid buffed (Alliance) Heroic Presence makes you almost hit capped which we know is not really required.

Would really like some feedback from some experienced Ret pallies on this.

Noth libram is better than venture co. libram, and boots is a toss up for Melancholy Sabatons/Dawnwalkers.

Might also wana check out Rawr just google it

I would argue against dawnwalker since it is only basing itself on hit, and you would benefit more overall from the 25 man maly boots.

Thanks, I dont play Ret, but I was talking with our guilds best ret pally about what he still needed. He was quoting Maxdps so I was trying to find a better list then that crap. Here is his armory just for shits and giggles.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ner&n=Arttemis

He is basically our best geared melee, sits consistently around 5k on patchwerk...just got his betrayer tonight so that number should go up a bit

Without Downwalkers your hit would be quite low, Theres got to be a line where hit is better then strength no ?

Apart from the hit they have 1.2% extra crit for around 60 less AP buffed.

It's a hard choice, I agree.

When I get home i'll test out rawr . Thanks Waytlon.

Quote Originally Posted by gatgat
    Thanks, I dont play Ret, but I was talking with our guilds best ret pally about what he still needed. He was quoting Maxdps so I was trying to find a better list then that crap. Here is his armory just for shits and giggles.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ner&n=Arttemis

He is basically our best geared melee, sits consistently around 5k on patchwerk...just got his betrayer tonight so that number should go up a bit
    Happen to have a WWS of this? That is quite interesting for someone who does not go for 4 piece t7.5 but is still doable. Just want to see and crunch numbers.

Also the hit on doomwalker wont make or break you in the set up that the poster posted. You honestly can sit between 150 ish and you would be fine. STR > Hit point for point.

http://www.codeplex.com/Rawr

This is a pretty sweet program, should be a lot more accurate than maxdps

I have to argue against the Melancholy Sabatons saying that Bladed Steelboots would be better, especially in your friends situation. 13 str is not better than 43 hit rating since he is only at 6.7%, even with a Draenei (if you're alliance) and 40 Hit food you are still just short of hit cap. If you used the boots and the hit food would put him over or near enough hit cap then you can have him use 40 strength food. Yes the other boots have armor penetration but Ret pallys dont do a huge amount of physical damage.

If your friend can drop some crit for other stats that would be beneficial since with ~36% crit unbuffed is putting him well over 40% which is making alot of his normal hits glancing blows. He should not be over ~32% since in most raids you will either have a feral druid or fury warrior for 5% crit and slightly more from Mark and Kings not to mention the debuff a ret places on a boss for 3% more crit.

As with anything take these ideas in stride for specific situations

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbill
    I have to argue against the Melancholy Sabatons saying that Bladed Steelboots would be better, especially in your friends situation. 13 str is not better than 43 hit rating since he is only at 6.7%, even with a Draenei (if you're alliance) and 40 Hit food you are still just short of hit cap. If you used the boots and the hit food would put him over or near enough hit cap then you can have him use 40 strength food. Yes the other boots have armor penetration but Ret pallys dont do a huge amount of physical damage.

If your friend can drop some crit for other stats that would be beneficial since with ~36% crit unbuffed is putting him well over 40% which is making alot of his normal hits glancing blows. He should not be over ~32% since in most raids you will either have a feral druid or fury warrior for 5% crit and slightly more from Mark and Kings not to mention the debuff a ret places on a boss for 3% more crit.

*sigh*

hit cap aint that important anymore. he should always use 40str food or ap food(if str food is to expensive)

crits > normal hits >glancing. so imo he should still stack on crit since it benefits not just white hits, but every dmging talent.

just unbelievable horrible

Your forgetting that raid bosses appear to have a 4.8% suppression on crit chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Soad0488
    Happen to have a WWS of this? That is quite interesting for someone who does not go for 4 piece t7.5 but is still doable. Just want to see and crunch numbers.

Also the hit on doomwalker wont make or break you in the set up that the poster posted. You honestly can sit between 150 ish and you would be fine. STR > Hit point for point.
    http://wowwebstats.com/udnonykgmxbmm?s=45272-84872

That is last night, before he got Betrayer, he is at 5104 on Patchwerk.