Thread: Holy Paladin

Holy Paladin

So If I spec Holy, am I Screwed pretty much from doing any sort of damage?

I'll hit stuff, heal, hit more, heal more, hit more, heal more, and after a long drawn out fight like that, my target will die.

Or is there some miraculous rotation I should use to dish out some damage?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Holy Paladin

Dish out damage? lol

Holy shock, judgement, consecrate, retribution aura, and seal of righteousness are your only real forms of damage. In full KT25 gear, you'll do about 1k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuitous
    Dish out damage? lol

Holy shock, judgement, consecrate, retribution aura, and seal of righteousness are your only real forms of damage. In full KT25 gear, you'll do about 1k dps.
    don't forget shield

Dish out damage? lol

Which is fine because on average it will only take you 10 seconds to kill any quest mob, plus you can solo elites with ease and have a ton of versatility and potent heals incase you get caught in an outlast pvp fight. Just because holy can't 2 shot things like some dps doesn't mean it isn't just fine if you know how to play.

With plenty of spellpower and crit, holy paladins grind just fine, and taking on multiple mobs is no issue at all.

Spec 18 points into ret up to Sanctified Seals and you're golden.

Dish out damage? lol

So roll a new toon or wait till Dual Spec to do anything other than heal. 1k isn't exactly dps anymore sadly. And you say I'd need full Naxx 25 gear to see that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffMeUp
    So roll a new toon or wait till Dual Spec to do anything other than heal. 1k isn't exactly dps anymore sadly. And you say I'd need full Naxx 25 gear to see that as well.
    Don't listen to him. I still have 3 upgrades to get to have BiS everything and im pulling 1500 DPS solo easily. Holy shock crits for 5k (and i have over 50% chance to crit with it) judgement judges for 2k crit, shield hits for 1500ish. So in a 3 second span you will on average hit for about 7k or so burst. Then you still have auto attack with seal up and consecrate if needed and before you know it your 6 sec CDs are back up. Add the fact that exorcism will be castable on any target in 3.1 and we're fine. Healers get lower DPS, deal with it. But holy dps is perfectly fine in any scenario unless you wanna dps a raid.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by BuffMeUp
    It's 1k damage from 2 or 3 spells with 6 second and 10 second CD's. You actually do a good amount of damage per attack but they are spaced farther apart. That is why you only see 1k DPS in recount.

Think about it.

Once Exorcism becomes available to use on all targets Holy will actually have an attack rotation and better more even damage output.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    It's 1k damage from 2 or 3 spells with 6 second and 10 second CD's. You actually do a good amount of damage per attack but they are spaced farther apart. That is why you only see 1k DPS in recount.

Think about it.

Once Exorcism becomes available to use on all targets Holy will actually have an attack rotation and better more even damage output.
    Judge, Holy Shock, Shield Slam, Exorcism. That's 6 seconds there in GCD's. If you consecrate by the time your GCD is up you can then Holy Shock, Shield Slam, Judge, Exorcism. In a 12 second span you should do a crap ton of damage for a healer spec. Now we go from being burst with no sustainability in between to bursty top end with a fluid rotation.

As the poster I quoted said, and as I have been saying, there is no reason to worry about holy's DPS. It's fine. And it will be better. And if you spec'd holy to do big time DPS, you failed already.

Quote Originally Posted by Triston
    Judge, Holy Shock, Shield Slam, Exorcism. That's 6 seconds there in GCD's. If you consecrate by the time your GCD is up you can then Holy Shock, Shield Slam, Judge, Exorcism. In a 12 second span you should do a crap ton of damage for a healer spec. Now we go from being burst with no sustainability in between to bursty top end with a fluid rotation.

As the poster I quoted said, and as I have been saying, there is no reason to worry about holy's DPS. It's fine. And it will be better. And if you spec'd holy to do big time DPS, you failed already.
    SHockadin LAWL...