Warlock needs help with dps

Alright guys so im pretty new to warlocks and i need some help. When i raid, i push 56/0/15 but my dps is still low and its killing me. Im pushing like 1.8-2k dps and have 1800 sp with fel armor on and don't know what im doing wrong. My gear isnt that great, but not horrible either, t7 robes and 7.5 gloves, the rest epics and blues. Ive talked to some other locks on my server about what i could be doing wrong and ive heard mixed responses, the most common being my hit rating at 178(ish can't remeber atm) is keeping my dots from doing full dmg. I really dont understand what im doing wrong but its somtihng, i tend to always be lowest on dps charts. My rotation is haunt, coa, unstable afflik, imm, corrupt, and sl, spam shadow bolts rinse and repeat. I could really use any help i can get and plz be gentle with the comments, im just looking to learn from more exp players. Thnx guys

-Razpution 80 Blood Elf Warlock (Tortheldrin PvP)

Re: Warlock needs help with dps

Get hit capped. Go 0/41/30, coe-send felguard-cor-immolate-incin-spamspamspam, top the dps meter.. I was our spec, then i went to this demo/destru and i went up quite a bit in dps. On dummy I had about the same dps, but on 25man bosses I went up about 500.

Hit capped >> anything.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan
    Get hit capped. Go 0/41/30, coe-send felguard-cor-immolate-incin-spamspamspam, top the dps meter.. I was our spec, then i went to this demo/destru and i went up quite a bit in dps. On dummy I had about the same dps, but on 25man bosses I went up about 500.

Hit capped >> anything.
    Don't listen to him if you actually want to top meters.

Go get an addon that watches your dots and get hit capped like he said. Once you're hit capped you will see your dps go up much more.

I am looking at your armoury (I think), http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...in&n=Razpution. What does your pve gear look like? I see you gemmed for Int in your pvp gear, I hope that wasn't on purpose :/

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenmirror
    Don't listen to him if you actually want to top meters.

Go get an addon that watches your dots and get hit capped like he said. Once you're hit capped you will see your dps go up much more.
    yeh, this ^ and don't expect to push 3kdps with 1.8k sp

As two others said, you should get hitcapped,or make sure you can get hitcapped with a shadowpriest/boomkin in your raid. If you still don't reach hitcap, try using hitrating food, since hit is the best dps increase if you don't have it capped.

Further, you shouldn't be playing haunt spec at all with the hitrating you have. Go FG/Destro, it's really easy to play that spec, and it'll get you more dps than you probably do now.

if you play haunt well those 0/41/30 will never even be near you in dps charts as some other said get hit cap since a haunt resist is really really annoying don't bother too much on haste /crit and max out that spellpower its a godly stat a am a 2410 with fel armor (and i'm alchemy so 37 more on flask) spirit is an excellent stat for you too since it give spellpower and more mana per lifetap

i done 6300 dps this week on patchwerk (no imp scorch on boss since we only got a mage and he was arcane) so you can add 10% crit to that

use doomguard and infernals they hit like truck

Quote Originally Posted by frester
    yeh, this ^ and don't expect to push 3kdps with 1.8k sp
    if he had the hit and a proper raid comp yes, 3k is easily attainable

not with his hit though

Quote Originally Posted by steroni

i done 6300 dps this week on patchwerk (no imp scorch on boss since we only got a mage and he was arcane) so you can add 10% crit to that
    What a coincidence, did the same last night on patchwerk. But I'm not even close to your gear I think.
    Anyway, he was right about doomguard/infernal, they greatly increase your dps because doomguards can crit 4,5k if raidbuffed.

Since no one has thrown it out there, to be hit capped you need 446 hit. (17%)

If you get Suppression / Cataclysm then you only need 368 hit. They increase your hit by 3%.

Beyond that like the others were saying, if you have others in your raid that add a + hit debuff to the boss (+ 3% hit) you only will need 289 hit, or 11%.

So like they said, unless you have a shadowpriest/boomkin in your raid you need 368 hit. The reason your DPS is low is cause on raid bosses, with 178 hit you have about a 10% chance for you spells to miss.

Beyond that you just need to get your dot timing down, don't clip them, and drain soul under 35% and you should see an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Remento
    What a coincidence, did the same last night on patchwerk. But I'm not even close to your gear I think.
    Anyway, he was right about doomguard/infernal, they greatly increase your dps because doomguards can crit 4,5k if raidbuffed.
    depends on what you itemized for yes i have 2410 spellpower its cause i itemized for it and i still have a lot of upgrade to do and i'm not sure if the raid buffed the doomguards will ask them next week since i'm also the raid leader

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...thol&n=pwnluck

Thnx alot for the help guys, was really apprciated

No one mentioned your rotation is terrible.
    SB, haunt, UA, Immo, CoA, Corr. SL. SB/rinse repeat.
    Re-apply dots when cast time > time left on dot.
    Do not ever clip a cast. Stopping a SB cast cause you see a dot is running a bit low is a waste of DPS. Finish every cast.

Run Recount and practise on the dummies, Affliction is all about timing your dots, keeping haunt and shadow embrace up.

If you don't like it as other people said you could try 0/41/30.