Shield of righteousness (nerf?)

"Shield of Righteousness now deals 130% of block value + 520 at the highest rank. It no longer causes a high amount of threat. (Previously increased damage by a set amount)"

This is what blue said. So no more high threat. But still I keep hearing from ppl like:"It never gave extra threat".
    Is that true? or was this just a plain nerf?

Re: Shield of righteousness (nerf?)

Don't worry, it is not a nerf.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

it is a tooltip fix.

Well it is our main single target threat generator. It usually makes the 35-40% part of total tps. It gives the extra threat for sure. Now it lost its extra threat but 130% is kinda makes it equal and also with our new extra talent points, (which I'm planning to dig retri tree) you will be able to make shit lots of threat even without using the shield. Wake up, we're getting OP. 8)

It never gave extra threat. All it gave was some high holy damage which is very high threat already (RF)
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

currently on live, my Shield of the Rightousness states "slam the target causing holy damage equal to your block value plus 540. This spell causes a high amount of threat."

and on the PTR, it specifically states, that Shield of the rightousness, no longer causes a high amount of threat.

So Either its a current tooltip error on live, or misinformation on the part of players who don't know any better, or a nerf.

I did not see anywhere, ANY place in the current patch where they refunded that threat. I know they added more damage to shield of the rightousness, but that was the EXACT amount lost from the Talent, Shield of the Templar.

BUT someone said, it is a tooltip fix. in which case, blizzards own patch notes are incorrect and lead us to believe this misinformation. They could say "tooltip fix: Shield of the Rightousness no longer causes a high ammount of threat, previously stating "this ability causes a high ammount of threat".

who knows. we're still op- give us a 1.5 minute last stand and AOE taunt kk.

Paladin abilities do not have and do not need threat modifiers on their own. That's what righteous fury is for. The only way to mess with the TPS of an ability is to change the amount of damage it does.

Tooltip fix, that is all.

Additionally, the 30% increase in damage is just a high tier prot talent rolled into baseline (same as holy shield, Captain America, etc). The only "nerf" we're seeing here is the mana reduction talents gone. That shouldn't matter with the DP changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Giebel
    Well it is our main single target threat generator. It usually makes the 35-40% part of total tps. It gives the extra threat for sure. Now it lost its extra threat but 130% is kinda makes it equal and also with our new extra talent points, (which I'm planning to dig retri tree) you will be able to make shit lots of threat even without using the shield. Wake up, we're getting OP. 8)
    Yes I know our threat is OP. ^^.. but the question wasnt that. Gotten many times yelled in vent by overaggroing from our main tank when I take a risk and use 1 shor while offtanking.
    Anyways, thanks for the answers. It just seems to be a tooltip fix

Quote Originally Posted by Bera
    currently on live, my Shield of the Rightousness states "slam the target causing holy damage equal to your block value plus 540. This spell causes a high amount of threat."

and on the PTR, it specifically states, that Shield of the rightousness, no longer causes a high amount of threat.

So Either its a current tooltip error on live, or misinformation on the part of players who don't know any better, or a nerf.

I did not see anywhere, ANY place in the current patch where they refunded that threat. I know they added more damage to shield of the rightousness, but that was the EXACT amount lost from the Talent, Shield of the Templar.

BUT someone said, it is a tooltip fix. in which case, blizzards own patch notes are incorrect and lead us to believe this misinformation. They could say "tooltip fix: Shield of the Rightousness no longer causes a high ammount of threat, previously stating "this ability causes a high ammount of threat".

who knows. we're still op- give us a 1.5 minute last stand and AOE taunt kk.
    tooltip should have been hotfixed but i guess it wasn't since they reworded for this patch.

They can't hotfix tooltips, hence why avenging wrath said it didn't cause forebearance for months, and glyph of holy light said 20 yards for about a month, despite being hotfixed to 8