Interface and Addons for prot warriors

Howdy peeps,

Im looking voor an userinterface where i can see my abilities(commanding shout, Demoralizing shout etc) clearly run out of time and when the cooldowns of other abilities(like shieldwall, shieldblock, trinkets) are ready. And where my procs jump in the screen, like Sword & Board (ive seen this somewhere on youtube)

Anyone know a good one?

Thanks

Deleted

Re: Interface and Addons for prot warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Bobson
    Howdy peeps,

Im looking voor an userinterface where i can see my abilities(commanding shout, Demoralizing shout etc) clearly run out of time and when the cooldowns of other abilities(like shieldwall, shieldblock, trinkets) are ready. And where my procs jump in the screen, like Sword & Board (ive seen this somewhere on youtube)

Anyone know a good one?

Thanks
    ClassTimers should cover your various timer needs.

I can't help you on the "jumping" procs, I use MSBT (SCT clone) and audio effects for the procs I need to react to.

natur cast bars are pretty good, will give you all of your cooldowns.

i've never found a mod that will do anything when sword and board procs, and i've tried making custom events etc. etc.

there are TONS of mods for cooldown timers though, the best one I think (can't remember the name) simply puts number on top of the ability. By default they flash Red when the cooldown is almost up. Great for things like shield block, shockwave, conc. blow etc.

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya
    there are TONS of mods for cooldown timers though, the best one I think (can't remember the name) simply puts number on top of the ability. By default they flash Red when the cooldown is almost up. Great for things like shield block, shockwave, conc. blow etc.
    I think you're talking about OmniCC, You can download it "Here"

Quote Originally Posted by Maboroshi
    I think you're talking about OmniCC, You can download it "Here"
    GENIUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobson
    Howdy peeps,

Anyone know a good one?

Thanks
    NeedToKnow is amazing for keeping track of important buffs and debuffs on yourself or your target. I know ClassTimers and even ElkBuffBars and many other addons can do this - I use both of them in my UI setup - but NeedToKnow is hands on the best addon to use if you have 1-2 buffs that you need to have timers on. It's easy to set up (2 minutes tops, adding a new buff or debuff takes about 30 seconds) and the bars stay where they are and don't change places depending on time left. It's a neat feature to have bars change places, but when you're in a stressful situation it's easier for every important timer to have a fixed location so you don't waste your time checking where a certain bar is among others.

For procs, you can use NeedToKnow for that as well, but I recommend MikScrollingBattleText instead. It's lighter than SCT and does the job for me. Use an audio notification for the more important events and you're set.

I just use Miks Scrolling Battle text to notify me when S&B procs. I set up an event where every time I receive the buff, huge letters pop up on my screen Saying "Sword and Board".

Ooo those look very intriguing.

I can't seem to get Natur to shut up when I.. say... Tclap 15 mobs they ALL get a bar and that's annoying.

And I've never got SCT scrolling text to work w/ Sword and Board procs, so I'll give these two a try, thanks!

Here's my setup:

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/4534/13720/271178.jpg

That's full raid UI...(obviously)

And idle:

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/4534/13720/276893.jpg

But as you can see, classtimers works very well for seeing things like Demo shout, Deep Wounds, Sunders & TC. Also my other buff timers are fairly well seen on the upper right hand corner.

Since the time of these screenshots, I've relocated my Recount down one box, and moved my omen down to the bottom right chat frame. It frees up some extra space on the UI itself and makes better use of the left hand part of that chat frame (the right side is used for whisper/gchat/raid/etc)

It's a work off CaithUI, but with some tweaking, you can easily make it work for you.
    Deadweight - Protection Warrior
    Windrunner-US

Power Aura's.

download it play with it, set it up to show when Shield slam is available for use, and make it BIG, in the middle of your screen, and BAMn done. Whenever sword and board proc your shield slam will be available and a icon will pop up in the middle of your screen.

MSBT >>>> SCT
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scilla&n=Wenger

I'm REALLY liking NeedToKnow and MSBT.

Here's my setup:

to: ItsHandled

Mind sharing what addons u are using? I have a similar setup but far from as clean and straight as yours.

Thanks

/LG

http://tinypic.com/r/2vl1fg2/5

Is what I'm currently playing with. It is basically Lore from Tankspot's UI, due to my WoW corrupting last week and me not being bothered enough to rebuild my old one.

As you can see, it shows both Sword and Board procs in the box to the left of the hud, and your offensive debuffs on the target on the right (deep wounds etc).

You can try Nao!! to track proc like SnB, ToB or SD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bera
    Power Aura's.

download it play with it, set it up to show when Shield slam is available for use, and make it BIG, in the middle of your screen, and BAMn done. Whenever sword and board proc your shield slam will be available and a icon will pop up in the middle of your screen.
    Power Auras always worked well for me.

I had it set to show Sword and Board, Shout durations, trinket procs, etc. It's really handy and takes very little time to setup.