Poll: Item level Req to Queue for Rated Arena?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Item Level Req to Queue for Rated Arena.

was just thinking of ways to stop certain classes of going into arena with almost full PvE gear. Since blizzard seems to not want to buff resilience what i thought would be a good idea is to make it so if your ABOVE a certain item level you cannot Queue for Ranked rated arena matches.

For those of you that don't know what a item level is its what Blizzard uses a formula to calculate item level from the item's stats. therefore im not sure if it is already like this but they should make PvE gear a way higher item level then PvP gear this will stop all the certain classes going into arena in PvE gear and STOMPING whatever they want where other certain classes are in FULL PvP gear trying to survive in arena but Fail

Just a Idea of what i think should be a future change to Arena thanks for reading let me know what you think with the poll thanks.

antifreeze

Re: Item Level Req to Queue for Rated Arena.

man first time i see on this forums something good. Its really good idea, or just delete stupid hidden rating and queue on personals gear points
    cause hidden rating ruined one mine char Was playing dual box to 1100 for month then hidden rating came and now 24 lose 2 win points) can overcome 1300 and met not low rated teams
    So yea item level could be nice i bet.

Probably the most stupid thing i have ever heard... pvp gear have the same itemlevel as pve gear.. which makes it impossible to determine what gear is pvp or pve through that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trival
    Probably the most stupid thing i have ever heard... pvp gear have the same itemlevel as pve gear.. which makes it impossible to determine what gear is pvp or pve through that.
    Actually you should read it again.

He says he isnt sure what the diffrence is between the pve ilvl and pvp ilvl...
    Blizz always just could make it diffrently like put an 1 before the pvp stuffs, like Ilvl226 for frostaided and Ilvl1226 for the pvp stuffs etc..

Its not a bad idea tbh

since s6 gear will be 226 item level but some bosses in ulduar will drop 239ilvl items, getting like weapons from pve gives little advance in pvp.

So in this season (s5) ilvl cap would be 213 and s6 would be 226, after those limits ppl can mix their pve and pvp gear to get best combination, but it would just stop pve guys to stomp with their 2h axes etc.

Terrible, terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by antifreeze
    man first time i see on this forums something good. Its really good idea, or just delete stupid hidden rating and queue on personals gear points
    cause hidden rating ruined one mine char Was playing dual box to 1100 for month then hidden rating came and now 24 lose 2 win points) can overcome 1300 and met not low rated teams
    So yea item level could be nice i bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Legsarelost
    Terrible, terrible idea.
    When we get first legendary item into game from ulduar which will maybe be even item level 252 (tier 9 quality) I bet whine starts on forums, so why not just keep those item in pve side of the game.

15+ Year Old Account

There are many ways to solve the issues of Arena. This would be the laziest one (aside from hidden ratings...) and cause quite a few problems.

The best way might be to remove Arenas and make Battlegrounds awesome - no more microscopic analysis of every fucking spell and class.

But since that won't happen, they just have to make Battlegrounds awesome. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacegoatmeep View Post
    I have it on good authority that the Park needs to be as it currently is for the launch of Legion.

As part of the opening event Illidan flys down into Stormwind, points over towards the Park and says "You are not repaired!"

Absolutely horrible idea. Not everyone has full pvp gear, i for ones only have a few pieces because im a casual pvper and i dont do much arena or bgs, the rest of my stuff is, yep, you guessed it, iLvl 213 dps gear. According to your suggestion i should be excluded from rated arena, and probably good half of the people that actually partake. Now then, i pay exactly the same monthly subscription as you do, why should you be previleged to playing arena, and im not?

I dont think Blizzard fully thought about the implications arena would cause when they first introduced it, considering how much stuff gets changed in this game, they definetely didnt. Blizz has effectively cornered themself here. WoW is simply too diversly and complex to balance it for small scale FPS style deathmatch, this isnt counter-strike for crying out loud. Battlegrounds work alot better in the sense that with alot more people on both sides, differences between classes have far far less of an impact on the outcome of the match then say in a 2v2 arena. The irony is, Blizzard can no longer scrap arena since it has become a significant part of the game, nor can they fix the imbalances within. There will always be a overpowered FotM comp that kicks every other comps arse and people will continue to QQ.

Fucking retarded idea. Seriously.

I mean...wtf?

Stop QQing people because blizz will never do this. 100% gauranteed. They have said already that their intent is for people to raid for their weapons so why would they have you raid for a weapon and then not be able to queue with it equipped.

@OP - Your dumb. Stop.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

You should rewrite your idea without using Item Level. Seriously, just insert some random new hidden (or not) rating they could put on gear or something. The Item Level part just makes your arguments sound stupid. Apart from that without a quick way to acquire that type of item for all slots it would fail, and I don't think they would really want to absolutely remove all PVE pieces from use in Arena, which if we took your effective ilvl difference and put it in, that's what would happen.

Deleted

Blizzard uses a formula to calculate item level from the item's stats
    actually it's the other way around.

by the way, the current high end pvp gear is iLvL 213 which is the same as naxx 25 gear......

The problem lies in, that in order to get the really good PvP gear. You either have to burn a ton of emblems, get lucky on vault drops, or play arena, which you want to remove one option.

It honestly sounds like the OP has been beat one too many times by people in PvE gear.

Deleted

I personally find this idea kinda awesome, but could be kinda "hard" to do.

Pvp gear for pvp right? and pve for pve, I see way too many teams today with full t7,5 steamrolling anything they find in arenas
    I had 800+resilience and got into 1800 rating, I raided little got little epics, and but them on, on 1900 now
    but anyway on the topic, I think they should add that change pvp gear "Ilvl" to something else like "Plvl" and to create team or join team you must have some Plvl on gear (blue pvp gear?) on minimum.

..I exept soon to get flamed with comments like, lolololol 1800 and 1900 are childs play noob! :

This is the fourth worst idea I've seen so far today.

Don't worry, that's more impressive than it sounds.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

Deleted

gr8 idea, finally would make me stop losing to those retarded double betrayer warriors
    Even better Idea, auto-rescale higher Ilevel gear to pvp level gear

If there is a problem it is with current pvp gear, not with the arena queue system. It would be like saying you have to have all heroic loot to enter 10 man naxx, its a horrible unecessary burden.

"Even better Idea, auto-rescale higher Ilevel gear to pvp level gear"

Are you kidding me? That means you want people who got better pure dps gear from progressing in pve and who are wearing less resilience to have their scale down when they enter a rated match . That's pathetic. Once again, if there is a problem, it is with the current gear itemization system.

This thread is full of bad.

I got it, GET RID OF ARENA
    I am too old to argue with trolls on the internet, but dammit I can't help myself some days